Location location location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location location location

hypothetically speaking, if I found the chest, and i wanted to sell it but absolutely refused to say where I found it at, what possible complications could there be? If I’m right about the location I’ll never tell anyone, period. (Ps. I’m 99.9 % right! Cock a doodle dooooooo! Lol)

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
    hypothetically speaking, if I found the chest, and i wanted to sell it but absolutely refused to say where I found it at, what possible complications could there be? If I’m right about the location I’ll never tell anyone, period. (Ps. I’m 99.9 % right! Cock a doodle dooooooo! Lol)
    There could be any of various possible complications. For example,
    1. You could be robbed of the chest
    2. You could be (shall we say) "approached" by the IRS, wanting money from you.
    3. Your social/family life could rapidly fall apart
    4. You could stress out, leading to health problems for you

. . . I think that's enough for now. But I agree about refusing to say where the chest was found. If I find it, I won't disclose that info to a high degree of precision. I might be willing to exclude a state
    or two.

Comment

If I were lucky enough to find it.....I would give others a chance to identify the hidden location to share in solving the poem ad share in the reward. I think it would be very difficult to know where it was but not able to travel there and retrieve it for any number of reasons. Thereby there could be a second place, a third and so on. We all have worked hard to crack this nut and there just shouldn't be one winner. Then I would want Forrest to publish one more book with the clues and interpretation of the poem and the back story. I believe it is a remarkable story, fascinating, illustrating Forrest's love of knowledge and for his fellow man.

Finding the box and keeping the solution a secret should be a crime, and possibly a capital offense if I was the law. Hang um high!
      1f

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
        If the finder truly wanted to remain anonymous, to answer your direct question: they could chose the wrong person(s) to trust them in assisting said anonymity.
        I think if the finder has spent enough time thinking about this so as to actually, you know, find the thing...they won’t be able to complete the after tasks alone. They will have to observe strangers and pick a winner to trust and for assistance. (Or a few.)
        It would be cool if there was a way to 100% verify you got the correct end spot after the tc is removed to give peace of mind to those that still want to know. But to each that went to this spot and knew they solved it- that they were standing where the tc was found- each would also have the choice to make it public or knot. Eventually Someone wood. Maybe the verification should be hidden too(?) Some secret that takes a lifetime to master and a wily windy whisper to communicate(?)
        I did find a funny rehide spot near my own search area (...seriously rotflwwabs funny...) I’d consider a parallel adventure but have nowhere Near F’s marketing skills. Probably 100 people would read about it and 2 would think about the 1800 mile drive and say, nah,,,

edit- also realized it wasn’t clear, but I don’t believe you can Not remain anonymous (within the previously mentioned trusted strangers) and keep the spot a complete secret. The two are intertwined. Otherwise, you’re always going to be looking for the suicide door van that swoops you up from a daylight street like an owl a mouse in the night. Or not. Would someone swoop ya just for a secret F tc location when it’s no longer there even?
        Take me to prison. I ain’t talk’n. What tc?
        Last edited by Rose Livingstone; 11-08-2019, 01:50 AM.

Comment

I haven't given the 'after' tasks too much thought. All I know is that I would want to keep the TC intact to maybe display it all in a museum or something that could both honor f and allow the many searchers to view the artifacts up close. All the other 'after' tasks I would honestly want some serious help with!! If f has any say in this, I would want to do what he wants to do with everything. F spent so much time with this Chase that I would think he would want the solve out there, but on the other hand, that would leave his 'special' place vulnerable.

So like I said, I would hope for f's advice. In the end, it's his Chase.

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post
            I haven't given the 'after' tasks too much thought. All I know is that I would want to keep the TC intact to maybe display it all in a museum or something that could both honor f and allow the many searchers to view the artifacts up close. All the other 'after' tasks I would honestly want some serious help with!! If f has any say in this, I would want to do what he wants to do with everything. F spent so much time with this Chase that I would think he would want the solve out there, but on the other hand, that would leave his 'special' place vulnerable.

