Who is Forrest Listening too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Forrest Listening too?

In a recent scrapbook, Forrest asked that searchers to stop emailing him. However, it scrapbook 237 Forrest says "Nobody has ever said I’m getting more valuable as I move farther into oldenhood, but I’m still listening. f"

Is this a way of Forrest communicating with the LS to continue to email him? Did the LS get confused by the previous request to stop emailing Forrest and has stopped? Did Forrest suddenly wonder why communication with the LS has suddenly stopped and thought he would reply publicly so the LS will continue to send emails?

Or, was this simply a cliche way of saying he has no intention of quitting what he is doing?

Remember when you were learning to put your shoes on? And you couldn't remember which foot was the left and which foot was the right.
    So you asked your Mom, is this right?
    Never got my shoes on correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
      In a recent scrapbook, Forrest asked that searchers to stop emailing him. However, it scrapbook 237 Forrest says "Nobody has ever said I’m getting more valuable as I move farther into oldenhood, but I’m still listening. f"

Is this a way of Forrest communicating with the LS to continue to email him? Did the LS get confused by the previous request to stop emailing Forrest and has stopped? Did Forrest suddenly wonder why communication with the LS has suddenly stopped and thought he would reply publicly so the LS will continue to send emails?

Or, was this simply a cliche way of saying he has no intention of quitting what he is doing?
      He is listening to the ("lead ore").

Peace,

Orion

Comment

"So hear me all and listen good."
        I'm thinking this is where we sew it up.
        Looking for my dang needle.

Comment

Maybe the lead searcher has put a lot of effort into this and hasn't hit the jackpot.. maybe what should have been Las Vegas turned out to be just south of there, even in Vegas the odds are against you as the house usually wins. Forrest GIVE US A SIGN!!! as those of us who used to email him wont anymore because he asked us all to stop.. it's likely that lead dog would do the same. to the searcher who left tea bags all around my search area.... HA HA HA yes very funny.

Comment

Maybe he's still listening for when his bell is going to ring? I agree it's confusing....

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post
              Maybe he's still listening for when his bell is going to ring? I agree it's confusing....
              The lead slugger is probably confused, or maybe...

Click image for larger version  Name:	coharrystruman1-2x.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	129435

Click image for larger version  Name:	Confucius-Quote3-1024x538.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	129438

Click image for larger version  Name:	confucius-say.jpg Views:	0 Size:	9.2 KB ID:	129437

conf.jpg
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Castellaw1685; 11-21-2019, 10:13 AM.
              Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
              Righty-O!

Comment

I’ve never heard the term oldenhood, but who doesn’t appreciate those wise enough to keep learning and moving for that long? Now, if only that wisdom could be learned in a way that doesn’t take 40 years to break the cryptic. Google translate needs a Fenspeak language option.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                  I’ve never heard the term oldenhood, but who doesn’t appreciate those wise enough to keep learning and moving for that long? Now, if only that wisdom could be learned in a way that doesn’t take 40 years to break the cryptic. Google translate needs a Fenspeak language option.
                  oldenhood = old bell above dolls in his den

ps- I think he has quite the nice patina these days, and only gets better.
                  So hold onto your forks.. the best is yet to come.
                  Last edited by Castellaw1685; 11-21-2019, 10:28 AM.
                  Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
                  Righty-O!

Comment

I’m pretty sure the lead searcher would have taken the request to stop emailing Fenn with a grain of salt. In other words, I don’t think the LS took it literally. After all the one person Fenn does want to hear from is the lead searcher/hunter. If Fenn is going to craft his hints in the scrapbooks to assist the LS in the final location, he has to know the lead searcher’s progress. So no I don’t think the LS has stopped emailing Fenn. He might have even increased his emailing.
                    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

I’m pretty sure the lead searcher would have taken the request to stop emailing Fenn with a grain of salt. In other words, I don’t think the LS took it literally. After all the one person Fenn does want to hear from is the lead searcher/hunter. If Fenn is going to craft his hints in the scrapbooks to assist the LS in the final location, he has to know the lead searcher’s progress. So no I don’t think the LS has stopped emailing Fenn. He might have even increased his emailing.
                      I no longer email Mr. Fenn because the image of him holding a Magnifying Glass up to his laptop is simply too much. I know Dal has been a good friend to Forrest, but after all the beauty and wisdom Mr. Fenn has been kind enough to impart, can Dal not at least show Mr. Fenn how to use the ZOOM feature? If I ever find the treasure chest, my declaration email will be written in large font and ALL CAPS.

Here you go, Mr. Fenn. I'm sorry none of us thought to send this sooner ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom Protocol.PNG
Views:	506
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	129446

Comment

Maybe the LS has never e-mailed Fenn directly, knowing there's little or no benefit in doing so. Communication (between the two) can happen "publicly" via these forums.

Comment

Ooh sewing and needle. Holy cow. What is going on around here.
                          Last edited by Seabiscuit; 11-21-2019, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I think it is interesting that F says that. It sounds as though he might have shared something that could be valuable and is listening to see if anyone has caught on... At the same time though, it could be very innocent. Older people tend to feel this way sometimes. People treat them like children again. He has said that he's not allowed to drive outside of Santa Fe, that he's always being reminded of what's good for him to eat, etc.. It could be that simple, an old man sharing his frustrations about getting older. Like everything gets better with age, yet when humans age no one feels they are more valuable, more often they are treated like a liability.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to understand Forrest realizes that he's edging his way toward his last 15 and so is his wife that he treasures more than anything. He has some prior commitments it appears, he has had a lot of interactions with the press lately, along with other projects like all the documentaries, board games and even has had to moderate some childish drama too... He's almost 90, people need to back off and let him enjoy this time.

Comment

Forrest is thinking about oldenhood. Searchers are thinking about his boldenhood where he hid his goldenhood that could be near the blazenhood in a neighborhood that is possibly underhood or maybe underwood if they only could figure it out , hence understood .

Comment

Working...
                              X