No announcement yet.

Scrapbook 241: Olden Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a photo where Forrest is wearing a wedding ring? I know it's been brought up before. But I never heard when , where or how? ff proposed to Peggy. . I know he was around 18 years old. But you would think of all the stories. That would of been one his biggest moments in his life.

Comment

$3500 - $880 = $ 2620. Not sure how much a gold ring went for in the 1940's. I'm guessing he paid around $2000 for the box. The RING is deffinetly a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

Still bitter?

I've never been bitter about having gotten " the boot".

That was resolved, you apologized and I accepted your apology.

PH smiled and winked, said it was significant and laughed at my PH balance crack, so I think she and I are good.

I don't think my answers have innuendo or sarcasm...they can be cryptic at times, but then, like the poem and memoirs, I guess my posts are open to interpretation. Most importantly, I hope they get people to think and smile, at times.

Peace,
        O.
        I believe she was just being nice and trying to save face. I may be wrong, but I called your answer as I seen it.

The middle cross does has significance, but also the first cross like the attached photo from BOTG, Click image for larger version

Name:	20180514_153528.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	6.27 MB
ID:	130173Click image for larger version

Name:	20180514_153450.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	6.75 MB
ID:	130174 with the asterisks and dots.

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post

I believe she was just being nice and trying to save face. I may be wrong, but I called your answer as I seen it.

The middle cross does has significance, but also the first cross like the attached photo from BOTG, Click image for larger version

Name:	20180514_153528.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	6.27 MB
ID:	130173Click image for larger version

Name:	20180514_153450.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	6.75 MB
ID:	130174 with the asterisks and dots.
          I try not to assume feelings of others...As an autistic INTJ, that's a rabbit hole for me.

You are right about the first cross...
          it's important to always tell the truth but don't always tell all the truth...I read that someplace.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

I try not to assume feelings of others...As an autistic INTJ, that's a rabbit hole for me.

You are right about the first cross...
            it's important to always tell the truth but don't always tell all the truth...I read that someplace.
            It is all up to intrepretation. The second cross was an answer to a question. Also, the truth will set you free.

I'm tired of playing Charades.
            Last edited by Countryboy; 11-26-2019, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Posted this over at Dal's also -

Giving this some serious thot….
              Don’t believe that old wooden box held a bulto as Mr. Fenn has implied but instead held a priest’s chalice for offering communion to the community. A very, very sacred cup that held the blood of christ, the wine.

And the box now holds coins? Are they silver?
              And then there are the three crosses – such a symbolic shape.
              Makes me want to throw my arms out and ask why?

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                Posted this over at Dal's also -

Giving this some serious thot….
                Don’t believe that old wooden box held a bulto as Mr. Fenn has implied but instead held a priest’s chalice for offering communion to the community. A very, very sacred cup that held the blood of christ, the wine.

And the box now holds coins? Are they silver?
                And then there are the three crosses – such a symbolic shape.
                Makes me want to throw my arms out and ask why?
                IMO.

The first picture is with the box closed. The Bulto is praying for the second box picture, the opening of the chest.
                The Hunter cannot fulfill the prayer, but has chosen Love over the treasure for now. Maybe this love will see the light, and the retrieval will happen.

Forrest is loosing his hearing, sad, but true. Soon he will not be able to hear himself talk, but, still has his highly gifted writing skills. I am sure he would like to have a conversation with the finder before that time.

IMO. I could be completely wrong and the first to admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post

IMO.

The first picture is with the box closed. The Bulto is praying for the second box picture, the opening of the chest.
                  The Hunter cannot fulfill the prayer, but has chosen Love over the treasure for now. Maybe this love will see the light, and the retrieval will happen.

Forrest is loosing his hearing, sad, but true. Soon he will not be able to hear himself talk, but, still has his highly gifted writing skills. I am sure he would like to have a conversation with the finder before that time.

IMO. I could be completely wrong and the first to admit it.
                  CountryBoy - Wonderful response and you may be so right.
                  There is nothing more special than the sound of the human voice to our ears. Remember watching and waiting for those first sounds and words that our babies made? What an emotion.
                  But the heart hears too sometimes even more than the ears do. Just got to listen.
                  How do I know this - because I can "feel" it.
                  Touching is so much more than just the sensation we have at the end of our fingertips.

Comment

I'm sure the guys at Meow Wolf can make a section for Kids only to hunt his treasure.

https://meowwolf.com/

"I’m trying to figure out what to do with it. Ideally, I would hide it somewhere in the New Mexico Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe, but nearer than 8.25 miles from town. Then invite kids 16 years old and younger to go search for it. It can’t be out in the weather. What would you do with it? "

In Santa Fe, amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

CountryBoy - Wonderful response and you may be so right.
                      There is nothing more special than the sound of the human voice to our ears. Remember watching and waiting for those first sounds and words that our babies made? What an emotion.
                      But the heart hears too sometimes even more than the ears do. Just got to listen.
                      How do I know this - because I can "feel" it.
                      Touching is so much more than just the sensation we have at the end of our fingertips.
                      WWW, Thank you.

I believe your words are true, and display a warm heart.

Comment

Enough playing coy, people. Asterisk/star on one *CROSS*, *yellow* border on another (goodness, what could THAT mean? -duh-), all three crosses made of WOOD. Growing tired of the "I know something you don't know" rooster-crowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Seabiscuit View Post
                          Oh VP, what are you to Forrest? It sounds like you know but he doesn’t.
                          He has written about this cross before in a sb

Comment

Originally posted by Seabiscuit View Post
                            I think the number hidden in plain sight is 265. The number 6 if we are talking about derangements.
                            How did you get this number?
                            I need math help, lol!

Comment

Ha! Google sequencing and derangement. It’s about what doesn’t go together but is related in some way. I believe it’s that, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                                Enough playing coy, people. Asterisk/star on one *CROSS*, *yellow* border on another (goodness, what could THAT mean? -duh-), all three crosses made of WOOD. Growing tired of the "I know something you don't know" rooster-crowing.
                                Is it others see what you don't see? Have been where you have not been? Do you believe the scrapbooks have no meaning or guidence at all? I believe they are highly insightful.
                                Possibly a post showing some pictures, are in fact things to look for. But, sitting on your a** and not getting out there, you will never see. When was the last time you seen an actual physical asterisk out there in the woods? And not just imagination.
                                If you do not understand, does not mean others as well, do not understand. No inuendos, a picture in my eyes is fact, and tells a story.
                                We all see things differently, what I see and believe may not be what you see or believe.

No challenge Zap, just thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X