An Bout Mistakes ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

I‘ll follow! This reminds me of those old Corsian guys in an Asterix Comic or... more common in the States I guess... Waldorf and Statler...

Sorry guys, with all due respect, especially for Roll Tide and his fantastic thread, but only guys with a stuffily writing style.... no!

Please leave fresh guys like A Leach alone!
    Fresh Guys ? What makes you so sure that he is a fresh guy ? I'm inclined to disagree with that. The guy has proven he can articulate very well, when he's not bent on trying to come across as some . . . whatever the hell it is he's trying to mimic.

It looks ridiculous, for someone who appears to be educated, to try really hard to come across as illiterate.
    I know a lot of rednecks, and I know a lot of down-home hillbillies, and none of them talk like this. I would get my butt kicked if I went around any of them trying to fit in with this total BS.
    I don't need entertainment bad enough to try to wade through it.

He may even have some impressive ideas but, I'll never know if he does or not, as long as he's doing whatever it is he's doing.
    I'm not impressed with it at all.

And like I said, if this is the new norm around here, then I'm in the wrong place.
    If I want to read total crap, there's another site that serves it up daily.

I'm here to be a part of looking for Fenn's treasure. I'm not here to watch some guy do a very poor rendition of 'country' .

You actually think it's funny ?

Comment

Actually it‘s tough to read and I‘m not sure if it‘s necessary, but I am more than sure it‘s not necessary to confront him and construct a me-or-him-pressure-up-situation... I realized you are not too content with the developments over here, but I think a) we can all live with that and b) I think THOR is actually quite smart... without knowing which forum you‘ve been writing about...

Comment

Originally posted by A Leach View Post
        I've made a few ... maybe more n' a few, an I no y'all have to.

This here's the place to mention yer mistakes or missteps,
        cause sometimes its good if we all humble ourselfs a bit.

Fur bout the first 9 months uh searchin for Finn's gold,
        I thought I was so CLOSE I could smell it.

My friens was laffin at me, but that's okay.
        I thought theys just jealous.

Well, turns out I had figured the "Rocky" mountains
        was jus a descriptive title. An the mountains up the
        EAST COAST sure is "Rocky." AN they is NORTH of
        Santa Fe, per Finn's given 0 degrees to 180 degrees line descripter.

Well, then I fount out "Rocky" werent no Adjective
        but a PROPER NOUN.

Well that right thur shot my Dover, ME spot right in the foot.

Not the kinda X I was lookin to chalk on a map,
        but ya live an ya learn.

I can say won thing. I won't never forget the meanin of uh PROPER Noun.
        Sometimes a Capital first letter makes all the difference.

I no it aint jus me made a mistake er three.

C'mon y'all, who else got em?
        N about mistakes... you misspelled it. its not an its N "n about mistakes" im a hick, I know these things....

Comment

Aaahaha really? That hurts.... I feel yer love fur them moontens (poor try to copy this thread‘s OP-style...)
          True story!
          And what about your mistakes there Cowboyrocker? I read Cynthia Meachum had a real good funny story with the bearspray.
          Last edited by Countryboy; 10-24-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Hearspray evidense. See that takes thinking and time. Other dude awl butthurt like a muv.
            Torn between two muvvers, each that likes to drool
            one acts like Southerner and the other acts a fool.
            torn between tw...

ah, f - it.
            Questing song:
            The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

Where my WESTERNERS! YEE HAWW! Letz heff sum cowtown dust, you ol lead-crazy of the Fenny, fenn, fenn. It's like the East Coast around heah, all these East Coasterners showing uyup in yondurr. Them golden Fennyfornya daze ah I can't get enough. Is that another SB? Dang things trip my heart trigger, skipped a daym beat. What are we on 16? Yeah okay
              (this is kind actually waht I said to myself a minute ago looking at the main Fenn page, anyway)
              Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 10-24-2019, 06:01 PM.
              Questing song:

Comment

Wha no! Ah I got akurs in New MEXico.. GOLDmyynes. Sell ya a 40 akur parcel of BM land and YEuuuh bring lotsa water yu heer!?
                No, I am sitting here telling you that I caught myself thinking in Western. The West was once invaded by East Coasterners.
                When people imitate, it's flattery. When they don't want you to be free- that's a different thing altogether
                Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 10-24-2019, 06:20 PM.
                Questing song:

Comment

A Leach created this one. You must be feeling hated. I was feeling playful. If I switch back to NYC dialect - I guess it can get funnier - if that's where I belong... in my corner or something. I mean, LMFAO
                  Questing song:

Comment

Actually it‘s tough to read and I‘m not sure if it‘s necessary, but I am more than sure it‘s not necessary to confront him and construct a me-or-him-pressure-up-situation... I realized you are not too content with the developments over here, but I think a) we can all live with that and b) I think THOR is actually quite smart... without knowing which forum you‘ve been writing about...
                    Yea, you're right. Let's just all ignore it and put out a sign that says "anything goes" and before we know it this site will be a cesspool just like the other one that operates with a 'no-holds-barred' policy.
                    Look around . . . scores of smart searchers have left this site already. There's a reason for that.
                    And, it will go downhill for that very reason.

Not enough people care enough about it to sweep the floor when it needs to be swept.

I've been here since day-one. I've watched us rise and fall and rise again, and grow. I've watched the numbers and I've recognized patterns.
                    I've seen quality and I've seen crap.

I've watched this site probably more than anyone else here, including Kpro.
                    I study this site.
                    I was actually in the planning stages of opening my own site when she invited me over here.
                    So yes, I can pretty accurately tell you what works and what doesn't work.

The Random Thoughts thread doesn't survive because I'm some kind of genius. It survives because I know what makes it work. Content that people are interested in reading.
                    Love it or hate it, it's rocking the house.

So yea, if I see something that shows the potential to be detrimental to the site, I speak up.

THOR might one day be on the market. Who knows.
                    I look at things in a way that I ask myself "what sells ?"
                    Premium content produces premium prospects.

So, if you want to see this as a 'me-against-him' , you're free to do so.

I tend to see it as good housekeeping.
                    Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 10-24-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

This is awesome, The Beverly Hillbillies meets the Jeffersons. lol

Comment

THOR is worth more in 2019-2020 than any other time, IMO. RT I am not sure why you think something is going downhill.
                        You gotta let emphasis shift sometimes. There can be fun in Fenn. Maybe let your searching on THOR automatically gloss over us silly people.
                        Questing song:

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                          RT I am not sure why you think something is going downhill.
                          I could compile a list of reasons, if I were so inclined.
                          At the top of the list would be disrespect toward the owner when she asks you nicely to clean up foul language because you quote the F-bomb, and you simply ignore it.

Comment

I haven't typed that word here and that quoting of somebody else who did came before she asked.
                            Hey Roll... should I bail from THOR and let it go uphill again?
                            Or should we have an epic battle or whatever? Lol
                            Questing song:

Comment

I could probably go quiet awhile in about a week. I will be on the road again. I don't mind. You get a bit emotional about stuff, Roll JS
                              Questing song:

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy

You know 5 leaf I live in the big city because the pays good, but my heart and accent has a definitive twang, so that pretty much sums it up that I'm Country and will always be Country. No faking it here.
                                I am technically from south of the Mason-Dixon line myself. DC/MD/VA, with Fairfax ancestry back a couple hundred years... as far as rural, Gila National Forest rural. I guess that I can find prejudice anywhere ...
                                Questing song:

Comment

Working...
                                X