Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haley B View Post

Tinka-belle.
    Belle is unusual spelling for bell, can anyone explain that one? And what is a Tinka?
    Tinka is how some people pronounce tinker.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/tinker

Comment

Seems like this may not be the last scrapbook . . .

Forrest Fenn on November 7, 2019 at 3:36 pm said:Now you wait just a minute Dal. If you are insinuating that I’ve written my last Scrapbook then you’re dancing around the periphery of what might have been, but ain’t. It’s true that I’ve mostly run out of things to think about, but I could still tell the story of Rhondo, and the one about my magic medicinal mojo necklace. Maybe I’ll get around to those.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
        Seems like this may not be the last scrapbook . . .

Forrest Fenn on November 7, 2019 at 3:36 pm said:Now you wait just a minute Dal. If you are insinuating that I’ve written my last Scrapbook then you’re dancing around the periphery of what might have been, but ain’t. It’s true that I’ve mostly run out of things to think about, but I could still tell the story of Rhondo, and the one about my magic medicinal mojo necklace. Maybe I’ll get around to those.
        " mostly run out of things to think about "
        sounds to me he is sure he will get his 90th birthday wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post

I like that, you’re probably right.
          So, if "Tinka" ss Lithuanian for "That's right", then "That's right Belle"
          Who the Hell is Belle?

Comment

Originally posted by Anon Anon View Post
            Anyone have an idea what the 2 birthday parties mean?
            2 8s
            "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

If the incident is as described, I believe he painted the red eye and busted lip after he threw the painting but before stashing it away- a sign of remorse in obligation to paint things as they are. He wanted to document his own loss. Misophonia is a real thing. Everyone is repulsed by some sound- for many nails on a chalkboard (doesn’t bother me) or the high whine of a dentist drill (makes my skin crawl and I don’t have a problem with dentists- just the drill sound.) I have a young relative that was diagnosed with it around age 6-7. For her the whole world is an attack on her ears- heavy headphones playing music or white noise didn’t really help. Constant meltdowns at school that not many understand. They just see the wanna stab something rage and think it’s un-called for. In a school setting it was a serious learning hindrance and she even had to be home schooled for a bit. Now a young teen she has it more under control, but still I see her tense up and use all of her CBT skills when a person 40 feet away blows their nose or taps their pen or whatever. Imagine the immense rage and horror you would feel watching a group of kids light a homeless man and his dog on fire. Now...imagine your brain had that same level of cortisol and adrenaline and reaction to EVERY sound you hear. Now go outside and listen to all the sounds. It’s like referred pain- sometimes the brain’s wires just get crossed in unfortunate outcomes. I really respect the work she’s put into overcoming it though.

To frame that painting would be an insult. (imo) Also- he must have a better photo if it was a full page color image on page 5.

#MisophoniaAwareness
              Last edited by Rose Livingstone; 11-07-2019, 08:30 PM.

Comment

He spells the name three ways...Fechin, Feshin and Fetchin in the caption of the self portrait.

Comment

fetchin vs fishen.. no place for the meek, The put in as in put in to shore from there its no place for your Meek reel and no longer about fishin but fetching the treasure..

Comment

Originally posted by Haley B View Post

So, if "Tinka" ss Lithuanian for "That's right", then "That's right Belle"
                    Who the Hell is Belle?
                    Maybe, Belle Star Over at Dals

Comment

Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post

Maybe, Belle Star Over at Dals
                      Star?! Makes sense

Comment

I know exactly what's encoded in the scrapbooks. I hope you believe me. But as ol punk rockers go, it doesn't matter if ya do believe me.
                        Questing song:
                        THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                          If the incident is as described, I believe he painted the red eye and busted lip after he threw the painting but before stashing it away- a sign of remorse in obligation to paint things as they are. He wanted to document his own loss. Misophonia is a real thing. Everyone is repulsed by some sound- for many nails on a chalkboard (doesn’t bother me) or the high whine of a dentist drill (makes my skin crawl and I don’t have a problem with dentists- just the drill sound.) I have a young relative that was diagnosed with it around age 6-7. For her the whole world is an attack on her ears- heavy headphones playing music or white noise didn’t really help. Constant meltdowns at school that not many understand. They just see the wanna stab something rage and think it’s un-called for. In a school setting it was a serious learning hindrance and she even had to be home schooled for a bit. Now a young teen she has it more under control, but still I see her tense up and use all of her CBT skills when a person 40 feet away blows their nose or taps their pen or whatever. Imagine the immense rage and horror you would feel watching a group of kids light a homeless man and his dog on fire. Now...imagine your brain had that same level of cortisol and adrenaline and reaction to EVERY sound you hear. Now go outside and listen to all the sounds. It’s like referred pain- sometimes the brain’s wires just get crossed in unfortunate outcomes. I really respect the work she’s put into overcoming it though.

To frame that painting would be an insult. (imo) Also- he must have a better photo if it was a full page color image on page 5.

#MisophoniaAwareness
                          I hate that high pitched drill sound too, they knock me out before I let them do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post

I hate that high pitched drill sound too, they knock me out before I let them do anything.
                            Ouch, that reminds me of my last cavity I had filled. It was way in the back and on top, hard for the dentist to get to!
                            "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post

What’s interesting to me is I don’t have that reaction to dremel tools or drilling holes in wood or metal or metal grinders or even from a bone saw or any other similar sound. I don’t know why it’s different- best hypothesis is a specific frequency range. Logically it doesn’t bother me; I’ve never had a (bad) adversarial dental experience. It’s more visceral- made my eyes water a few times because it was so unpleasant. This tells me my reaction comes from a more emotional brain plane and not a physical brain pain, because it’s common for watering the one and mostly unheard of in the latter.
                              If one person is a nails on chalkboard person and another a dental drill person- would we need different ranges to be affected by sonic ‘crowd dispersal’ methods? Theoretically if one knew their affected sonic frequency they would be able to modulate a cancellation. (...don’t listen to me- I know nothing of acoustic theory or military pukey machines...)
                              Brains are weird. Fascinating but weird.
                              Last edited by Rose Livingstone; 11-08-2019, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

What’s interesting to me is I don’t have that reaction to dremel tools or drilling holes in wood or metal or metal grinders or even from a bone saw or any other similar sound. I don’t know why it’s different- best hypothesis is a specific frequency range. Logically it doesn’t bother me; I’ve never had a (bad) adversarial dental experience. It’s more visceral- made my eyes water a few times because it was so unpleasant. This tells me my reaction comes from a more emotional brain plane and not a physical brain pain, because it’s common for watering the one and mostly unheard of in the latter.
                                If one person is a nails on chalkboard person and another a dental drill person- would we need different ranges to be affected by sonic ‘crowd dispersal’ methods? Theoretically if one knew their affected sonic frequency they would be able to modulate a cancellation. (...don’t listen to me- I know nothing of acoustic theory or military pukey machines...)
                                Brains are weird. Fascinating but weird.
                                All I know about "sonic" is that I like their Green Tea and their Chili Cheese Dogs!

Comment

Working...
                                X