Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Featured Question with Jenny - What's up with all the Scrapbooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure which one of these we should post on so I’ll post on both.
    The best thing about finding out that Forrest pre wrote most all the scrapbooks is that it means he is at Peggys side holding her hand, that’s awesome. He was serious about no emails. Thanks Forrest for thinking about us searchers and pre writing your stories to keep us on our toes. I hope both Peggy and you are doing well.
    Take care

Also; Thanks Dal for all the leg work and your time with all you do for the Chase!
    Last edited by 1Trailblazer2019; 11-01-2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Hate the be the bearer of bad new, but it seems to me that it's almost over. I know that's not what people want to hear and it's not the "popular opinion", but seems to be the truth I'm afraid. Would you rather have someone tell you the Truth or just tell you what you want to hear and what makes you feel good? Nowadays it's mostly the ladder, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoof Hearted View Post
        Hate the be the bearer of bad new, but it seems to me that it's almost over. I know that's not what people want to hear and it's not the "popular opinion", but seems to be the truth I'm afraid. Would you rather have someone tell you the Truth or just tell you what you want to hear and what makes you feel good? Nowadays it's mostly the ladder, unfortunately.
        I'm curious how you arrive at that. Not that I disagree.
        Questing song:
        THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post

I'm curious how you arrive at that. Not that I disagree.
          Just my gut feeling from reading the writing on the wall.

Comment

Just my gut feeling from reading the writing on the wall.
            I also gather that from Forrest's releasing what looks like 4th book material fast. And a few other coincidences. This is going to be hard for a lot of people. People have grown roots out west, and should have a nice 10% left there or re-hidden.
            Questing song:

Comment

Originally posted by Dryw2015 View Post
              If Dal is still a searcher I think it would be unfair to give him scrapbooks in advance IF they had clues/hints. So a scrapbook sent that day and uploaded could be full of hints. Only problem is the only one who would know for sure when it was written is Dal and F.
              Hints probably won't help Dal. He is a wanderer so to speak. One thing people should understand is that Forrests hints are for people not in the right search area. Accurate for the right area in context yet not helpful in the searchers current area. That makes the hints fair. The one in the correct area needs no hints.

Comment

I also gather that from Forrest's releasing what looks like 4th book material fast. And a few other coincidences. This is going to be hard for a lot of people. People have grown roots out west, and should have a nice 10% left there or re-hidden.
                Well, I'm sure not the lead searcher, but have compiled a list of who I think is and believe that one of my top 3 pics have been steadily making progress towards the finish line since the gut feeling comment in Feb 2018. I think they might even complete the quest in the next year or so, it seems, gauging on the material being released publicly by FF.

Comment

I am quite sure we get to know if the box is where it should be within a year.
                  Do you think it now becomes a footrace for 3 people within the coming year? Is it because of the scrapbooks? A few thinkers around here think it highly unlikely any two could be neck and neck.
                  Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 11-02-2019, 12:21 AM.
                  Questing song:

Comment

My guess is that FF made this so incredibly and outrageously ambiguous and difficult, there's probably only 1 lucky bastard that would come along every 100 years or so to be dumb lucky enough to figure it out.

Comment

Let me put it this way: if it turns out to me, I'd call my solve a fluke, where the epiphany came from thinking how one would write a riddle. Lucky bastard would be fitting.
                      Questing song:

Comment

Let me put it this way: if it turns out to me, I'd call my solve a fluke, where the epiphany came from thinking how one would write a riddle. Lucky bastard would be fitting.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	columbo_one-mo-thang.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	125660

Comment

My guess is that FF made this so incredibly and outrageously ambiguous and difficult, there's probably only 1 lucky bastard that would come along every 100 years or so to be dumb lucky enough to figure it out.
                          The sun shines on every dog's ass once in a while.

Comment

I remain 100 percent convinced that none of this will be luck- especially if the chest is buried. That’s true even if it is barely under the surface. If you’ve ever metal detected an area with any history of human activity, it’s clear how slow and tedious it can be. I think the chase is like surgery. The poem and TTOTC are the scans and x-rays. Scrapbooks are the cameras used during the procedure- that’s when they find out what’s really there.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                              I remain 100 percent convinced that none of this will be luck- especially if the chest is buried. That’s true even if it is barely under the surface. If you’ve ever metal detected an area with any history of human activity, it’s clear how slow and tedious it can be. I think the chase is like surgery. The poem and TTOTC are the scans and x-rays. Scrapbooks are the cameras used during the procedure- that’s when they find out what’s really there.
                              What about all the really smart people who ever lived before us? What chance do they have? Zero. Tough luck.

We live in the developed world where we can devote a big part of our time in the pursuit of gold hidden by some possibly crazy man in the mountains. We don't have to dodge bombs or watch as our children slowly die of starvation, and instead we can turn our intentions to this folly. Generally we either live on the same continent as the treasure or we have the means to be able to travel across the world to get there occasionally. To what do we owe this fortuitous state of affairs? Stupid, blind luck.

Luck will play a big part in finding the TC, being able to search for it in the first place. The question is: what kind of person do we need to be to take advantage of luck when it appears? And what then do we do about all those who were not as fortunate, whether by choice or chance? Forrest answered those questions with The Chase. What will we do?
                              "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

I think you’re defining luck in different terms than I am. Everyone looking for this thing is privileged. But, in terms of being “lucky” to find it-I couldn’t agree more with FF saying no one will happen upon the chest. They absolutely won’t. I’m certain it’s in a (relatively) nondescript location, from the perspective of the general public. The area might be well known, but the spot itself won’t be, and it won’t stand out unless you see that FF has made it stand out.

Comment

Working...
                                X