Establishing the 9 clues and what that means for the remaining stanzas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Establishing the 9 clues and what that means for the remaining stanzas

For a while now I have believed that the 9 clues starts with Begin and ends with Cease but I needed confirmation. We know WWWH is clue 1 because Forrest told us so. But with Cease in the middle of stanza 4 I questioned it. However with the recent tapes of Forrest giving the definition of Tarry Scant I now feel confident that the blaze truly is clue 9. It simplifies the poem.

Yet what do we do with stanza 1, 5, and 6? 1 could be simply helping us find the correct WWWH.. and 5 and 6 may have confirmers to the clues.

For me all clues are metaphors. Except Canyon Down.. Which makes me scratch my head in wonder... Ugh, this damn poem keeps me up at night.

Just my rambling thoughts .

9 clues for me start at WWWH and end with Blaze..... kinda the same.....

Yes, recent tapes tell us this IMO agree.

Stanza 1 - hint of the state or general area
    Stanza 5 &6 - legal stuff that you own that damn thing.

Canyon is clue #2. Without a doubt.
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Give you a hint, watch some of those ole spaghetti westerns and tell me which direction dem dar cow pokers are traveling in when they go “in a canyon”. That cute picture of Forrest with his cap gun six shooter tells me he knows a thing or two about going in a canyon.

Comment

And Leo is my uncle. Do I need to give you an address?
        “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

read the poem with this in mind, do you think heavy loads and waters high maybe synonymous with the blaze? another words whatever it is that constitutes HLWH that makes it significant enough to stand out as such that that in and of it's self maybe the blaze. I see nothing in conflict with that line of thinking... thoughts?

Comment

I feel rather lost on how to establish numbering the clues. I found a loose system for that, at best. Still feels like lucky stumbling works though. I can't be 100 percent on that till proof.
            Questing song: "Knocking at Your Back Door" Deep Purple
            (The Thrill of the Chase)
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GERh0sQzY

Comment

I'm glad Forrest simplified the poem for us with his most recent comments. I'm not kidding ..... so happy! With the other stanzas, they might hint at the clues, they might be there for legal reasons, or perhaps just a filler of sorts. I mean, f did spend 15 years on every word. Maybe things will clear up with the correct WWWH.
              Moody

Comment

The tarry scant meaning what it was presumed to be was huge in significance of you would have the chest at that point. So all clues are before.. until now that you could not rule out the following stanzas were not geographical clues. Yet it is still not confirmed that is a fact by Mr. Fenn. But never limit yourself that geography is more that just land formations.

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post
                  read the poem with this in mind, do you think heavy loads and waters high maybe synonymous with the blaze? another words whatever it is that constitutes HLWH that makes it significant enough to stand out as such that that in and of it's self maybe the blaze. I see nothing in conflict with that line of thinking... thoughts?
                  It's too big and spread-out, in my opinion, to be the blaze of the poem.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                    I feel rather lost on how to establish numbering the clues. I found a loose system for that, at best. Still feels like lucky stumbling works though. I can't be 100 percent on that till proof.
                    In my opinion, counting or numbering the clues wastes one's time. The poem should be solvable without changing it. This is not rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

In my opinion, counting or numbering the clues wastes one's time. The poem should be solvable without changing it. This is not rocket science.
                      I agree 100%. It may be fun to try and number the clues, but I believe it gets you nowhere, and it does not help solve the poem. If anyone is serious about finding this chest, figuring it out and WWWH should be the only thing focused on....IMO

Comment

Someone unfamiliar with your poem receives a message that says “meet me where warm waters halt, somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe”. Would they be able to work out where to go? If they can’t, would they need the whole poem, another stanza, or just a line or word to help them on their way? ~Phil Bayman

There are a few words in the poem that are not useful in finding the treasure Phil, but it is risky to discount any of them. You over simplify the clues. There are many places in the Rocky Mountains where warm waters halt, and nearly all of them are north of Santa Fe. Look at the big picture, there are no short cuts. f
                        -------------------------------------------------

It should be read like this:
                        There are a few words in the poem that are not useful in finding the treasure Phil, but it is risky to subtract any of them.

A few usually means 3 or 4 and it is risky to not count them in. This tells me that you use all of the poem words but maybe a few and it is risky not to count those few.

Last edited by OH!!; 10-09-2019, 09:24 AM.
                        A Friends Website
                        www.SharkWheel.com

Comment

Look at the big picture, there are no short cuts. f

There are no short cuts in the poem!
                          Actually he is telling the truth because no matter which direction you approach the chest from, the “song remains the same”

Had a dream
                          Oh, yeah
                          Crazy dream, uh-huh
                          Anything I wanted to know
                          Any place I needed to go
                          Hear my song
                          Yeah, people don't you listen now?
                          Sing along
                          Oh
                          You don't know what you're missing, now
                          Any little song that you know
                          Everything that's small has to grow
                          And it's gonna grow, push push, yeah
                          Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, California sunlight
                          Sweet Calcutta rain
                          Honolulu starbright
                          The song remains the same
                          Ooh, ooh, oh, oh
                          Here we go, here we go
                          All you gotta do, now
                          All you gotta do, now
                          Ooh-ee
                          Sing out Hare-Hare
                          Ooh, dance the Hoochie-Koo
                          City lights are oh so bright, as we go sliding, sliding
                          Sliding, sliding, sliding, sliding, sliding, sliding
                          Oh
                          Led Zepplin

Comment

If you need almost all the words to find the Gold. It would seem like the blaze is the middle of the solve. Not the end. So the poem is not so straight forward as directional as perceived. Makes me almost want to reanalyze it as a cipher or code. The constant indirect answers is perturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                              9 clues for me start at WWWH and end with Blaze..... kinda the same.....

Yes, recent tapes tell us this IMO agree.

Stanza 1 - hint of the state or general area
                              Stanza 5 &6 - legal stuff that you own that damn thing.

Canyon is clue #2. Without a doubt.
                              Have to agree with kpro on this one; like every good story, you have a "Once upon a while" at the beginning and a "Lived Happily Ever After" at the end. The adventure is in the middle.
                              "Misquotations are the only quotations that are never misquoted." - Hesketh Pearson

Comment

Working...
                              X