Location location location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post

This has been discussed multiple times before. Forrest's request is the location to stay a secret. Please honor his request if you are the finder. There is no human trail in close proximity of the location.
    So, if you were to reveal said location what would that do to the prestine environment the treasure lays in, with thousands of people trampling around.
    Do you have the link to a quote that Forrest made such a request ?

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

No he doesn’t cause he never said that. Ever.

Comment

THE Location --

Finn said TC aint associated with "any structure"
        He said to LISTEN to his poem
        an he said tuh LISTEN GOOD
        Cause ... The End is DRAWLing Nigh --
        Hear me DRAWLLL an Listen Good
        Think Texas DRAWLLLLLL
        an "any structure" = N.E. STRICTURE
        what a 'stricture'?
        a TIGHT SPOT.
        whas the dictionary definition of a 'stricture'?
        a spot that DRAWS tight.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Stricture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	38.6 KB ID:	127253

Keyword?

DRAW!

Not Straws, not Pictures,

Thank STRICTURES!

Whas a Stricture?

A TOMB. A SEPULCHER -- both words ff has said he *mighta put TC in.

Finn's spoken Texas DRAWLLLL holds uh AUDITORY KEY (Hear me drAWLLLL an listen GOOD)

Finn's use uh the word ... DRAWL holds thuh DENOTATIVE KEY --
        DRAW = STRICTURE = A TIGHT SPOT = NO PLACE 4 MEEK = NO PADDLE UP UR CREEK (when u there)

an thas why Finn had tuh went in ALONE --
        cause it's uh TIGHT SPOT

an thas why Finn says -- Git IN, git IT, an get the heck OUT!

He ENTOMBED thuh thang an he don wan u tuh get STUCK

thas why u gotta be BRAVE tuh go fetch it.

Think FETCHIN.

An thas why there's a blood spot in the left eye -- cause it'll SQUEEZE YA till yer eyes pop

he give us uh DRAWIN bout the FETCHIN tuh illustrate that point.

an whuht is DRAWIN thru a TIGHT SPOT an comin out the other side a METAPHOR fur?!!

Livin thuh GOOD LIFE, which is whut Finn wants for ALL his Chase Chillins (worth the COLD)
        (also the COLD uh facin death)

How is DRAWIN thru a TIGHT SPOT a METAPHOR for the GOOD LIFE --

What the Bible say the PATHWAY to HEAVEN is like?

DRAWIN uh CAMEL through the EYE of uh NEEDLE!

Finn say LOGIC gonna help ya.

WHY?

LOGIC = LOG I C = LOG EYE SEE ...

Cause tuh live the GOOD LIFE, its all bout making the LOG U SEE be the one in yer OWN EYE
        an not thatn uh yer BROTHER.

The LOG I. C. is MY OWN. EYE ALONE.

I aint cass no judgment awn my BROTHER.

Judge not less ye get it right back atcha.

Lookin on yet Brother with Judgment is the SIN that'll cause a STRICTURE in yer own eye
        soins u blinded tuh Truth Love, all the GOOD STUFF. Yer Eye get DRAWN SHUT TIGHT
        when u look at world thru JUDGMENT EYE, so ye gotta cass that OUT tuh truly see what GOOD.

Think: DRAW. Thinnk TIGHT SPOT. Think STRICTURE. Thank GOOD LIFE. Thank EYE.
        Eye uh God always watchin, EYE uh NEEDLE is whut ya gotta DRAW thru tuh get there
        an break awn thru to thuh other side.

DRAW (key word)

Is just one on the NE side we gotta fine tuh chalk uh W.

An thas my LOCATION.

Attached Files
        Last edited by A Leach; 11-08-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I know there 4 states but I have 3 locations I am working on atm. And I married my bride (poem) to my Groom (map.) Hope to see you at our reception. Lol.
          "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

" It was vital that nobody share my knowledge about the location of the treasure. "
            page 133, TTOTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

No he doesn’t cause he never said that. Ever.
              Posted

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

If the finder truly wanted to remain anonymous, to answer your direct question: they could chose the wrong person(s) to trust them in assisting said anonymity.
                I think if the finder has spent enough time thinking about this so as to actually, you know, find the thing...they won’t be able to complete the after tasks alone. They will have to observe strangers and pick a winner to trust and for assistance. (Or a few.)
                It would be cool if there was a way to 100% verify you got the correct end spot after the tc is removed to give peace of mind to those that still want to know. But to each that went to this spot and knew they solved it- that they were standing where the tc was found- each would also have the choice to make it public or knot. Eventually Someone wood. Maybe the verification should be hidden too(?) Some secret that takes a lifetime to master and a wily windy whisper to communicate(?)
                I did find a funny rehide spot near my own search area (...seriously rotflwwabs funny...) I’d consider a parallel adventure but have nowhere Near F’s marketing skills. Probably 100 people would read about it and 2 would think about the 1800 mile drive and say, nah,,,

