Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making the lines cross

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Bob823 View Post
    "My question, can you have lines cross with only three points?"

    Lines don't end at points. Three non-linear points typically define a triangle. But if one extends any two of the line segments that form the sides of the triangle then one has two lines crossing. But, unfortunately, one generates in that way three points at which two lines cross. So.......... Never mind.
    The shortest distance between two curved lines is a straight point, or round to-it. I've been trying to get my hands on one of those for a while now, but they're not easy to come by.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by A Leach View Post

      The shortest distance between two curved lines is a straight point, or round to-it. I've been trying to get my hands on one of those for a while now, but they're not easy to come by.
      It's because they curve space-time and one can only lasso them with a vibrating string.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Bob823 View Post

        It's because they curve space-time and one can only lasso them with a vibrating string.
        Pretty sure we're on the same wave length. (#Everything I know I learned from Dummies)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	StringTheory4Dummies.PNG
Views:	287
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	119993dummy

        noun
        dum·​my | \ ˈdə-mē \
        plural dummies Definition of dummy

        (Entry 1 of 3)

        1a:dated, offensive : a person who is incapable of speaking
        b: a person who is habitually silent
        c: a stupid personHe's no dummy.She loves you, you dummy.

        2card games

        a: the exposed hand in bridge played by the declarer in addition to his or her own hand
        b: a bridge player whose hand is a dummy
        3: an imitation, copy, or likeness of something used as a substitute: such as
        a: MANNEQUINa crash test dummy
        bfootball : a stuffed figure or cylindrical bag used for tackling (see TACKLE entry 2 sense 1b) and blocking practice
        centertainment : a large puppet usually having movable features (such as mouth and arms) manipulated by a ventriloquist
        dchiefly British : PACIFIER sense 2
        4: one seeming to act independently but in reality controlled by another - a dummy for the real store owner

        5printing

        a: a mock-up of a proposed publication (such as a book or magazine)
        b: a set of pages (as for a newspaper or magazine) with the position of text and artwork indicated for the printer (see PRINTER sense a)

        dummy

        adjective
        Definition of dummy (Entry 2 of 3)

        1a: having the appearance of being real : ARTIFICIALdummy foods in the display case
        b: existing in name only : FICTITIOUSdummy corporations
        2: apparently acting for oneself while really acting for or at the direction of anothera dummy director

        dummy

        verb
        dummied; dummying

        Definition of dummy (Entry 3 of 3)

        transitive verb

        publishing
        : to make a dummy (see DUMMY entry 1 sense 5) of (something, such as a publication) —often used with updummied up the front page

        Comment


        • #19
          I think I am about to have a Fenndumental breakdown.
          #wheremyeyescross
          Questing song:
          THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
            I think I am about to have a Fenndumental breakdown.
            #wheremyeyescross
            5LB, sometimes we have to hit rock bottom before we find answers. Speaking of 3 points, lines crossing, triangulation, you may have just done it ...
            (Now all you have to do is let the force guide you and glide across the Fennish Line)

            Click image for larger version  Name:	third eye.PNG Views:	0 Size:	173.8 KB ID:	120014

            Comment


            • #21
              "Success is an omniscient guru."
              Questing song:
              THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

              Comment


              • #22
                I’m so glad to see so many of you have already crossed the finish line, got the box, and are now just enjoying it. Maybe I can be, what? 20th place? Is there a sign in sheet when you hike to the location in the Rockies?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                  I’m so glad to see so many of you have already crossed the finish line, got the box, and are now just enjoying it. Maybe I can be, what? 20th place? Is there a sign in sheet when you hike to the location in the Rockies?
                  There is, but you gotta be Keen & Bold to find it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by A Leach View Post

                    There is, but you gotta be Keen & Bold to find it.
                    Well, then I should be emulating you or the others.
                    Never been a good follower. Always found it boring.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

                      Well, then I should be emulating you or the others.
                      Never been a good follower. Always found it boring.
                      Aperturate it, Rose.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                        I’m so glad to see so many of you have already crossed the finish line, got the box, and are now just enjoying it. Maybe I can be, what? 20th place? Is there a sign in sheet when you hike to the location in the Rockies?
                        cheer up, WILL YA!?
                        Questing song:
                        THE POLICE "SECRET JOURNEY"
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkMyFMZXHmk

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Perhaps you're creating a blaze.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Some of what was posted looks like specialized knowledge, maybe Forrest means the lines in the poem have to cross. In other words two line referencing the same location in a different way.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Treasure Tracking Tinner View Post
                              Some of what was posted looks like specialized knowledge, maybe Forrest means the lines in the poem have to cross. In other words two line referencing the same location in a different way.
                              That is a brilliant observation...one of at least two ways lines cross.

                              Regards,

                              Orion the Hunter

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X