The Scrapbooks As A Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can read the book. “Lost City of the Monkey Gods”
    Preston is truly a brave man. Awesome true story of searching a Lost City in Honduras.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer2019 View Post
      If you can read the book. “Lost City of the Monkey Gods”
      Preston is truly a brave man. Awesome true story of searching a Lost City in Honduras.
      I read that book too. Good read, now I wouldn't go in the jungle unless I had a gallon of Deet (per day).. or covered myself in mud
      Forget about curses, poisonous snakes and bandits... turns out bugs are the most dangerous things in the jungle down there.
      Preston does a great job, interesting characters and I believe he gives out a hint every once in awhile too if you follow his Instagram.
      "Felix... Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!"
      tt- "Righty-O!"

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer2019 View Post
        In Doug Prestons book, “Talking to the ground”
        Doug wanted to tape record conversations with a Navajo guide. This is what the Navajo man said, “ When someone says something important to you, if you have to write it down or tape record it in order to remember it, then it means you didn’t understand it. The only good things are those things you can never possibly forget.
        They become part of you. A thing doesn’t become truth until it goes into your heart.
        Before that, it’s just words”

I said earlier that I read what Fenn says once and it goes into my heart. Same as every email I’ve sent him. I keep a record of nothing on paper. The only thing I did read was TTOTC over and over just as he said. The poem is like an old song in my head, I will never forget it words.... ever.
        If you haven’t read Doug Prestons books, your missing a lot of adventure and unbelievable stories. I hope someday I will meet him. As well as Fenn.
        What ff says lately confuses me so much, last night I hatched a plan to print out the last 8 or so SB's, date and sort them, take copious notes, correlate those with my solve particulars, and lay it all out so I can see everything at once on a flow chart. So much for "the heart" I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RoKi

I recommend this strategy {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t8C4BE984-AEFE-475D-9098-469A9F1BB121.jpeg Views:\t10 Size:\t141.9 KB ID:\t122154","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"122154","data-size":"medium"}
          Looks like somebody fount Finn's ball o' string and "re-purposed" it.
          And that hair piece! LOLOL!!! #Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by A Leach View Post

FreakY
            Free-Key
            As in: A Word that is ...
            Down right 'Odd-I-see'
            (that won's 4u Homer)
            Thanks, loved you in Stand by me!
            All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
            -Winston Churchill

Comment

The only Gold I've found is in the grand adventures in which I have engaged, of which there have been aplenty. There's always a come-down after a failed find, but that passes and the memories remain like daffodils flitting about my brain.

EDIT: Actually, I take it back. Yesterdy I fount this GOLD ring at the DENVER airport. (Mythical place, that: https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...iracy-theories)

True story. An when ya look at the design, jist tell me whut sweet thang do it de-sign resemble ...

#Signs

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-16-11-54-22.png Views:	0 Size:	639.4 KB ID:	121892Click image for larger version Name:	cookie-btn.png Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	121893
              A moon pie, maybe?

Comment

Oh, Are Ye Oh? --
                O - R - E - O?
                Oh! me thinks he's a talkin to you!
                You better git in yer car an HURRY to go get TC!
                aka. SpeedWagon!
                think Champaign (jist outside Chicago) an Take It On the Run!
                you been Searchin So Long, Oh it's meant to be!

and bring Biggishoes with ya jist in case somethins afoot!
                Click image for larger version Name:	cookie-btn.png Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	121887
                Not sure I want "big issues" with me.

Comment

What ff says lately confuses me so much, last night I hatched a plan to print out the last 8 or so SB's, date and sort them, take copious notes, correlate those with my solve particulars, and lay it all out so I can see everything at once on a flow chart. So much for "the heart" I guess.
                  Good one. Marilyn would be proud if knowing and alive.

Comment

One comes out. The crowd roars.

I read it. Get not much. Then I read it again, and again, and finally I start seeing things. It's a trip. They emerge like nocturnal animals under a rising moon. I'm pointed in a secret direction, my way lit by the embers of a dying leaf. The Cheshire Cat talks to me, methinks.

So then I'm sure I'm onto something pertaining to my spot. Or am I? High low High low High low. I'm chasing paper dragons round and round we go. Everything seems to point everywhere, and nowhere, at once. Wavering.

Standing where I do now, alone like Goodman Brown in a dark and foreboding wood having lost my Faith, I begin to wonder: are these Scrapbooks designed to aid or ail? Is Fenn himself friend or foe? Or jist a jolly ole Joker, we really don't know.

How deep is a hole, you ask?

213 fathoms and counting ...
                    The scrapbooks as a “whole” are for your entertainment. There is no hints in them. Forrest has said the blogs are for your entertainment, where are the scrapbooks found? DAL’S BLOG.

Good bye

Comment

Or BSlog.
                      "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

Comment

Guise, I totally no how you fill.

Some days I think Finn is droppin bread crumbs leadin us tuh a hi gilded castle, others I'm pert sure he's jist blowin smoke. I give it a good 3 outta 5 he's jist havin hisself some fun while we all stuck hear in the middle. But hey, hoo nose?! (I writ that lak uh owel sounds, cause I thought it wuz wise)

Round n Round we go on thuh Steelers Wheel

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

The scrapbooks as a “whole” are for your entertainment. There is no hints in them. Forrest has said the blogs are for your entertainment, where are the scrapbooks found? DAL’S BLOG.

Good bye
                          Ask yourself why Forrest would put the time and effort into writing and putting together an article where he describes, in detail, tasting all of the spices in a drawer. Not only does he describe how they taste but he takes the time to take photographs of them and post it all online.

Why would he take pictures of himself in his closet, or show the world what his shower looks like? These are just a couple examples out of the couple hundred works he’s put out there.

The older we get the more we realize how precious time is. All of these scrapbooks take time and effort.

If he isn’t layering hints in (most) of these scrapbooks then he’s an insane sadist.

I do believe though that not all of his scrapbooks contain hints. Several are stories he wishes to share.

Comment

Mr. ToolFace, if u was a shark, u'd be a Hammer Head. Sorry. I had to.

But bout what ewe said, I agree hole heartedly. An bout that CLOVE, I jus write a piece awn that.

Here it is gain here --

CLOVE = C-LOVE

(Juss for the record, I thank thats why Finn is always mentionin CLOVE. Cause jus like them trick pictures where u either see an ugly ole witch or a beautiful young woman, Finn wants us tuh train hour eye tuh see the beauty in life. He also wants us tuh learn to see with all our sinces. I'm not sure bout Frankencents, but CLOVE is one there's a lesson in. If you see CLOVE with jus your nose or tastin buds, it's one way, an if you see it as it's writ and you learnt it, it's a simple thang, but if you learn to look jus write, you C-LOVE, an thas what this hole thang's about! Thats my to cents anyhow.)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Toolface View Post

Ask yourself why Forrest would put the time and effort into writing and putting together an article where he describes, in detail, tasting all of the spices in a drawer. Not only does he describe how they taste but he takes the time to take photographs of them and post it all online.

Why would he take pictures of himself in his closet, or show the world what his shower looks like? These are just a couple examples out of the couple hundred works he’s put out there.
                              It freaks me out to think I know why 75% of the time what he is hinting at in each case. I wouldn't even begin with why- for my own good.
                              Questing song:
                              THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

Comment

Working...
                              X