Marble gaze vs. Marvel gaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marble gaze vs. Marvel gaze

The last time Forrest read the poem in the voice of america interview he said the words, " marble gaze" instead of, "marvel gaze." I don't believe it was a slip up due to him reciting the poem from his book. He reads the poem at the very end of segment 4 in the interview. I feel like it has been overlooked. I also feel like it has a deeper meaning and not a rabbit hole. Any thoughts on this? The interview is here:
      SUBMITTED OCTOBER 2, 2019 by DAL   In September I visited with Forrest while a Voice of America film crew recorded an interview about the treasure

It definitely sounds like marble gaze but I don't think it was intentional. Personally I think when he says "if you're at the last clue look down because that's where the treasure is" that means the clues are done. So the line tarry scant with marvel gaze, imo, is not a clue. Pretty much everything between begin and cease are the clues.

In past readings of the poem he forgot the last stanza and had to read it from a paper. I think all this points more to it not being an important piece of the poem. He knows exactly which lines are clues and if he is messing up other lines, I think it's because they are not clues.

Comment

Thank you for your input. I disagree with you though, I think every line in the poem is a clue to some degree. I am looking forward to the next interview Forrest does and if he reads the poem. I think, "marvel" could be the word that is key! Marbles are important to Forrest since he is the, "marble champion"

Comment

marble glaze, more like it. But I might have to read this thing. What i hurd.
        "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

When you play a game of marbles you line the ducks(smaller marbles) in an X pattern. Could that be the X marks the spot? Doubt it but thought it was funny

Comment

A) We know where Forrest's mind REALLY is when he's reading that poem for the umpteenth time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	drip-wl.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	126182

B) When I stand at the Blaze in my solve, which is by no means easily accessible, and look Quickly Down, my chosen pinpointed hotspot for TC is 100% inaccessible from my Present location, so I have to then backtrack from my Marvel Gaze spot and re-approach from the N. side, which is the one and only put-in, because the only other possible route is blocked off by a giant boulder and otherwise so steep I feel like it might send me down the Hershey Highway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel Stone View Post
              Thank you for your input. I disagree with you though, I think every line in the poem is a clue to some degree. I am looking forward to the next interview Forrest does and if he reads the poem. I think, "marvel" could be the word that is key! Marbles are important to Forrest since he is the, "marble champion"
              Maybe he left some of his marbles in TC and is eager to get them back so he can recite his poem correctly again. Can tiny turquoise beads be considered marbles?

Comment

Maybe he did leave his treasured marble in the chest. I didnt think about that. Isn't there something he doesn't tell us he left for the finder?

Comment

I found out the circle you play marbles in was called the, "bunny hole" kinda like rabbit hole, so funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel Stone View Post
                    Maybe he did leave his treasured marble in the chest. I didnt think about that. Isn't there something he doesn't tell us he left for the finder?
                    How Stella Got Her Groove Back can't hold a candle to How Forrest Got His Marbles Back, starring Nicolas Cage of course.

Comment

Dal also wrote a story about finding marbles in the Madison River. I wonder if Forrest has any input on what Dal writes about? Down the rabbit hole I go...

Comment

Originally posted by Art Haddock View Post
                        A) We know where Forrest's mind REALLY is when he's reading that poem for the umpteenth time:

B) When I stand at the Blaze in my solve, which is by no means easily accessible, and look Quickly Down, my chosen pinpointed hotspot for TC is 100% inaccessible from my Present location, so I have to then backtrack from my Marvel Gaze spot and re-approach from the N. side, which is the one and only put-in, because the only other possible route is blocked off by a giant boulder and otherwise so steep I feel like it might send me down the Hershey Highway.
                        OMG you are going to need some gloves and a lot of napkins to take care of that messy chocolate!

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

OMG you are going to need some gloves and a lot of napkins to take care of that messy chocolate!

Dribble Entendre noted. And it wouldn't be the first time I got my hands dirty at the Blaze. GLOVES have become THE most important treasure hunter tool ever ...

I just can't figure out the sandwich part. Like why a SANDWICH?!!

SMH
                          Last edited by Art Haddock; 11-04-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Watch it.
                            "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Dribble Entendre noted. And it wouldn't be the first time I got my hands dirty at the Blaze. GLOVES have become THE most important treasure hunter tool ever ...

I just can't figure out the sandwich part. Like why a SANDWICH?!!

SMH
                              well whoop my butt - I's thinkin the lite may have just come on......

Comment

Working...
                              X