Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trick or Protect

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trick or Protect

    To trick or to protect? Seems an odd situation that Forrest find himself in with those ghoulish dolls. Shouldn’t it be the month of “trick or treating?” Not “trick or protecting?” Another definition of “to treat” is “to protect.” Think about treating wood planks to protect them from the elements.

    Perhaps Forrest is merely reminding us to look up the definition of every word in the poem and to use our imagination to make connections that are not natural to us. A treat can be a candy bar at Halloween, a process applied to protect, and several other things.

    I plan to go back to the poem where I think I’m stuck and review the word definitions.

    Happy Halloween


  • #2
    Hard to say if Forrest is telling us to think about his every word. His words set people off in every direction for sure.
    Questing song: "Knocking at Your Back Door" Deep Purple
    (The Thrill of the Chase)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GERh0sQzY

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
      Hard to say if Forrest is telling us to think about his every word. His words set people off in every direction for sure.
      #EveryDirection -- Never been "religious" before, but these words you just spake inspire me. Where do I sign up?

      Comment


      • #4
        Did you switch hair colors? You can’t just change identities after 2 years and 604 posts.
        Last edited by Anna Graham; 10-07-2019, 03:16 PM.
        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
        --Arthur Schopenhauer--

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
          Did you switch hair colors? You can’t just change identities after 2 years and 604 posts.
          Once there was this kid who
          Got into an accident and couldn't come to school
          But when he finally came back
          His hair had turned from black into bright white

          - - - -

          So he said "once there was a boy
          Who woke up with blue hair
          To him it was a joy
          Until he ran out into the warm air
          He thought of how his friend would come to see
          And would they laugh, or had he got some strange disease?"
          God shuffled his feet and glanced around at them
          The people cleared their throats and stared right back at him
          The people sat waiting
          Out on their blankets in the garden
          But God said nothing
          So someone asked him "I beg your pardon
          I'm not quite clear about what you just spoke
          What that a parable, or a very subtle joke?"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
            Did you switch hair colors? You can’t just change identities after 2 years and 604 posts.
            No I’ve always been Blonde. I’m testing a theory. And I can do whatever I want sister.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Blondie View Post

              I’m testing a theory.
              Blondes have more fun?
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by A Leach View Post
                Once there was this kid who
                Got into an accident and couldn't come to school
                But when he finally came back
                His hair had turned from black into bright white

                - - - -

                So he said "once there was a boy
                Who woke up with blue hair
                To him it was a joy
                Until he ran out into the warm air
                He thought of how his friend would come to see
                And would they laugh, or had he got some strange disease?"
                God shuffled his feet and glanced around at them
                The people cleared their throats and stared right back at him
                The people sat waiting
                Out on their blankets in the garden
                But God said nothing
                So someone asked him "I beg your pardon
                I'm not quite clear about what you just spoke
                What that a parable, or a very subtle joke?"
                Mmm...
                "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by A Leach View Post

                  #EveryDirection -- Never been "religious" before, but these words you just spake inspire me. Where do I sign up?
                  "My church is in the mountains and along the river bottoms where dreams and fantasies alike go to play."
                  Or Woolybooger Rd.
                  Questing song: "Knocking at Your Back Door" Deep Purple
                  (The Thrill of the Chase)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GERh0sQzY

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

                    Blondes have more fun?
                    It’s really “nun” of your business.

                    But no really....I can’t tell you because it’s top secret. I can tell you that my plan isn’t working very well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                      To trick or to protect? Seems an odd situation that Forrest find himself in with those ghoulish dolls. Shouldn’t it be the month of “trick or treating?” Not “trick or protecting?” Another definition of “to treat” is “to protect.” Think about treating wood planks to protect them from the elements.

                      Perhaps Forrest is merely reminding us to look up the definition of every word in the poem and to use our imagination to make connections that are not natural to us. A treat can be a candy bar at Halloween, a process applied to protect, and several other things.

                      I plan to go back to the poem where I think I’m stuck and review the word definitions.

                      Happy Halloween
                      Blondie, I like your train of thought looking up words to see multiple meanings of each. Forrest purposely uses words in his poem specifically designed to have multiple meanings so we can have the freedom to go several ways in our 'solves', yet the illusion of trickery remains. I like how you found a different meaning for 'protect' with the word 'treat' specifically for wood. Another one for 'protect' is 'keep'. Oh look!!! 'Keep" is in the poem!

                      Moody

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

                        Blondes have more fun?
                        Seeing if you get more Calls this way? Or seeing if Angel Eyes will show up maybe ...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                          To trick or to protect? Seems an odd situation that Forrest find himself in with those ghoulish dolls. Shouldn’t it be the month of “trick or treating?” Not “trick or protecting?” Another definition of “to treat” is “to protect.” Think about treating wood planks to protect them from the elements.

                          Perhaps Forrest is merely reminding us to look up the definition of every word in the poem and to use our imagination to make connections that are not natural to us. A treat can be a candy bar at Halloween, a process applied to protect, and several other things.

                          I plan to go back to the poem where I think I’m stuck and review the word definitions.

                          Happy Halloween
                          Happy Halloween,

                          Orion the Hunter Click image for larger version

Name:	TrickOrTreat.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	120137

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

                            Blondie, I like your train of thought looking up words to see multiple meanings of each. Forrest purposely uses words in his poem specifically designed to have multiple meanings so we can have the freedom to go several ways in our 'solves', yet the illusion of trickery remains. I like how you found a different meaning for 'protect' with the word 'treat' specifically for wood. Another one for 'protect' is 'keep'. Oh look!!! 'Keep" is in the poem!

                            Moody
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-08-09-55-18.png
Views:	145
Size:	305.2 KB
ID:	120145

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X