edit- also realized it wasn’t clear, but I don’t believe you can Not remain anonymous (within the previously mentioned trusted strangers) and keep the spot a complete secret. The two are intertwined. Otherwise, you’re always going to be looking for the suicide door van that swoops you up from a daylight street like an owl a mouse in the night. Or not. Would someone swoop ya just for a secret F tc location when it’s no longer there even?
                Take me to prison. I ain’t talk’n. What tc?
                I agree Rose, at first it may be wise for the finder to remain anonymous, but eventually, it would also be wise for the finder to come forward. Maybe after the book is written?
                If the finder were to, as you say, "search for a stranger" that would be one lucky person to have this dropped on their lap. The finder had better have a good understanding of people before and select someone that would be trustworthy.

Money, is not everything. But it helps.
                Last edited by Countryboy; 11-09-2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

" It was vital that nobody share my knowledge about the location of the treasure. "
                  page 133, TTOTC.
                  Not even close to being the same as finder making public the treasure location. Best method thru a book.

Comment

Not even close to being the same as finder making public the treasure location. Best method thru a book.
                    Why not ? How can you say that with certainty ?
                    Does it not seem a bit odd to you, the placement of that statement ?

"There are also other subtle clues sprinkled in the stories. It was vital that nobody share my knowledge about the location of the treasure."

How does "clues sprinkled in the stories" have anything to do with nobody sharing his knowledge about the location ? Unless, there are clues in the stories that answer this question ?

I can argue this comment from both sides, like most everything else F says.
                    I'm just curious as to your thoughts on why that sentence follows the preceding one.
                    If there is no connection between the two, doesn't it seem such an odd thing to say, at that point ?

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Why not ? How can you say that with certainty ?
                      Does it not seem a bit odd to you, the placement of that statement ?

"There are also other subtle clues sprinkled in the stories. It was vital that nobody share my knowledge about the location of the treasure."

How does "clues sprinkled in the stories" have anything to do with nobody sharing his knowledge about the location ? Unless, there are clues in the stories that answer this question ?

I can argue this comment from both sides, like most everything else F says.
                      I'm just curious as to your thoughts on why that sentence follows the preceding one.
                      If there is no connection between the two, doesn't it seem such an odd thing to say, at that point ?
                      The word "was" tells the meaning as being past tense or of people from the past. Would you like the names of the people that know the "general search location" ? Everyone would. That's why.
                      Last edited by Quest; 11-10-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

The word "was" tells the meaning as being past tense or of people from the past. Would you like the names of the people that know the "general search location" ? Everyone would. That's why.
                        I'm sorry, but you just do not understand.
                        The location is sacred to at least one person, that is all that matters in my book. To have thousands of people trample this location would be an abomination to me.
                        For this reason alone, I would never reveal the exact location should I be so fortunate.
                        Last edited by Countryboy; 11-10-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
                          hypothetically speaking, if I found the chest, and i wanted to sell it but absolutely refused to say where I found it at, what possible complications could there be? If I’m right about the location I’ll never tell anyone, period. (Ps. I’m 99.9 % right! Cock a doodle dooooooo! Lol)
                          What's the big deal about where you found it? Are you afraid of taxes? I can see remaining anonymous for obvious reasons, but what's the big deal about the location? Are you concerned with legalities, or you just want to be mean and deny everyone else resolution?

Comment

page 133, TTOTC.
                            That is before the chest is found. Of course, he didn't want to blab about its location before the poem was solved. Good luck finding the chest. Your reasoning seems a little off to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                              If I were lucky enough to find it.....I would give others a chance to identify the hidden location to share in solving the poem ad share in the reward. I think it would be very difficult to know where it was but not able to travel there and retrieve it for any number of reasons. Thereby there could be a second place, a third and so on. We all have worked hard to crack this nut and there just shouldn't be one winner. Then I would want Forrest to publish one more book with the clues and interpretation of the poem and the back story. I believe it is a remarkable story, fascinating, illustrating Forrest's love of knowledge and for his fellow man.

Finding the box and keeping the solution a secret should be a crime, and possibly a capital offense if I was the law. Hang um high!
                              1f
                              I agree, a finder who wouldn't share the location seems to be a very selfish, uncaring person in regard to other searchers getting resolution. I don't understand their reasoning. Perhaps someone can explain more fully? Do they think it is Forrest's wish that the site not be revealed? Then why would he choose that location in the first place. I think he actually wants the spot to get recognition. The people who don't want to reveal the location ever, can you please explain more fully? Are you more interested in self protection or spot protection, for instance?
                              Last edited by bluefox959; 11-11-2019, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluefox959 View Post

I agree, a finder who wouldn't share the location is a very selfish, uncaring person. Why are they even on this forum, just to use other people to help them solve it and then give nothing back?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	2C5E7BEE-141B-493E-9728-2941379C4D0C.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	127589

Comment

Working...
                                X