Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEAD SEARCHER UNMASKED ...

LEAD SEARCHER UNMASKED ... FINALLY!!!

I can't believe this ... alot of weird things happen in my life, but this may in fact be THE WEIRDEST ... So I've been reading alot about this LEAD SEARCHER guy. Long story short, I'm pretty sure I stumbled upon him one evening last summer. Let me explain ...

Okay, last summer I was visiting my sister-in-law. She divorced my brother a few years back and sense then we've had what you might call an apistolairy relation. It escalated into her mailing me some of her old lingere, which put me on the next plain out west. Long story there. I'll spare you the details. Thing is, I wasn't even doing anything related to The Chase. I was just going to pay a visit to family. That all came later for me. The Chase, that is. Like I said, I was just visiting family. Anywho, I fly out to visit my EX-sister-in-law. Totally above board for all y'all haters lookin' to sling shade, which unfortunately has happened in the past. YES, we met at a family reunion. YES, she was still married to my brother ... at the time. But at that moment all we did was square dance a lil bit and make eyes at one another. We'd had some moonshine, but not enough for things to get too out of hand. So ... That's ALLLL y'all. I wouldn't even be talkin about this if it was somethin more or if anything untoward had happened. And if you'd ever seen me dosey-dow, you'd understand how sparks might be prone to fly. Anyhow -- she's an ex-ballerina and I've got the gout, so basically all we agreed to in the letters was to NOT EAT PORK and rub one another's feet. That's it. So I made the trip out. Well, one night we was drinkin some wine out on her back porch -- her neighbor had gifted it to us along with the most delicious home-baked meatloaf. It wasn't until the next day I found out that meatloaf had 25% ground pork in it and rumor has it a bit of possum too, but more on that later ... Anyway, so we're sittin on the porch, just sippin mullberrry wine and enjoyin' a coolin breeze. This was middle of June when the days were long and sticky. So as we're sittin there bearin about all but our poor gnarly feet, alls a sudden I hear somethin' wrustlin up the bushes along side her house. What's that? she says to me. Well, about that time the wrustlin stopped. Then it started back up again. This went on for two or four minutes. Then somethin commenced to makin a knockin' sound slammin up gainst the side of the house. That's about when I made my mind up this wasn't no coon or possum, so I was goin in to take a closer look. Well, I grabbed the nearest weapon, which happened to be a snapped-off broom stick leanin against the side of the house, and I came down the steps and rounded the corner not knowin what to expect. My ex-sister-in-law's bushes aren't the cute little manicured type. These things are Amazonian. Look like they hadn't been trimmed in about 12 years. So alls I could see is the big ole bushes a shakin, and some pattern not very natural like up in the midst -- red and green ... flannel. "Come out with yer hands in the air!" was what I shouted. i held that broomstick just like it was the long end of a sawed off. Just for effect. Well, out of them bushes came a sight for sore eyes. Strange lookin feller. His head was slicker than a cue ball. His eyes big and blue and half-crossed it looked to me. They appeared all the bigger by virtue of the fact that he was wearin some busted coke-bottle-bottom glasses that made him look half insect / half man, like some Greek myth gone all wrong. His flannel was ripped and the man was dirty all over. His cueball head was sunburnt blood orange, and he looked like he'd been wallowin in mud, bedding down like a darn pig. I can't imagine when he mighta last changed them clothes. He kept mutterin somethin about "Home of Brown" and "Water High," but I didn't pay him no mind cause this feller wasn't right in the head, you could just tell. I could go on an on about the laminated sheet of paper he held in his hand that looked like some type of poem overlaid on a map, or the compasses tied around his neck, I believe I counted three. He had a big thick belt around his waste, and about every 4 inches there was a big canister of somethin. I thought he mighta been a bug man, but lookin back on the matter now that I'm a certified treasure hunter and all, I'm sure them canisters was BEAR SPRAY. Well I chased that fella up outta there madder than a hornet, cause me and my honey was just gettin to the point of some foot rubbin, or at least it sure felt that way, wine and all. I chased him on down the street till the gout in my toes screamed HALT. Then I went back to the porch, but by that time the mood was all washed up. That feller came back circlin around the house musta been 6 or 7 times, before I finally shoed him off for good. I didn't think much of it all at the time. Well now that I look back, ya know what the name on the Mailbox of my ex-sister-in-law's house is? BROWN! And ya know what street she lives on? BERRY ST. But not just any Berry St. It's at the intersection where BERRY St meets PEAK and SUMMIT, just down from ROCK. I mean, this n.hood is rife with Fenn clues more than any I've ever seen. But here's the good part ... what city do you think this all happened in?

