Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Solve- Word that is KEY

Hi Guys, YES, I know its Alaska.
    Yes, its not the right location or elevation BUT, what if "its made for the one who can adjust"?
    What if, you solve it in Alaska and you somehow find the missing link that takes you back to the Fenn 4 states?

So, thinking about Pipes, Gas lines...ahem @biggishshoes

Start in Valdez, AK- wwwh THINK ITS COLD
    follow river down- LOWE river
    not far but too far... Hwy 4
    (Remember you are also following the Trans Pipeline)
    this takes you to KEYSTONE canyon. "a word that is KEY"
    Home of Brown- Brown's Creek AND Brown Creek
    from there its no place for the meek- and I believe mostly BOTG
    Also Bridal falls- is nearby and maybe no place of the meek? lol.

Within close proximity is Goat Trail- a trail found by W.R. Abercombie. YUP, W.R. just like W.R. Leigh

Other notes-
    Gasline-burning gas
    "Snowy Tundra"
    Earl of Sandwich was originally Port Valdez
    Middle Rock in middle of Port
    Richardson Hwy is number 4... 2+2
    (Fenns Lieutenant Richardson)
    We know Fenn spent time in Alaska

These are just quick notes, I bet if you dig deep you can find some goodies.

This isn't my favorite solve but I have mentioned it to FENN a few times to him in the past, and maybe his last posts are about it?
    Maybe someone here wants to kick it around and add more ideas??
    Im too overwhelmed with the idea of getting to Alaska with kiddos, and jobs etc
    So good luck anyone who wants to explore.
    Remember me if you find the clues BOTG.
    -Vestal
    Last edited by Vestalpatience; 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM.

I'm guessing you are new to the search?

Comment

I like seeing some 'out-of-the-box' thinking. If only you can find a way to finish it in the advertised search area.

Can you explain your WWWH a little more for me? I'm just curious. From here, it looks like you are saying ALL of Alaska is cold, and you just picked Valdez, AK because it fit your word as key.

It sound like this matches SB 205 better than the poem. Forrest does have a way to make us all think he is 'talking' to us!! The thing that speaks to me the most is the belt buckle.

Thanks for your comments

Comment

Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post
        Hi Guys, YES, I know its Alaska.
        Yes, its not the right location or elevation BUT, what if "its made for the one who can adjust"?
        What if, you solve it in Alaska and you somehow find the missing link that takes you back to the Fenn 4 states?

So, thinking about Pipes, Gas lines...ahem @biggishshoes

Start in Valdez, AK- wwwh THINK ITS COLD
        follow river down- LOWE river
        not far but too far... Hwy 4
        (Remember you are also following the Trans Pipeline)
        this takes you to KEYSTONE canyon. "a word that is KEY"
        Home of Brown- Brown's Creek AND Brown Creek
        from there its no place for the meek- and I believe mostly BOTG
        Also Bridal falls- is nearby and maybe no place of the meek? lol.

Within close proximity is Goat Trail- a trail found by W.R. Abercombie. YUP, W.R. just like W.R. Leigh

Other notes-
        Gasline-burning gas
        "Snowy Tundra"
        Earl of Sandwich was originally Port Valdez
        Middle Rock in middle of Port
        Richardson Hwy is number 4... 2+2
        (Fenns Lieutenant Richardson)
        We know Fenn spent time in Alaska

These are just quick notes, I bet if you dig deep you can find some goodies.

This isn't my favorite solve but I have mentioned it to FENN a few times to him in the past, and maybe his last posts are about it?
        Maybe someone here wants to kick it around and add more ideas??
        Im too overwhelmed with the idea of getting to Alaska with kiddos, and jobs etc
        So good luck anyone who wants to explore.
        Remember me if you find the clues BOTG.
        -Vestal
        I’d be pretty peeved if the treasure chest was found in Alaska.

Comment

I believe there is an Alaskan component, yes, but you don't need to go to Alaska. However, everyone should go to Alaska in their lifetime. It's heaven on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post
            I like seeing some 'out-of-the-box' thinking. If only you can find a way to finish it in the advertised search area.

Can you explain your WWWH a little more for me? I'm just curious. From here, it looks like you are saying ALL of Alaska is cold, and you just picked Valdez, AK because it fit your word as key.

It sound like this matches SB 205 better than the poem. Forrest does have a way to make us all think he is 'talking' to us!! The thing that speaks to me the most is the belt buckle.

