The Doll Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Doll Maker

I wonder if the dolls and the painting are somehow tied together? Josef Svoboda died in Prague. Didn’t Olga want her ashes spread with her fathers? That wasn’t on Taos Mountain. Any ideas on who made Chaos and Embroidery?

Forrest spread her ashes in the same place as her fathers ashes over Taos Mountain. He asked Olga to fly with her to the area. Olga was afraid to fly and said “ she would never undertake such an outrageous adventure” Forrest explained to her that no one should ever fear crashing because it is only the last inch that counted.
    They joked about the irony of his plane wrecking with her ashes aboard as being nature’s ultimate affront.

Comment

As far as her fathers ashes go, “Time had taken them apart but eventually brought them back together.”

Comment

Glad you asked. I just was thinking about those dolls. I'm sticking to my original presumption that they were recently commissioned by Forrest to make a statement.
        Definitely thinking they were made by a folk artist friend of his in the Northern New Mexico art community, perhaps Taos. They represent the lead and his favorite.
        Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 10-10-2019, 05:13 PM.
        Questing song: "Knocking at Your Back Door" Deep Purple
        (The Thrill of the Chase)
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GERh0sQzY

Comment

I only spent a short time looking because I kept getting distracted by amazing artists, but I thought this artist had a similar vibe:
          Francis Upritchard

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
            I wonder if the dolls and the painting are somehow tied together? Josef Svoboda died in Prague. Didn’t Olga want her ashes spread with her fathers? That wasn’t on Taos Mountain. Any ideas on who made Chaos and Embroidery?
            She said her dads ashes were there. But f decided to spread her ashes a little lower because the top was too cold and snowy. I'm sure it was a beautiful moment. Now they're waiting to drink green tea with ls, chaos, and embroidery, where the portal and double x's are, by the cute little church, or something to that effect, because it's black and white obvious, 1".

The dolls are recent purchases. They do look older though. At least we know he's still wheelen and dealing. Tired and weak to go on digs. Final resty spot is maybe a site that he owns, and goes to finder.

Comment

Sacha said she saw the dolls in his house and stared at them. So he’s had them since the time Sasha was visiting this summer.

Comment

Working...
              X