So like I said, I would hope for f's advice. In the end, it's his Chase.
            Exactly, MC! Anonymous or not... first thing to do should be to establish direct contact, suck in all the advice from that big ole man and follow his wishes… what else do you want with a 42lbs chest of gold... I'm sure selling it is harder than most of us believe! If it was me... I'd be aware I have 42lbs of problems on the shotgun seat!

My premiere goal is to solve this huge riddle, beat the gamemaster and then… GET TO KNOW HIM! I am sure -as thrilling the Chase, the SBs, the BOTG times were- the peak will be those first conversations, this get-to-know-the-man-behind-the-mask-time! If Forrest is as cool as I think he is, he will offer you a small amount for the chest to put it in a museum and I'd be happy with that as long as I can give him a huge boa hug!!

Sure this means, I gotta beat them LS, but we're not yet at the end!! Still... whoever that is, I am with you, cross my fingers for you and should I beat you, you're invited to join that meeting!

Comment

I don't understand why anyone would want to keep the treasure location a secret after the treasure was retrieved . why ? So others can't go there ? There is hundreds of thousands of people that want to go. Forrests legacy and searchers place of pilgrimage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                If I were lucky enough to find it.....I would give others a chance to identify the hidden location to share in solving the poem ad share in the reward. I think it would be very difficult to know where it was but not able to travel there and retrieve it for any number of reasons. Thereby there could be a second place, a third and so on. We all have worked hard to crack this nut and there just shouldn't be one winner. Then I would want Forrest to publish one more book with the clues and interpretation of the poem and the back story. I believe it is a remarkable story, fascinating, illustrating Forrest's love of knowledge and for his fellow man.

Finding the box and keeping the solution a secret should be a crime, and possibly a capital offense if I was the law. Hang um high!
                1f
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcLjcSloXs

Peace,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

I definitely would want to wear that "gold frog necklace" - at least for just a minute or two before it weights me down.......

Click image for larger version  Name:	frog necklace.jpg Views:	0 Size:	343.2 KB ID:	127226
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by wwwamericana; 11-08-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

If I were the lucky one to find her, I would report to Forrest and leave it up to him if he wants the location disclosed. Other than that, my lips are sealed. Maybe leave something so that any other intrepid searchers who deciphered the clues correctly would know that was the correct location. People tend to love natural areas of interest to death and leave a mess in their wake.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post
                      I don't understand why anyone would want to keep the treasure location a secret after the treasure was retrieved . why ? So others can't go there ? There is hundreds of thousands of people that want to go. Forrests legacy and searchers place of pilgrimage.
                      This has been discussed multiple times before. Forrest's request is the location to stay a secret. Please honor his request if you are the finder. There is no human trail in close proximity of the location.
                      So, if you were to reveal said location what would that do to the prestine environment the treasure lays in, with thousands of people trampling around.
                      Last edited by Countryboy; 11-08-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzbait View Post
                        If I were the lucky one to find her, I would report to Forrest and leave it up to him if he wants the location disclosed. Other than that, my lips are sealed. Maybe leave something so that any other intrepid searchers who deciphered the clues correctly would know that was the correct location. People tend to love natural areas of interest to death and leave a mess in their wake.
                        I tend to agree with you Grizz. Like preserve the sacred spot for posterity?

