Making the lines cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the lines cross

this may not make sense to anyone, but I hope it does to one of you great searchers. I think there is something to the “cross the lines” “lines crossing” quotes from Forrest. And there is no X. In my newest solve, I have three points. I have tried to fore a forth one, but it makes no sense. My question, can you have lines cross with only three points? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Triangulation often used to pinpoint location.
    "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
      this may not make sense to anyone, but I hope it does to one of you great searchers. I think there is something to the “cross the lines” “lines crossing” quotes from Forrest. And there is no X. In my newest solve, I have three points. I have tried to fore a forth one, but it makes no sense. My question, can you have lines cross with only three points? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
      Need more than only 3

Comment

I think 3 is correct.

Comment

I suppose you could if one of the points was the crossing point and the other two end points.

Comment

If the 3 points are colinear, no. If they aren't, yes. Study a bit about geometry. Good luck. If you're close to Santa Fe, it may be worth visiting.

Comment

Per Old Pilot: as long as the 3 points aren't on a line, they can specify a point. Simplest is to draw a line from each triangle vertex through the midpoint of the opposing side. Those three lines will intersect within the triangle.

Comment

No matter how many points I seem to make, and believe me I've made some good ones, I always seem to cross the line somehow or other. Heck, I've crossed the line with just one point before, and a few times just by looking at her funny. I'd say forget making points and avoid crossing lines at all costs, especially with the woman you have to share a single-wide with. Believe me, it just ain't worth it.

*I'd also avoid cooking beans after 3pm, generally speaking. They may be good for the heart, but they ain't no friend to romance.
                Last edited by A Leach; 10-06-2019, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Singlewide trailer with a woman for several years: right here
                  Questing song: "Knocking at Your Back Door" Deep Purple
                  (The Thrill of the Chase)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GERh0sQzY

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                    Singlewide trailer with a woman for several years: right here
                    #SoldiersOfTheSameStrugle
                    #PhDinHaltMethod

Comment

Originally posted by A Leach View Post

#SoldiersOfTheSameStrugle
                      #PhDinHaltMethod
                      #ThePainIsReal. Nah, kidding, I love her. Highly supportive of Chase. Hell, spent 400-500 days before that in Rocky Mtns helping me look.
                      Questing song: "Knocking at Your Back Door" Deep Purple
                      (The Thrill of the Chase)
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GERh0sQzY

Comment

You can plot a 90 degree intersection point from each of those three points to the line created by the other two.
                        "Misquotations are the only quotations that are never misquoted." - Hesketh Pearson

Comment

Originally posted by Diggio View Post
                          You can plot a 90 degree intersection point from each of those three points to the line created by the other two.
                          Hi Diggio: and if we *really* want to go off the reservation we can start talking about tarry points. ;-)

Comment

KPro,
                            I gather your PHD is in social studies. Ha ha
                            Forget the lines and human paths and use the dictionary, especially for heavy loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Hi Diggio: and if we *really* want to go off the reservation we can start talking about tarry points. ;-)
                              Tarry Point is my favorite rabbit hole. Highly technical and, indeed, off the reservation.
                              In my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X