Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first line

As I have gone alone in there....

He chose those words for a specific reason.. it tells what was done and how it was done.
    It could have been ..
    Because I have..
    Just I have..
    So I have..
    easily any one would work, but he chose the word AS.. that tells something.. not just the word AS but of the line in the way it is formed... both a present tense and a past tense in the same usage..
    so now I ask.. (if you want to play along) why would he choose to start the line and poem in such a way.

Remember it is risky to discount any of the words.

I think a lot of searchers discount this first line as well as the last. When searching , I always ask myself, where can I go “in” and is it worth the cold? I don’t know why these are always forgotten. He chose those words for a reason , and not just because they rhyme.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
      The #1 word of the poem and also the first.
      {"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":130158}
      Oh, You took the first meaning and highlighted it.. so let look at that for a moment.. to the same degree.
      but what degree? the same as what? the same degree as in a temperature? or as in I will give him the third degree(lol) IMO it doesn't give credence to the rest of the line or poem..
      it's almost like the word several.. several to me is an indifinitive word. a person can't really put a definite number to it.
      but if you look at the second meaning that you didn't give focus too..
      in the idea, character or condition of, limiting the view to certain to certain attribute or relations.. by this definition you can put an attribute to the word AS and it begins to lend itself to a certain idea.

Remember it is risky to discount any of the words.

Comment

If the solve also included coordinates, what comes first? Degrees, then minutes, then seconds. This is why it is the first poem word.
        I highlighted the first meaning because it is the first word. Warm waters halt also has a degree and when you Begin, it is the first thing happening.
        I agree on the degrees.. they would be included in the solve but you can't find those if you put the cart before the horse...

If the clues included the precise coordinates how would someone divide those up into 9 clues?
        This is a something that has been troubling me for sometime... you have degrees minutes and seconds or 8 clues if you have to be BOTG for the last clue which f saids something about GE would not help with the last clue.

Last edited by JChere; 11-27-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

You realize, OH!, that the hundredths place on arcseconds represents about 1 foot in precision (less than a foot for longitude). Forrest doesn't know the coordinates to that precision, nor could we reliably navigate to even ten times that precision. Also, latitude only goes from -90 to +90 (and we're obviously only concerned with the northern hemisphere) so for latitude XXd YYm ZZ.Zs is sufficient (7 digits). For longitude, the first digit is obviously 1 for the entire search zone, so Forrest ~technically~ wouldn't need to provide it, though he probably would to avoid confusion.

Comment

000°00'00.00"W = 4 clues
            000°00'00.00"N = 4 clues.

Degrees, minutes, dot second, second. Each number carries a symbol. The foot sign and inch sign are used in coordinates (alternate words)
            Google Earth will not help you with the final clue. (A Forrest quote)
            This means it will help with the first 8. The ninth clue is not a coordinate. The included poem coordinates guide you to finding clue 9.
            I get 6 clues to the degrees, minute, seconds
            and 2 clues telling when to adjust from one to the other
            but that's just me...

Remember it is risky to discount any of the words

Comment

AS pointed out previously by someone on another thread,
              I believe Fenn's poem deliberately references the Hermetic adage:
              "As Above, So Below"

Click image for larger version  Name:	AASB3.png Views:	0 Size:	79.0 KB ID:	130398Click image for larger version  Name:	AASB2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	130399
              Click image for larger version  Name:	AASB4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.4 KB ID:	130400Click image for larger version  Name:	AASB5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	130401

Click image for larger version  Name:	AASB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	218.1 KB ID:	130402

(only he messes it up a bit by duplicating the "so"
              in the final two stanzas, taking it from a beautiful iteration
              of an eternal truth to something just "so so."
              he was 80 when he wrote it,
              SO we gotta cut the man some slack.)

and if you look and listen closely, you'll find this isn't the only encrypted message to be unpacked ...
              (and I'm not talking about the butt & fart stuff either)
              Last edited by Cross-Eyed Dottie; 11-28-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Dottie, i would put the chances of forrest realizing the (contradictory and not contradictory) implications of “ as above, so (so) below” , as pretty high.

Comment

Originally posted by astree View Post
                  Dottie, i would put the chances of forrest realizing the (contradictory and not contradictory) implications of “ as above, so (so) below” , as pretty high.
                  jove knows the 'below' is just so-so;
                  I suppose ff may as well.
                  lofty ideals - always more inspiring than lowly botg;
                  perhaps the so-so was in fact intentional.

jury's still out on the 'trolls' stumble though. that one felt pretty ... organic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thurisaz.PNG
Views:	476
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	130410

Comment

Ha-ha, I would to. Especially when you do the poem count from "As" to "So" of the poem.
                    As = To the same degree
                    So = To a very great degree
                    OH! A match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As above, So below!

Or do a count from the word "waters" to the second "So" of the poem. And we all know the word that is attached to waters.

This end word is attached to waters. I wonder what the character count is?
                    As I have gone alone in there
                    And with my treasures bold,
                    I can keep my secret where,
                    And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm

OH! A Match!
                    Does "warm" have a degree? Oops TMI!!!!!!!!
                    Nicely played, sir; nicely played. but alas, if you keep yelling out your own name,
                    we may have to give you a title ... or just call you "Jack" for short:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Oh.PNG Views:	0 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	130412

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Eyed Dottie View Post

Does Asi count as a third?
                      The underworld could always use a little heaven, and I suppose vice-versa to remain thankful. It would take a jaded one indeed to be anything other- like someone who just gave up on defending the entire kingdom and decided only these in this particular keep would be saved, and yet does not give thanks to those sacrificed outside the door that allowed it to be closed.
                      In observance of their hell, heaven feels grace.
                      In but small mercies, the Under, Heaven’s face- a countenance so bright that shadows cease and with them their secret knowledge.

Comment

Since this thread went all about coordinates from the first word.. the new SB IMO has one hint that I would normally leave alone and just claim biased opinion
                        "My little dog was in his usual car-riding spot on the top of my driver’s seat, and behind my neck."

THE TOP.. singular usage and yet defining it as an adjective = highest in degree.. and as a noun well it has a lot of meanings..
                        I think f is just whittling spinning tops and selling them for ice cream money... lol

Comment

Well ,I guess, dog gone- it! Sorry
                          https://youtu.be/nv33eaygVDQ​​​​​​ https://youtu.be/jDK7sRLn-3E

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post
                            Since this thread went all about coordinates from the first word.. the new SB IMO has one hint that I would normally leave alone and just claim biased opinion
                            "My little dog was in his usual car-riding spot on the top of my driver’s seat, and behind my neck."

THE TOP.. singular usage and yet defining it as an adjective = highest in degree.. and as a noun well it has a lot of meanings..
                            I think f is just whittling spinning tops and selling them for ice cream money... lol

The old "could become a pain in the neck" allegory.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Eyed Dottie View Post

jury's still out on the 'trolls' stumble though. that one felt pretty ... organic.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Thurisaz.PNG Views:	248 Size:	143.8 KB ID:	130410
                              What image is that? The spiral connecting the trees got my attention (yggdrasil?)

sow hy is it that i must go ( the SOW occurs right after the GIP / PIG phrase go in peace )
                              Last edited by astree; 12-02-2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X