Warm Waters / Old Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm Waters / Old Map

I basically gave up on this a year ago, but i did find this very old map of the early westward expansion. Figured id share since every stone unturned gave zero confirmation on getting anywhere closer to solving the chase.

If only them old mountain men had GPS’s.
    They did pretty good on plain ole dead reckoning.

Comment

Its looking like that became Island Park reservoir? which would make sense as to it's not being on maps any more..

Comment

Yup you are right

Comment

I looked around Targhee NF once. Worst mosquitoes ever. There were at least 50,000 stuck to the van around the windows.
          I had to light these rather explosive pine branches to clear them before opening the door.
          Questing song:
          THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

Comment

I love sitting in a screen tent with a million mosquitos sitting on the netting. You can really piss them off by putting your arm 1/4 inch away from the netting. You know what they say; “ paybacks a bitch”
            Last edited by 1Trailblazer2019; 10-31-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Hate to spoil it but warm waters halting also has to do with the Madison river River and the Home of Brown and poem can be translated into a map of a very small area vs his mileage and north south,reason his mileage so vast is so u don't find the small mapped area,but trust me I can line up the poem with features on bing maps,if you know where to start and I do,my translation of the poem to map led me to an area I knew nothing about and after doing research I found out everything that validated I was right,search area where my map ended has been visited by Forrest and only thru private messages might I explain lol but I'd give some info on a start and the canyon below isn't far or hard to find if u use ur brain.

Comment

I don’t private message, it’s to private.
                I feel like I’m talking behind everyone’s back.
                whisper, whisper, shhh, shhhh.

Comment

after looking at that again its looking more like the west fork of the Madison.... just like the scrapbook or am i wrong?

Comment

Working...
                  X