An Bout Mistakes ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Bout Mistakes ...

I've made a few ... maybe more n' a few, an I no y'all have to.

This here's the place to mention yer mistakes or missteps,
    cause sometimes its good if we all humble ourselfs a bit.

Fur bout the first 9 months uh searchin for Finn's gold,
    I thought I was so CLOSE I could smell it.

My friens was laffin at me, but that's okay.
    I thought theys just jealous.

Well, turns out I had figured the "Rocky" mountains
    was jus a descriptive title. An the mountains up the
    EAST COAST sure is "Rocky." AN they is NORTH of
    Santa Fe, per Finn's given 0 degrees to 180 degrees line descripter.

Well, then I fount out "Rocky" werent no Adjective
    but a PROPER NOUN.

Well that right thur shot my Dover, ME spot right in the foot.

Not the kinda X I was lookin to chalk on a map,
    but ya live an ya learn.

I can say won thing. I won't never forget the meanin of uh PROPER Noun.
    Sometimes a Capital first letter makes all the difference.

I no it aint jus me made a mistake er three.

C'mon y'all, who else got em?
    Last edited by A Leach; 10-24-2019, 02:55 PM.

An I also learnt a "hi desert" werent one whur's wacky-tobacky friendly, even if it is up in Colorado.
    police officer who splained that tuh me was a real kind feller. It's uh DESERT up awn top a dern MOUNTAIN.
    Aint never seen nothin like THAT before chasin finns gold.

Comment

I'm not sure if you think your writing is cute or folksy but it's hard to read and hard to take serious. Perhaps your intent is just to have fun and and not engage in serious conversation?
      "Misquotations are the only quotations that are never misquoted." - Hesketh Pearson

Comment

Originally posted by Diggio View Post
        I'm not sure if you think your writing is cute or folksy but it's hard to read and hard to take serious. Perhaps your intent is just to have fun and and not engage in serious conversation?
        It's actually obnoxious as hell, that's why he does it. I think an IP check would explain it better than I can.
        Whatever. If this is the new accepted norm around here, then I'm looking for some other place to discuss the chase.
        Not going to wade thru this crap every single day.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggio View Post
          Im sorry. Yer write. Ill stop.

Comment

My biggest mistake is reading the blogs then taking detours to the ultimate objective rather than using a good map, the poem and TTOTC. Some posting on the blogs are insightful where others are misleading.
            Forrest's SB's are great stories that I enjoy reading, and laughing.
            "He struck me as being the kind of guy who would hit himself in the head with a stick because it felt so good when he quit." Now that's funny! I don't care who you are!

The "in between the lines" is what I have difficulty with in understanding on Forrests writings that have left me "stumped" on many occasions.. The SB's are comming out so quickly that I forget or skip over the previous SB. Then It's, like I just threw a big ol plumbers wrench on my whole solve and all discombobulated.

I'm sure others have the same problem but maybe there is that one person who throws it in front of the mirror and reads the SB's like a script.
            Last edited by Countryboy; 10-24-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Leach View Post

Im sorry. Yer write. Ill stop.
              I‘ll follow! This reminds me of those old Corsian guys in an Asterix Comic or... more common in the States I guess... Waldorf and Statler...

Sorry guys, with all due respect, especially for Roll Tide and his fantastic thread, but only guys with a stuffily writing style.... no!

Please leave fresh guys like A Leach alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post
                My biggest mistake is reading the blogs then taking detours to the ultimate objective rather than using a good map, the poem and TTOTC. Some posting on the blogs are insightful where others are misleading.
                The "in between the lines" is what I have difficulty with in understanding on Forrests writings.
                Hear hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

I‘ll follow! This reminds me of those old Corsian guys in an Asterix Comic or... more common in the States I guess... Waldorf and Statler...

Sorry guys, with all due respect, especially for Roll Tide and his fantastic thread, but only guys with a stuffily writing style.... no!

Please leave fresh guys like A Leach alone!
                  Thankya Cowboy fer comin to my rescue. In the words of TS, Haters jis Gonna Hate.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

It's actually obnoxious as hell, that's why he does it. I think an IP check would explain it better than I can.
                    Whatever. If this is the new accepted norm around here, then I'm looking for some other place to discuss the chase.
                    Not going to wade thru this crap every single day.
                    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
                    there is a field. I’ll meet you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post
                      The "in between the lines" is what I have difficulty with in understanding on Forrests writings.
                      And these difficulties are the mistake you wanted to post about?

Comment

I was on a job in Hawaii and lots of mainlanders were trying to speak the Hawaiian slang ( Pigeon). I always thought it funny that a person would completely destroy their speaking skills just to try and fit in. It only made them sound silly to me. Some people just like to appear silly. That’s just plain silly.
                        To each it’s own I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer2019 View Post
                          I was on a job in Hawaii and lots of mainlanders were trying to speak the Hawaiian slang ( Pigeon). I always thought it funny that a person would completely destroy their speaking skills just to try and fit in. It only made them sound silly to me. Some people just like to appear silly. That’s just plain silly.
                          To each it’s own I suppose.
                          Your comment reminds me of the old experiment where people who know an answer to a question will act like they don't know just so they can fit in with the others. This applies to many other experiments with the same premises.

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy

You know Cowboyrocker, I just love the mountains, so when a flatlander like me get's the time and moneys to go I'm in paradise. But it gets real frustrating trying to find a needle in a haystack and it makes me wonder what are the right posting to read or if there is any meat behind them.
                            On the other hand one time out I forgot the misquito spray and they were swarming all around me. So, I decided to try the bear spray.... Big mistake, wind shift, yup, you can probably envision in your mind the results.
                            Aaahaha really? That hurts.... I feel yer love fur them moontens (poor try to copy this thread‘s OP-style...)

Comment

Two sides to this
                              Grammar Nazis
                              and
                              It must take a crapload of time to spell wrong on modern devices!
                              Questing song:
                              THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

Comment

Working...
                              X