Thanks for your comments
            Well, Port Valdez is a place where lots of things HALT, water and ships. Its also known as the Valdez Glacier Valley- warm water would stop when it becomes a glacier.
            I believe the treasure is found using a map NOT copious amounts of history lessons and research to back it up. So for me, this could easily be Valdez or even Glacier NP if you wanna think of it that way.
            Last edited by Vestalpatience; 09-17-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

Thanks for your comments
              Just something to think about, you're welcome...Im so sick of reading drama on these boards, nice to see someone actually appreciate new thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymoussearcher View Post
                I'm guessing you are new to the search?
                Funny

Comment

If anyone wants to read more about the area.
                  I haven't put a ton of thought into the area

also, LOWE means to burn or BLAZE.
                  LOWBERRY BLUEBERRY

"The highway was first known to gold stampeders at the tail-end of the nineteenth century as the Valdez trail, which led to the tent city that had sprung up at the head of the bay. The route had been hacked through Keystone Canyon and over Thompson Pass by the men of Lieutenant W.R. Abercrombie, and soon after, the Army set about building Fort Liscum, located at the site of the present Alyeska Pipeline terminal. In 1910 the trail was upgraded to a wagon road under the direction of Gen. Wilds P. Richardson, first president of the Alaska Road Commission (ARC). By 1921 it was rebuilt and its name was changed to the Goat Trail. The eventual Richardson Highway diverged somewhat and was built along a stable route following the bottom of Keystone Canyon. ARC updated the road to automobile standards in the 1920s; it was hard-surfaced in 1957.

After the Richardson Highway was completed, the Goat Trail became obsolete and was abandoned, although today it can be used for hiking. The trail begins at a wood sign just past Horsetail Falls in Keystone Canyon (Mile 13.5). The trail twists and winds following the Lowe River and is passable for the first 2.5 miles.

For those who choose this option, the drive to Valdez is undeniably gorgeous, flanked at points by picturesque views of the 800-mile-long Trans-Alaska Pipeline and all along its route by the stunning peaks and valleys of the area’s mountain ranges. While driving the Richardson towards Valdez, there are several opportunities to cast in flowing water—and nearly all the scenery is postcard-worthy. First is the Tonsina River and then the Little Tonsina, one of the better roadside Dolly fisheries in the region. Between miles 43 and 50, the Richardson Highway parallels the Tiekel River, and despite the fact that the Tiekel isn’t a very productive stream (it’s blocked from the Copper River by a waterfall, which adversely affects the stream’s biomass), it is one of the most beautiful creeks in southcentral Alaska, offering small but pretty Dollies as well as a number of great places to pull-in, camp and relax for the night. There are likewise plenty of camp-worthy lake settings along the way, including Worthington, Blueberry and Thompson in particular, while just before arriving in Valdez anglers can drop in for some action on the Lowe River. Closed to salmon fishing, the Lowe does offer some seasonally strong fishing for Dolly Varden, especially anywhere its several clearwater tributaries meet the mainstem."
                  Last edited by Vestalpatience; 09-17-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I think a blueberry is a type of Huckleberry. I’m not sure though. Alaska is the 49th State and in February your snot freezes to the point where you can crack it off and throw it at your friends. So there’s that.

Comment

Baked Alaska is a good blaze... with Browned meringue on top.
                      Just yummy and indulgent
                      ______

Comment

Well, Port Valdez is a place where lots of things HALT, water and ships. Its also known as the Valdez Glacier Valley- warm water would stop when it becomes a glacier.
                        I believe the treasure is found using a map NOT copious amounts of history lessons and research to back it up. So for me, this could easily be Valdez or even Glacier NP if you wanna think of it that way.
                        Oh ok, thanks! I am unfamiliar with Alaska and didn't know about the HALT part of it. I agree that you don't need history lessons or 'specialized knowledge' to solve the poem.

Comment

Funny
                          Looks like maybe not. In that case I admire your creative thinking

Comment

Originally posted by anonymoussearcher View Post

Looks like maybe not. In that case I admire your creative thinking
                            Thanks!

Comment

Have you considered changing one letter and getting Akaska?
                              Maybe some research Old Evarts and New Evarts
                              It's below Sitting Bull's (maybe) burial spot/birthplace.
                              Something interesting happened there on Suoer Bowl Sunday 1980. I grew up nearby, and have never found any actual names associated with this event but it's the hole I'm chasing today.

This is along the 1804/1806 trail for Lewis & Clark if that matters at all.

If I was looking for Sitting Bull's peace pipe that's a place that would have been of interest to me.

Sadly Mr. Sherwood is no longer with us, but his wife may be.

Comment

Working...
                              X