LEAD South Dakota!!!!!

I'm not even kiddin' y'all! Ya can't make this stuff up! This guy is literally the LEAD Searcher. Folks around the neighborhood said he started showin' up in peoples' yards around 2011 -- if that doesn't line up enough for ya, he carries around a map of Fenn's poem, which he keeps laminated and chained to his ankle cause he sleeps out in the rain and elements, and he's always heard mutterin' phrases like "heavy loads" (usually on Rock St) and "Water High" (on Summit St). There's a "Mathew St." which he calls "no place for the meek" -- the past few years rumor has it he's confined his searches almost exclusively to BERRY Street. Neighbors say he mainly lives off berries that grow in that n.hood. Some sweet old widows leave him out bowls of milk and cornbread or various other leftovers. A few in the neighborhood even have Faith in him and swear he's gonna be the one to find that treasure. I personally don't think that's accurate, because as I understand it, S. Dakota is outta play. BUT, to his defense, LEAD S.D. is right at the BORDERLINE of WYOMING. He swears that from Wyoming LEAD SD is "far" ... "but not too far to walk" and that he finds it "to Wy I must go" -- apparently he used to live in Wyoming just across the line, but once he heard about Fenn's treasure, he hitched rides on over with nothin but the clothes on his back, compasses and bear spray, and dedicated himself to searchin' this one spot. I don't mind this fella, as long as he stays out of my sweeties' yard, specially when we're enjoying a romantic evening just us two. The poor guy has sores and welts all over his skin. Some think he's allergic to them berries, but he refuses to stop eatin them, says they give him good luck. If he's the picture of luck, I'll take my chances elsewhere.

I couldn't get a good picture of him, cause he runs and hunkers when ya point and shoot. Illusive little fella! BUT, a neighbor lured him in one night with a tale about the Blaze and got him to sit still long enough to get the below shot which was sent to me in a letter by my sweetie. I might comb the neighborhood for clues next time I visit family, but for now, I'm confining my search to Browns Canyon and Yellowstone where the Barley lies.

What does make this LEAD city spot a bit interesting is it's proximaty to Wyoming (not far, but too far too walk), nearby spots like WHITEwood, DEADwood, and last but not least CROOK City, where many a POKER game has ended in LEAD Poisoning (not from water, but from two consultants named Smith and Wesson if you catch my drift, not driftwood, but driftLEAD). There's a SPARKS Street and STONE St both of which could be HEAVY LOADS or OMEGAS being RESISTANCE makes SPARKS fly, just like my line dancing -- and YES, there's a CANYON Street. Bleeker Street of course Rhymes with MEEKER, but not a strong lead IMO that one reads rather bleek, HIGH Street I already searched and found only two possible waters high, IRIS ST I thought could be the BLAZE if viewed from above because it has a lot of flowers. Look at the last map below to see all this -- it's really too unbelievable that around BERRY ST in LEAD sd all this exists. Maybe out of play, maybe too much for mere coincidence.

*There's a CEMETERY St too. I know ff told us not to search IN a CEMETERY, but did he ever say not to search ON a Cemetery STREET??? #THINKABOUTIT

My sweetie and her neighbors, mostly retirees, believe that in recent posts Forrest is scolding this poor man to stay away from berries he is allergic to. After seeing him up close, it sure sounds like solid advice. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna find this treasure, but if for some crazy reason I don't, heck, I hope he gets it.
    Last edited by A Leach; 09-11-2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Who would pose readily for such a picture?
      Ships sink when lips are loose.
      Be careful of a gift goose...
      https://youtu.be/OjAYxpXUklc
      E<

Comment

We’re heading up Schitt’s Creek Mary.

Comment

I would love to read a Readers Digest version of this....

Comment

It's good to have a writer inside. (That said,) This off-season will be hella long.

Comment

Originally posted by A Leach View Post

I can't believe this ... alot of weird things happen in my life, but this may in fact be THE WEIRDEST ... So I've been reading alot about this LEAD SEARCHER guy. Long story short, I'm pretty sure I stumbled upon him one evening last summer. Let me explain ...

