Art for a good cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art for a good cause

Happy Monday the 4th searcher friends! Please feel free to check out that is being auctioned on eBay. 100% will be donated for cancer charity.

#5ForTheFight

The worst day for a patient and their family isn't the day they are diagnosed with cancer. It is the day when they are told there is nothing left to try; that the treatments available won’t work. This is why we believe cancer research is so incredibly important - To take away that day.

At Qualtrics EMEA we’re not wishing for a cancer free future, we’re planning to invent one. With our cancer research partner Breakthrough Cancer Research we aim to fund a three year research programme harnessing the immune system to eradicate cancer - no matter where it is located in the body. We are particularly focused on those cancers which have not seen any improvement in survival for over 20 years.

We are on a mission to find a cure for the most difficult to treat cancers and we are asking you to join us.

I consider all of us searchers one big crazy family. My hopes are that the treasure will be found soon, but it might be another thousand years. I once loved drawing, painting, the arts. but college, careers, and growing up buried the imagination lied way beneath.

i like and bid $25,we'll i run it upa bit.
    Last edited by khan; 11-05-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I was gonna bid but it’s already out of my price range. Don’t get paid til Friday. Just my luck

Comment

I edited the listing because I made an error with my wording from yesterday but ebay has rules in place so there isn’t a delete button. I even tried calling.. Have a great day and thanks everyone.
        Last edited by laddyaddy19; 11-06-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I thought your ebay post looked great and I love the color palette you're working from; reminded me of some of de Kooning's work. This one sold for a cool 35M.
          Just blur your lines a little and flip the thing on its side and you're basically there

Click image for larger version  Name:	de kooning.jpg Views:	1 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	126495

Comment

Originally posted by Art Haddock View Post
            I thought your ebay post looked great and I love the color palette you're working from; reminded me of some of de Kooning's work. This one sold for a cool 35M.
            Just blur your lines a little and flip the thing on its side and you're basically there

Click image for larger version Name:	de kooning.jpg Views:	1 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	126495
            Holy cow! I’m clearly into the wrong type of art. Abstract expressionism-I think I could do that but charge much much less and be satisfied. Seriously though, even $30 for my art brings tears to my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by laddyaddy19 View Post

Holy cow! I’m clearly into the wrong type of art. Abstract expressionism-I think I could do that but charge much much less and be satisfied. Seriously though, even $30 for my art brings tears to my eyes.
              I bet every artist who ever lived felt the exact same way at some point. And I'm pretty sure Holy Cow is a Chagall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-06-15-58-21.png
Views:	165
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	126648

Comment

Originally posted by laddyaddy19 View Post

127.50 your on your way. If f promoted it, it's easily $500, if he hung it on a wall $1k, it's a fickle business, who decides, f sells to a billionaire 500k it's instantly worth a mil to a billy. The rules we live under are such a joke. The richies have so much money, we have no basis for their reality. It's an abomination.

Comment

Originally posted by khan View Post

127.50 your on your way. If f promoted it, it's easily $500, if he hung it on a wall $1k, it's a fickle business, who decides, f sells to a billionaire 500k it's instantly worth a mil to a billy. The rules we live under are such a joke. The richies have so much money, we have no basis for their reality. It's an abomination.
                  Maybe it’s a good thing I am somewhat oblivious to how the art business works. I learned a few things on the antique roadshow this morning.. maybe someday I’ll tell the story behind the painting because it took a lot of imagination to create it. About 1.5 years of thinking.. I won’t quit my day job. Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X