Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Scrapbooks As A Hole

One comes out. The crowd roars.

I read it. Get not much. Then I read it again, and again, and finally I start seeing things. It's a trip. They emerge like nocturnal animals under a rising moon. I'm pointed in a secret direction, my way lit by the embers of a dying leaf. The Cheshire Cat talks to me, methinks.

So then I'm sure I'm onto something pertaining to my spot. Or am I? High low High low High low. I'm chasing paper dragons round and round we go. Everything seems to point everywhere, and nowhere, at once. Wavering.

Standing where I do now, alone like Goodman Brown in a dark and foreboding wood having lost my Faith, I begin to wonder: are these Scrapbooks designed to aid or ail? Is Fenn himself friend or foe? Or jist a jolly ole Joker, we really don't know.

How deep is a hole, you ask?

213 fathoms and counting ...
    Last edited by A Leach; 10-16-2019, 01:12 AM.

If they make you think or feel something different, that's good. Potentially. If they make you feel bad, you may need to go on hiatus. Enjoy them, or get back to the The Thrill of Chase. Or something else completely.

Comment

I think f puts in different morsels, cleverly placed, that are from searchers comments and emails, but the overall idea of the SB is still intact. If one searcher sees something and decides that it is about them, they may stay in their area longer. If they are in the wrong state, for example, it would AIL them, causing a huge delay in adjusting for new areas.

Scrapbooks are fun to read and look for hints, but be careful trying to force hints to match a solve that is potentially wrong. IMO.

Moody

Comment

433 yards https://youtu.be/2zfM5zaRsvU

Comment

I hear you, Leachy. There is a joker, an ace and a thousand gone insane lol.
          Questing song:
          THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

Comment

I read them one time and one time only. There’s only confusion reading between the lines. Not to mention you all point out the cliff notes. So why look back, like life I never look back, there’s to much ahead to look back. I only look back to good memories. I do enjoy his stories but 90% of the scrapbooks are just stories. Awesome ones at that. Maybe just look at what he is saying and not what you think he is saying. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
              I think reading the scrapbooks a few times and then standing back away from your screen, while taking in the big picture and putting together what you've read and what you've seen is the key. Minimum research, the package is all there, just as all the answers are IN the poem.
              I like that answer.

Comment

Give yourself an hour on a gold claim (with the right eqpmt/motivation) for every hour you spend on the internet and you will have guaranteed gold.
                -earlier post of mine
                Questing song:
                THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                  Give yourself an hour on a gold claim (with the right eqpmt/motivation) for every hour you spend on the internet and you will have guaranteed gold.
                  -earlier post of mine
                  The only Gold I've found is in the grand adventures in which I have engaged, of which there have been aplenty. There's always a come-down after a failed find, but that passes and the memories remain like daffodils flitting about my brain.

EDIT: Actually, I take it back. Yesterdy I fount this GOLD ring at the DENVER airport. (Mythical place, that: https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...iracy-theories)

True story. An when ya look at the design, jist tell me whut sweet thang do it de-sign resemble ...

#Signs

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-16-11-54-22.png Views:	0 Size:	639.4 KB ID:	121892Click image for larger version  Name:	cookie-btn.png Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	121893
                  Last edited by A Leach; 10-16-2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I think reading the scrapbooks a few times and then standing back away from your screen, while taking in the big picture and putting together what you've read and what you've seen is the key. Minimum research, the package is all there, just as all the answers are IN the poem.
                    Oh, Are Ye Oh? --
                    O - R - E - O?
                    Oh! me thinks he's a talkin to you!
                    You better git in yer car an HURRY to go get TC!
                    aka. SpeedWagon!
                    think Champaign (jist outside Chicago) an Take It On the Run!
                    you been Searchin So Long, Oh it's meant to be!

and bring Biggishoes with ya jist in case somethins afoot!
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	cookie-btn.png Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	121887
                    Last edited by A Leach; 10-16-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

It's more like" O! O! ER! (error)
                      OH!! is short for Doh!
                      Lysdexia is a biTHC!
                      (subliminal marketing? no wonder i keep seein things!)

Remines me of a joke:

Did ya here bout the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?

He sat up all night long wonderin if there really wuz a dog!

Comment

Originally posted by A Leach View Post
                        One comes out. The crowd roars.

I read it. Get not much. Then I read it again, and again, and finally I start seeing things. It's a trip. They emerge like nocturnal animals under a rising moon. I'm pointed in a secret direction, my way lit by the embers of a dying leaf. The Cheshire Cat talks to me, methinks.

So then I'm sure I'm onto something pertaining to my spot. Or am I? High low High low High low. I'm chasing paper dragons round and round we go. Everything seems to point everywhere, and nowhere, at once. Wavering.

Standing where I do now, alone like Goodman Brown in a dark and foreboding wood having lost my Faith, I begin to wonder: are these Scrapbooks designed to aid or ail? Is Fenn himself friend or foe? Or jist a jolly ole Joker, we really don't know.

How deep is a hole, you ask?

213 fathoms and counting ...
                        Kind of freaky when you read something you could have written.
                        All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
                        -Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Homer View Post

Kind of freaky when you read something you could have written.

FreakY
                          Free-Key
                          As in: A Word that is ...
                          Down right 'Odd-I-see'
                          (that won's 4u Homer)
                          Last edited by A Leach; 10-16-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

In Doug Prestons book, “Talking to the ground”
                            Doug wanted to tape record conversations with a Navajo guide. This is what the Navajo man said, “ When someone says something important to you, if you have to write it down or tape record it in order to remember it, then it means you didn’t understand it. The only good things are those things you can never possibly forget.
                            They become part of you. A thing doesn’t become truth until it goes into your heart.
                            Before that, it’s just words”

I said earlier that I read what Fenn says once and it goes into my heart. Same as every email I’ve sent him. I keep a record of nothing on paper. The only thing I did read was TTOTC over and over just as he said. The poem is like an old song in my head, I will never forget it words.... ever.
                            If you haven’t read Doug Prestons books, your missing a lot of adventure and unbelievable stories. I hope someday I will meet him. As well as Fenn.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer2019 View Post
                              In Doug Prestons book, “Talking to the ground”
                              Doug wanted to tape record conversations with a Navajo guide. This is what the Navajo man said, “ When someone says something important to you, if you have to write it down or tape record it in order to remember it, then it means you didn’t understand it. The only good things are those things you can never possibly forget.
                              They become part of you. A thing doesn’t become truth until it goes into your heart.
                              Before that, it’s just words”

I said earlier that I read what Fenn says once and it goes into my heart. Same as every email I’ve sent him. I keep a record of nothing on paper. The only thing I did read was TTOTC over and over just as he said. The poem is like an old song in my head, I will never forget it words.... ever.
                              If you haven’t read Doug Prestons books, your missing a lot of adventure and unbelievable stories. I hope someday I will meet him. As well as Fenn.
                              I would love to read all Forrest's books and Doug Preston's books, not for hints or anything, but for the love of reading. I have only read Preston's The Codex, and of course TTOTC. Wouldn't that be something to be able to meet both of them, especially Forrest.

Comment

Working...
                              X