Forrest being clever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest being clever?

I would like to invite thoughts on Forrest being clever with his words and if you have an example or two you want to share (please don’t post you have them but don’t want to post, we get it). I want to see if anybody would share theirs, something clever in the wording that makes you understand what he is saying that others might have missed. Here are my two:

1. It might not be found for 1000 years. 1000 years is defined as a calendar Holocene. A geological Holocene has a meaning as well, there is only one in the yellowstone area - tuff cliff (that was my blaze - a white exposed rock on a past solve). (Credit Yoda).

2. Stay home and play Canasta. Chan Canasta is a magician and later an artist. He has a couple key tricks, one with a book (ref to TTOTC?) and hidden items (how the TC is hidden?). This one came up yet again on You Tube comments today, so probably known by many as several has passed this onto me, but I find that one fascinating.

K

“Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

(paraphrase) Frosty was sounding like a garbage truck backing up and his voice raised a couple octaves, making me question his polarity. This is a clever analogy for how a metal detector works. Someone here came up with that.
    Last edited by CRM114; 10-29-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

My solve has a Pinyon Pine Tree and I always assumed the 100/1000 year statement was in reference to the pinyon pine tree.

As elevation and moisture increase Pinyon trees grow larger and closer together. Pinyon is slow-growing: a tree may reach 100 years before producing cones. They commonly live 350 or 450 years; some trees achieve a thousand years. When young they gain trunk diameter at a rate of about an inch per decade.

Comment

Thinking inside the box is #1 for me. He also showed such a clever picture once, that it actually made me worry.
        Then again, I showed a picture that may have made him worry. It was of a box shape somewhere.
        Questing song:
        THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

Comment

This one is a little out there but I've always thought it was interesting that in the early days, Forrest kept repeating the same line regarding the Rosetta Stone. "The guy that carved it must be really proud". That very same sentence in numerous interviews and once in TTOTC.

Is it possible the Rosetta's 3 different carved languages is a hint toward the poem essentially having 3 passes or "layers" ?
          ​​​​​
          1. The poem at face value
          2. The decrypted result
          3. BOTG journey or "symbols" along the way

Mr. Octopus

Comment

It's not talked about a lot but I believe one of the cleverest words he has used is found in the title of his book.
            "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
              It's not talked about a lot but I believe one of the cleverest words he has used is found in the title of his book.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TTOTC_OtH.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	125781

Peace,

Orion, the Hunter
              Last edited by ORION; 11-02-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Octopus Dicks View Post
                This one is a little out there but I've always thought it was interesting that in the early days, Forrest kept repeating the same line regarding the Rosetta Stone. "The guy that carved it must be really proud". That very same sentence in numerous interviews and once in TTOTC.

Is it possible the Rosetta's 3 different carved languages is a hint toward the poem essentially having 3 passes or "layers" ?
                ​​​​​
                2. The decrypted result

Mr. Octopus
                poem, Map in poem, Runes in poem... all in plain sight so no encryption.

Comment

Originally posted by Octopus Dicks View Post

​​​​​
                  2. The decrypted result

Mr. Octopus
                  So about your name.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
                    A word by itself is not clever. Usage may be. What book are you talking about. The answer I (think I) already know, and I agree with you that it's not talked about a lot (so far, anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

A word by itself is not clever. Usage may be. What book are you talking about. The answer I (think I) already know, and I agree with you that it's not talked about a lot (so far, anyway).
                      I hope it’s not ‘Once’.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

I hope it’s not ‘Once’.
                        It could be 'A While!'
                        https://youtu.be/nv33eaygVDQ​​​​​​ https://youtu.be/jDK7sRLn-3E

Comment

Forrest use of the TS Elliot quote is what helped me in my search area.

T. S. Eliot Quotes. We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

Comment

OUTLAW perhaps
                            Questing song:
                            THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

Comment

Here is a good one. Someone was 200' from treasure and may of had a woman with them. They weren't, their picture was.

Comment

Working...
                              X