X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other treasure location restrictions:
    1. Not on top of a mountain
    2. Between 5000 and 10,200 feet elevation
    3. Mountains, trees and animals visible at the treasure location (that's just about everywhere in the Rockies)
    4. Treasure chest is wet, regardless of whether it has rained recently
    5. Treasure chest is not submerged underwater
    6. You can smell pine needles and sagebrush at the treasure location
    7. It takes no more than "several hours" to make two round trips from where you park to the treasure's location
    8. The route from car to treasure is the same (in reverse) that you take from treasure to car
    9. A 3-year-old girl cannot walk up to the treasure without assistance
    10. The treasure is not in a cave, mine or tunnel
    11. The treasure is not associated with any man-made structure, nor under a man-made object
    12. Getting to the treasure does not involve climbing up or down a steep precipice

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
      In a word, yes.

A triplet of ducks is an excellent start, especially if you use Angelo, Barney, and Tail End Charlie.
      You catch on pretty well. I was kinda teasing about them. But I don't associate them with a start. Their relation in my solve is about mid-solve.
      Last edited by Old Pilot; 11-17-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Sunburnt1
        It’s interesting that you called the cross dynamic visually. I also saw some movement; it’s an understated honest peace, not gaudy in opulence.
        However, I am entirely unconvinced that the tc isn’t in a dessert. A yummy, yummy dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
          Sunburnt1
          It’s interesting that you called the cross dynamic visually. I also saw some movement; it’s an understated honest peace, not gaudy in opulence.
          However, I am entirely unconvinced that the tc isn’t in a dessert. A yummy, yummy dessert.
          Could the yummy dessert you are referencing be....
          I-Scream cuz that's what I feel like right now.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

My chosen Chase ‘sandwich’ is light-weight vacuum-packed freeze dried Neapolitan. (So animals can’t smell it- it’s not like I’m bringing enough for all of them.) They’re nutritiously worthless but delicious- like Lucky Charm marshmallows. Ooooo- I bet they’d make awesome s’mores, ...will let you know the test results next BOTG.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
              Other treasure location restrictions:
              1. Not on top of a mountain
              2. Between 5000 and 10,200 feet elevation
              3. Mountains, trees and animals visible at the treasure location (that's just about everywhere in the Rockies)
              4. Treasure chest is wet, regardless of whether it has rained recently
              5. Treasure chest is not submerged underwater
              6. You can smell pine needles and sagebrush at the treasure location
              7. It takes no more than "several hours" to make two round trips from where you park to the treasure's location
              8. The route from car to treasure is the same (in reverse) that you take from treasure to car
              9. A 3-year-old girl cannot walk up to the treasure without assistance
              10. The treasure is not in a cave, mine or tunnel
              11. The treasure is not associated with any man-made structure, nor under a man-made object
              12. Getting to the treasure does not involve climbing up or down a steep precipice
              Nice list, Zap. I assume that is a redacted version, last time I counted my 'restrictions it was up to some 30+ items. Here is an important one I'm sure you have on your main list; considering the state you are searching in:

**It is not located anywhere that it can be impacted by mudslides, forest fires, earthquakes or floods!**

Per Fenn - -
              "The immediate landscape will probably remain about the same for as long as time has to go."

adverb: probably - almost certainly, as far as one knows or can tell

(Although he has said it before; I used his latest comment on this, dated Feb. 4, this year)

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post

Nice list, Zap. I assume that is a redacted version, last time I counted my 'restrictions it was up to some 30+ items. Here is an important one I'm sure you have on your main list; considering the state you are searching in:

**It is not located anywhere that it can be impacted by mudslides, forest fires, earthquakes or floods!**

Per Fenn - -
                "The immediate landscape will probably remain about the same for as long as time has to go."

(Although he has said it before; I used his latest comment on this, dated Feb. 4, this year)

You've literally disqualified everywhere in the search area. Saying that the immediate landscape will remain the same does not mean "it is not located anywhere that it can be impacted by mudslides, forest fires, earthquakes or floods".

Comment

Originally posted by Dryw2015 View Post

You've literally disqualified everywhere in the search area. Saying that the immediate landscape will remain the same does not mean "it is not located anywhere that it can be impacted by mudslides, forest fires, earthquakes or floods".
                  I've disqualified nothing. Anyone is quite free to search whatever their little heart desires even if it has no chance of producing the chest.

And, I didn't say it....Fenn did, approximately seven years ago, in answer to a direct question.

Q: How do you know that the treasure is going to be safe and secure when it’s hidden for the next 1000 years. And somebody might not build a bridge and, uh, dig or some natural event might occur that would expose it?
                  A: “That’s always possible. Forest fires, earthquakes, mudslides, floods….uh, what you see is what you get. We have no control over that. But, ahh, I think the aura of it will always be there..… It, it’s not likely, but it certainly could happen.”

Fenn has repeatedly addressed the vagaries of Mother Nature and that, with Her, anything is 'possible', anywhere. But, in the two examples I have provided, he strongly indicates in his opinion that the likelihood of such phenomena affecting the chest's resting place is slim to none! (and no one knows the location and probabilities of external forces as well as Fenn?)
                  Definition of not likely : probably not

have a great day, Dryw

Comment

A: “That’s always possible. Forest fires, earthquakes, mudslides, floods….uh, what you see is what you get. We have no control over that. But, ahh, I think the aura of it will always be there..… It, it’s not likely, but it certainly could happen.

He's saying all those things could affect it. Not likely but certainly could happen.

I'm saying we don't add that to a list of areas that are disqualified like what zap posted above because Fenn said those could affect the search area but not likely.

Comment

Hmm. Nice ideas dryw. That cross he drew reminds me of that symbol for marriage. The cross and rings.

Comment

https://dalneitzel.com/2019/11/24/sc...red-forty-one/

The scrapbook has nothing to do with crosses yet he decided to show them anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                          Sunburnt1
                          Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

Good one.

Comment

Rocks. Not the cross.

Comment

Working...
                              X