Comment

Exactly, wwwamericana

Comment

Well, whether you like it or not, you will have to make up a location if you won't reveal the real location. I know because I've dealt with both the CA Franchise Board and the Colorado Dept. of Revenue and a few other states as well. In every case I was sent a tax bill and had to prove my sales or residence to avoid payment. Colorado once sent me a large tax bill (based on my federal return) and I hadn't lived in the state for 3 years and had even told them that the previous year. But regardless of the truth, it was on me to prove it and I had to send in the paper work to avoid the hassle of penalities, wages garnished etc..... If you won't reveal the spot, then expect a tax bill from Montana, Colorado, and New Mexico (Not Wyoming since they have no state tax). All states have an automated system to review federal tax returns and will issue tax bills based on those returns if you fail to file. And unless you enjoy spending money on attorneys, it will be easier to lie about it than fight each one in court to avoid penalties and a tax judgment against you. Whatever you do, don't ignore any incorrect state tax bill because once a tax judgment is issued against you, it will be like pulling teeth to get it rectified and cleared off the books. (and very expensive!).
                            If you don't want to pay the state tax, then just say it was found on BLM land in Wyoming. If you didn't dig it up and it was on BLM land, then it's yours free and clear with no state tax bill. Or you can do it the hard way and say nothing and hope those states don't hear about the chest. But if ten years later you blab via a book or interview, your state tax fraud bill will be for more than the chest was worth to begin with.
                            An example that just happened. CA just sent out massive tax bills to all Amazon sellers for the 2013-2018 state sales tax and the bills had nothing to do with actual sales and the business wasn't even required to charge sales tax for those years. CA just made up the amounts and sent them out. Unless you want a tax judgment against you, you have to prove they are wrong and that means they get to see everything (that could mean emails and travel receipts for us searchers). Can you defend yourself against a state that says you found it there? Maybe you never went to Wyoming and the other state can prove that fact. You better have your ducks all lined up before you announce it. If you claim Wyoming, you better visit the spot at least once to allow for plausible proof. Make sure to buy some gas nearby the fake location so there is a credit card receipt to prove it.
                            As for me, If I find it, I'm asking Forrest what he thinks. If he says no, then I'm off to Wyoming for a week to find the chest, Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy View Post
                              Well, whether you like it or not, you will have to make up a location if you won't reveal the real location. I know because I've dealt with both the CA Franchise Board and the Colorado Dept. of Revenue and a few other states as well. In every case I was sent a tax bill and had to prove my sales or residence to avoid payment. Colorado once sent me a large tax bill (based on my federal return) and I hadn't lived in the state for 3 years and had even told them that the previous year. But regardless of the truth, it was on me to prove it and I had to send in the paper work to avoid the hassle of penalities, wages garnished etc..... If you won't reveal the spot, then expect a tax bill from Montana, Colorado, and New Mexico (Not Wyoming since they have no state tax). All states have an automated system to review federal tax returns and will issue tax bills based on those returns if you fail to file. And unless you enjoy spending money on attorneys, it will be easier to lie about it than fight each one in court to avoid penalties and a tax judgment against you. Whatever you do, don't ignore any incorrect state tax bill because once a tax judgment is issued against you, it will be like pulling teeth to get it rectified and cleared off the books. (and very expensive!).
                              If you don't want to pay the state tax, then just say it was found on BLM land in Wyoming. If you didn't dig it up and it was on BLM land, then it's yours free and clear with no state tax bill. Or you can do it the hard way and say nothing and hope those states don't hear about the chest. But if ten years later you blab via a book or interview, your state tax fraud bill will be for more than the chest was worth to begin with.
                              An example that just happened. CA just sent out massive tax bills to all Amazon sellers for the 2013-2018 state sales tax and the bills had nothing to do with actual sales and the business wasn't even required to charge sales tax for those years. CA just made up the amounts and sent them out. Unless you want a tax judgment against you, you have to prove they are wrong and that means they get to see everything (that could mean emails and travel receipts for us searchers). Can you defend yourself against a state that says you found it there? Maybe you never went to Wyoming and the other state can prove that fact. You better have your ducks all lined up before you announce it. If you claim Wyoming, you better visit the spot at least once to allow for plausible proof. Make sure to buy some gas nearby the fake location so there is a credit card receipt to prove it.
                              As for me, If I find it, I'm asking Forrest what he thinks. If he says no, then I'm off to Wyoming for a week to find the chest, Lol.
                              Luckly as a tack sharper hunter jus pointed out, OUAW cover confirms TC is in WY, aka WYOMING. Bet it Buureau Mgt Land to!

Comment

Working...
                              X