Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapbook 241: Olden Wood

https://dalneitzel.com/2019/11/24/sc...red-forty-one/
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Omg! The treasure is in NM! I’m just sure about it!

Comment

Nice Chest Forrest! I do like the mellow toning. Great examples of Spanish craftsmenship.

Comment

Hello Forrest,

You have asked what to do with your chest of Gold coins worth approximately $3500....... My web name is Coinaster for good reason... I have been trading rare coins for years on Ebay... I would buy whole estate sales and break them up for profit... I didn't make much but it has entertained me for years.... I ran into some bad luck and a fraud situation where I had purchased coins that I never received... I provided evidence to the FBI concerning my loses.... But to date.... nothing... My web name is very personal and means disasters with coins and my trading efforts on Ebay..... Don't say it... Just my bad luck... Right!

My fear is that your generosity turns to the negative... The goal that you perceive, especially with our youth will go to the dogs because unfortunately.... Adults like me will muddle the worth of your intended end product... We will allow greed to be paramount and will affect a different outcome... No... Let them be kids.... allow them to touch the art without repercussion... Dang Forrest... don't venture from who you are! Heck... Give it to someone in need!

Coinaster

Comment

The Cross - the one in the middle - is significant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnD-rjPJ3Xw

Peace,

Orion the Hunter

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cross In the Middle.2.jpg Views:	15 Size:	216.9 KB ID:	129980

Last edited by ORION; 11-25-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

I think it is another reference to the ”lid” being up. The exact location is known to at least one person, so much that it can’t be contained.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
              A roll of quarters is 2.75 inches long and almost an inch high and holds 40 quarters. This means you could row approximately 120 quarters 3 times in the box. If you did this 6 times, it would be 2 inches high. You actually could put 880 quarters in the box if they were perfectly rowed and probably shut the box. But theses coins are slightly larger (3/16th of an inch) than a quarter, so fitting 880 coins into the box by how they are positioned, it would be over flowing and you'd be unable to close the box.
              {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tcoinbox2.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t2.57 MB ID:\t129990","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"129990","data-size":"custom","height":"823","width":"616"}
              The below box appears a little over half full. So what is his reason for saying 880 coins?
              Do the math precisely and you'll come to the same conclusion.
              {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0T1A3692.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t190.1 KB ID:\t129991","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"129991","data-size":"full"}
              Love this work, thank you!

Comment

I am not a great prognosticator of scrapbooks. But two omegas form an 8. It is also a storytelling/interview/triangulation technique.

visualize the figure 8. If you tell a story, or listen to one, in theory you begin moving toward the central point, at which point the listener or interviewer transitions to another angle on the story. The listener can ask questions differently, or come toward the central point a different way. If both versions lead back to the same point, you have a credible story. If they don’t, you have a story or interviewee without credibility.

Or, like any good fable, folk, or urban tail, it needs a moral or a lesson:

you have to leave home to find it.

you have to leave something or lose it to find it again.

its not the destination that matters, it’s the journey.

we are destined to return to the same ground.

we journey to see other things, but end up finding ourselves again.

two roads diverged in a yellow wood- and I took both- and I’m whole again. (You can be one traveler..)

What goes around, comes around.

two eights? It’s done twice.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                  I am not a great prognosticator of scrapbooks. But two omegas form an 8. It is also a storytelling/interview/triangulation technique.

visualize the figure 8. If you tell a story, or listen to one, in theory you begin moving toward the central point, at which point the listener or interviewer transitions to another angle on the story. The listener can ask questions differently, or come toward the central point a different way. If both versions lead back to the same point, you have a credible story. If they don’t, you have a story or interviewee without credibility.

Or, like any good fable, folk, or urban tail, it needs a moral or a lesson:

you have to leave home to find it.

you have to leave something or lose it to find it again.

its not the destination that matters, it’s the journey.

we are destined to return to the same ground.

we journey to see other things, but end up finding ourselves again.

two roads diverged in a yellow wood- and I took both- and I’m whole again. (You can be one traveler..)

What goes around, comes around.

two eights? It’s done twice.

"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T. S. Eliot

Peace,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

880= silver
                    Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
                    Righty-O!

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

The Cross - the one in the middle - is significant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnD-rjPJ3Xw

Peace,

Orion the Hunter

Click image for larger version Name:	Cross In the Middle.2.jpg Views:	15 Size:	216.9 KB ID:	129980
                      Have you ever played the game uncharted before?? In the game Nathan Drake goes to an auction and steal a cross kind of like this, the back slides off the same way and there was a secret letter hidden in it. Have you ever seen it!? The guy on the cross was one of the thief’s that were veucified next to jesus

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191125-132144_Maps.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	130025Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191125-132304_Maps.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	130026 If i was going north the from Sante Fe into the Rocky Mountains to hide a box less then 8.25 miles away. I would take the only main road available, 475. About 6 miles away is Hyde Memorial State Park. Now let's say I want to hide it over 8.25. I would continue on to Ski Sante Fe. (11 miles) A Ski hill would seem fitting place for WWWH. Also there are only a few of them south of Sante Fe. I know the the distance to the lodge as the crow flies might be just under the 8.25 of the border. . And I could never connect it to the poem. But it could be done in one afternoon from his house very easily. not sure if they run the ski lift in summer thou. that also would make a double trip into a canyon doable.

Comment

Each eight intersects two stories, events, or recollections. A single point in the middle. Two 8's placed over one another, at right angles, make a flower. Or perhaps a clover. FF always said it was "me in the middle."

Perhaps he considers himself very fortunate-- lucky-- or perhaps there is more.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                            Each eight intersects two stories, events, or recollections. A single point in the middle. Two 8's placed over one another, at right angles, make a flower. Or perhaps a clover. FF always said it was "me in the middle."

Perhaps he considers himself very fortunate-- lucky-- or perhaps there is more.
                            He’s said this a few times... saying, “he’s lived a charmed life”
                            also, he has mentioned luck countless times in scrapbooks.

Comment

Last edited by Moody Chameleon; 11-26-2019, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X