Clear All

Originally posted by rapala67 View Post
    OH!!
    Funniest-Will
    Smartest-OH
    Holiest-Anna
    Most Thoughtful-Jeremy P
    Most helpful-Roll Tide

Everyone has something to offer! It is going to take a village to get baby out of that....portal?

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post

Thanks for the faith Anna.
      Would you rather I whispered sweet nothings in your ear. “You’re the one blondie, your the lead searcher.” Wouldn’t that be a disservice?
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

If you ever get close to my ear I’ll yank that habit straight off your head and lock you in a closet.
        *and it’s you’re Anna-Grammar

Comment

I had a thing for Blondie, back in high school.

https://www.google.com/search?client...all+me+blondie
          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
          --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
            I had a thing for Blondie, back in high school.

https://www.google.com/search?client...all+me+blondie
            Then I vote for Dagwood!!
            only because it’s;
            1. a thick sandwich with a variety of different fillings.

Comment

I like Roll Tide and Copper... but those would be Lead Board Members. Why do I feel like I’m at summer camp?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lead Seacher View Post
                If the lead searcher was a frequent member on this site, who would you pick?
                I want to answer your question, but I am confused by the words you chose in asking your question and don't want to leap to an assumptive conclusion. If you could clarify, perhaps I could move forward with confidence in my answer.

By, " ...a frequent member on this site...", do you mean:

1) A member who is frequently viewing this site;
                2) A member who is frequently posting/starting new threads on this site;
                3) A member who is frequently posting replies on this site;
                4) A member who, for some reason, joins the site frequently;
                or something else? "Frequent Contributor to this site", perhaps?

For that matter, does your use of the word member refer to this site? Could you possibly have left out the word "Flyer", as in Frequent Flyer Member (multiple BOTGs?)

Further, how do you define "frequent"? After all, "...to an ant, a puddle..."

As for "was", are you implying that the lead searcher is no longer a frequent member (please see above for the needed clarification of the words member and frequent)?

Lastly, for what reason would I be picking someone? would I be picking someone to identify who the Lead Searcher is? Is the Lead Searcher the same as the Hunter?

I think I need to sleep on it. On It. It?
                Begin it were warm waters halt
                And take it in the canyon down,

On second (omega) thought, I don't think I can answer your question.

Good luck to you,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

My vote is for the ant & not the elephants
                  Questing song: "Knocking at Your Back Door" Deep Purple
                  (The Thrill of the Chase)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GERh0sQzY

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                    Wow! That was a brave question to ask the community.
                    If I were to name a lead searcher, it would be a Wyoming searcher.
                    Kpro, Khan, Rorschach tested, 1Trailblazer, Wraith14u, rapala67, Blondie, Ninety, Sunburnt1. The ones that I know who search Wyoming. If I am wrong, I apologize.......
                    Apology accepted

Comment

Maybe the LS is smart enough to stay below the radar and blend in with their surroundings so as not to be known? Maybe they are a master of hiding in plain sight? Maybe they throw so much crazy off the wall ideas, comments and suggestions they are quickly and easily discredited?

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                        Maybe the LS is smart enough to stay below the radar and blend in with their surroundings so as not to be known? Maybe they are a master of hiding in plain sight? Maybe they throw so much crazy off the wall ideas, comments and suggestions they are quickly and easily discredited?
                        I like that plan.

Comment

Who would the lead searcher be... my thoughts on it..

Someone who
                          knows that they know,
                          knows what they need to know
                          and knows what they don't know,

And when they know all of this....

Comment

Not to count chickens before they hatch, but I've been thinking a lot on this...
                            what would be a great way for the finder to give back? Presuming the person were able to draw from the intelligence of solving the Fenn trove?
                            Maybe a gold mine, rich placer claim, or some place in the West that people who've centered their lives around this thing could go and recoup losses?
                            Finding gold seems to be key; gold in uncertain times; land that welcomes former chasers, land that opens into NF/BLM with cheap rent/free camping nearby?
                            I already know quite a few people not involved in the chase that are camping and living in vehicles (legal trouble, insanity, various other problems). Seems like foundations, scholarships and peoples' ideas of how to give back usually fall short. No, it needs to be ongoing, outdoors, maybe a re-hide of some chest items; some way that all the middle-agers with no check can keep at it constructively. It's what I would try to do. I know there have been some unfortunate situations that have come of the persistence. It would need to be thought out a bit. There could be thousands of people with nothing ahead if the chase ends. Many parks have been switching to 2-week limits per year. Things are getting crappy. I just hope the finder could pull off something like that and not just hide behind walls of fortune.

Comment

Interesting thoughts 5L. All I have to say about this is that searchers should only spend what they plan on losing. It's like gambling. If people go digging into their retirements funds to check the same general area 109 times, it's their own stinking fault. It will be interesting to see what happens after the treasure is found though.
                              MC

Comment

Many more people would get involved if they knew it was real. Alot less would be needed to start a new hunt. Driving is too hard. Set it up so people have to get strangers to check for them. Because people are good and don't wake up wanting to kill each other like governments, hollywood, and fake history teaches us. Once everyone realizes that working everyday is stupid mind control then they can hunt and gather like in the good ol days, fun family times.
                                Again, we all know you are ANOTHER self proclaimed LS. Your wife e poo won't let you go and now it's too late. Ya can't find it like that. NO WAY. The answer to the poem is kismet.

when i drive i think about truckers who do that everyday for $10 and hour, the miners who dug that metal up, and the immigrants of caracas who are trying to escape $30 a year hell. The current territory called America is so easy to get by there's no excuse. One could make a hundred a day simply going door to door asking for yard work.

https://youtu.be/RawIaDhqZ8E

https://youtu.be/sn-qNHlJjYg
                                Last edited by khan; 10-12-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X