Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Far, But Too Far To Walk - Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Far, But Too Far To Walk - Location?

Suppose one is at a certain location. Further suppose that less than half a mile away ("not far," a relatively easy walking distance) is a town named Infinity. Of course I just made up that scenario to make a point. The town's name could also be Hell, or Heaven, or many other choices. And it needn't be a town. Because all such example locations are metaphorically too far to walk to.
    Last edited by Bob823; 10-05-2019, 01:07 PM.

metaphors are fun

Comment

Did you know MapQuest will tell you a place is "too far to walk"! Kind of funny really. If you set walking as your mode of transportation, at a certain distance the directions will come up stating it's "too far to walk". I think it has to be around 200 miles for that to happen.
      "It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
      And I'm most obliged to you for making it clear that
      I'm not here" -Syd Barrett

Comment

Originally posted by Bob823 View Post
        Suppose one is at a certain location. Further suppose that about half a mile away (a relatively easy walking distance) is a town named Infinity. Of course I just made up that scenario to make a point. The town's name could also be Hell, or Heaven, or many other choices. And it needn't be a town. Because all such examples are metaphorically too far to walk to.
        And it needn't have a name either. Suppose that location was a helicopter, and that nameless town was below it. I'd just put in right there.

Comment

Yes it's a location!

Begin it where warm waters halt
          And take it in the canyon down,
          Not far, but too far to walk.

Begin it where warm waters halt And take it in the canyon down, Not far, but too far to walk.

Either way you read it, it is a location.
          Never share your secret with anybody. It will destroy you. -Chanakya

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post
            Yes it's a location!

Begin it where warm waters halt
            And take it in the canyon down,
            Not far, but too far to walk.

Begin it where warm waters halt And take it in the canyon down, Not far, but too far to walk.

Either way you read it, it is a location.
            Do you not think it could be also stating this canyon you're taking down is a roadway? With put in being reference to where you park below the home of Brown

Comment

Rah Rah:
              Please clarify for me. Are you suggesting that the 3 lines you quote all are involved in the description of only one location? NOT three lines --> three clues ---> three locations? Instead: three lines --> one clue --> one location? Is that what you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by rmx63 View Post

Do you not think it could be also stating this canyon you're taking down is a roadway? With put in being reference to where you park below the home of Brown
                If that's how you see it, go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob823 View Post
                  Rah Rah:
                  Please clarify for me. Are you suggesting that the 3 lines you quote all are involved in the description of only one location? NOT three lines --> three clues ---> three locations? Instead: three lines --> one clue --> one location? Is that what you mean?
                  There is more than one answer (IMO) to the clues within the line(s), but one location, if that makes sense.....you need all to get to it....keep in mind, I don't have the chest, so I'm likely not right.

Comment

Working...
                  X