Searching in different states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching in different states

So if you were at the meet up, there was a bit of a controversy. We introduced ourselves as searchers and where we are searching. I introduced myself as searching in Wyoming. Mike introduced himself as searching in Montana. Yes, it is true. We are focusing on two different states. Why? I have caught something I can’t get away from in Wyoming, and he is focusing on Montana for other reasons. We have decided to take the next little bit and develop our own path. See where it goes. At first it seemed counterintuitive, but I think it might help with groupthink ...... just wanted to share. Maybe it will get new ideas and thoughts for us.... that is what we are about, being different!
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

But that isn’t a question.

Comment

Originally posted by Seabiscuit View Post
      Was it supposed to be?
      “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Oh. So... the idea was a notice? Hey look. Here’s the thing. That kind of disclaimer?

Comment

Oh. So... the idea was a notice? Hey look. Here’s the thing. That kind of disclaimer?
          No, just a development that was different than the norm, most search partners keep focused on one place, or at least in my opinion and experience. Thought maybe a discussion could ensue and thoughts about it rather than ..... well..... this.

This place is not what it used to be, as postings get this kind of response. Sad. But true.

Comment

I started searching before there was a map. Anyway, I’ll bow out and listen.

Comment

I started searching before there was a map. Anyway, I’ll bow out and listen.
              And yet the TC is still out there....... maybe we need to think differently.

Comment

Here's what I'm curious about, and probably others are too. Maybe something you could discuss further without revealing too much: what draws you to your spot vs. Mike's? For example, what makes your spot different and more convincing to you?
                "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Comment

Ok , I'll be captain obvious. Admin and her friend have 2 different ideas of the proper search state. I don't see why the smarty pants party against her. Good luck to both of you admin !

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Well View Post
                    Here's what I'm curious about, and probably others are too. Maybe something you could discuss further without revealing too much: what draws you to your spot vs. Mike's? For example, what makes your spot different and more convincing to you?
                    Good question.

I have decided to jump into the poem and TTOTC. And look from fresh eyes. I have found a couple of things that bring me to a location in Wyoming. It is very premature and I have not shared all the details with Mike. Yet. Just want to get a little further first.

For Mike, he was really impressed with Yellowstone area when we were there last summer. Something stuck to him and he wants to further explore. I have “been there done that”, so won’t stop him from exploring, but don’t think it is in the area he is looking.

I have not tried to convince yet and when he told me the general area he wants to explore, he couldn’t convince me if he tried..... haha.

Comment

So why is it that I must go? No, No, NO!

Comment

Good luck! Kudos for having the courage to start over and take a new approach. That's been one of the toughest lessons I've had to learn, but also the one that has reaped the most reward for me. I too believe Yellowstone is not a good match, but everyone has their reasons. You should have plenty of time to regroup and solidify your solve before next season.
                        "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Comment

Hi KPro: in this (rare?) instance Mike is right, but probably nothing to crow about. After all, one has a 1 in 4 chance of guessing the right state (though some 40% of searchers choose NM for mostly non-poem reasons).

If I am the lucky individual to find the chest, I certainly won't reveal its location, but I will waste little time quite anonymously) telling the deluded that it wasn't in NM. And then I will watch the spectacle of what insues -- rather similar to turning over a log and watching all the critters scatter. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                            Hi KPro: in this (rare?) instance Mike is right, but probably nothing to crow about. After all, one has a 1 in 4 chance of guessing the right state (though some 40% of searchers choose NM for mostly non-poem reasons).

If I am the lucky individual to find the chest, I certainly won't reveal its location, but I will waste little time quite anonymously) telling the deluded that it wasn't in NM. And then I will watch the spectacle of what insues -- rather similar to turning over a log and watching all the critters scatter. ;-)
                            It is you Zapster who are delusional. The treasure is in New Mexico.
                            Last edited by Anna Graham; 11-26-2019, 09:58 PM.
                            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                            --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Anna: you are part of the 40% who think so, so you can take some comfort in knowing you favor the most popular search state.

Comment

Working...
                              X