Okay, last summer I was visiting my sister-in-law. She divorced my brother a few years back and sense then we've had what you might call an apistolairy relation. It escalated into her mailing me some of her old lingere, which put me on the next plain out west. Long story there. I'll spare you the details. Thing is, I wasn't even doing anything related to The Chase. I was just going to pay a visit to family. That all came later for me. The Chase, that is. Like I said, I was just visiting family. Anywho, I fly out to visit my EX-sister-in-law. Totally above board for all y'all haters lookin' to sling shade, which unfortunately has happened in the past. YES, we met at a family reunion. YES, she was still married to my brother ... at the time. But at that moment all we did was square dance a lil bit and make eyes at one another. We'd had some moonshine, but not enough for things to get too out of hand. So ... That's ALLLL y'all. I wouldn't even be talkin about this if it was somethin more or if anything untoward had happened. And if you'd ever seen me dosey-dow, you'd understand how sparks might be prone to fly. Anyhow -- she's an ex-ballerina and I've got the gout, so basically all we agreed to in the letters was to NOT EAT PORK and rub one another's feet. That's it. So I made the trip out. Well, one night we was drinkin some wine out on her back porch -- her neighbor had gifted it to us along with the most delicious home-baked meatloaf. It wasn't until the next day I found out that meatloaf had 25% ground pork in it and rumor has it a bit of possum too, but more on that later ... Anyway, so we're sittin on the porch, just sippin mullberrry wine and enjoyin' a coolin breeze. This was middle of June when the days were long and sticky. So as we're sittin there bearin about all but our poor gnarly feet, alls a sudden I hear somethin' wrustlin up the bushes along side her house. What's that? she says to me. Well, about that time the wrustlin stopped. Then it started back up again. This went on for two or four minutes. Then somethin commenced to makin a knockin' sound slammin up gainst the side of the house. That's about when I made my mind up this wasn't no coon or possum, so I was goin in to take a closer look. Well, I grabbed the nearest weapon, which happened to be a snapped-off broom stick leanin against the side of the house, and I came down the steps and rounded the corner not knowin what to expect. My ex-sister-in-law's bushes aren't the cute little manicured type. These things are Amazonian. Look like they hadn't been trimmed in about 12 years. So alls I could see is the big ole bushes a shakin, and some pattern not very natural like up in the midst -- red and green ... flannel. "Come out with yer hands in the air!" was what I shouted. i held that broomstick just like it was the long end of a sawed off. Just for effect. Well, out of them bushes came a sight for sore eyes. Strange lookin feller. His head was slicker than a cue ball. His eyes big and blue and half-crossed it looked to me. They appeared all the bigger by virtue of the fact that he was wearin some busted coke-bottle-bottom glasses that made him look half insect / half man, like some Greek myth gone all wrong. His flannel was ripped and the man was dirty all over. His cueball head was sunburnt blood orange, and he looked like he'd been wallowin in mud, bedding down like a darn pig. I can't imagine when he mighta last changed them clothes. He kept mutterin somethin about "Home of Brown" and "Water High," but I didn't pay him no mind cause this feller wasn't right in the head, you could just tell. I could go on an on about the laminated sheet of paper he held in his hand that looked like some type of poem overlaid on a map, or the compasses tied around his neck, I believe I counted three. He had a big thick belt around his waste, and about every 4 inches there was a big canister of somethin. I thought he mighta been a bug man, but lookin back on the matter now that I'm a certified treasure hunter and all, I'm sure them canisters was BEAR SPRAY. Well I chased that fella up outta there madder than a hornet, cause me and my honey was just gettin to the point of some foot rubbin, or at least it sure felt that way, wine and all. I chased him on down the street till the gout in my toes screamed HALT. Then I went back to the porch, but by that time the mood was all washed up. That feller came back circlin around the house musta been 6 or 7 times, before I finally shoed him off for good. I didn't think much of it all at the time. Well now that I look back, ya know what the name on the Mailbox of my ex-sister-in-law's house is? BROWN! And ya know what street she lives on? BERRY ST. But not just any Berry St. It's at the intersection where BERRY St meets PEAK and SUMMIT, just down from ROCK. I mean, this n.hood is rife with Fenn clues more than any I've ever seen. But here's the good part ... what city do you think this all happened in?

LEAD South Dakota!!!!!

I'm not even kiddin' y'all! Ya can't make this stuff up! This guy is literally the LEAD Searcher. Folks around the neighborhood said he started showin' up in peoples' yards around 2011 -- if that doesn't line up enough for ya, he carries around a map of Fenn's poem, which he keeps laminated and chained to his ankle cause he sleeps out in the rain and elements, and he's always heard mutterin' phrases like "heavy loads" (usually on Rock St) and "Water High" (on Summit St). There's a "Mathew St." which he calls "no place for the meek" -- the past few years rumor has it he's confined his searches almost exclusively to BERRY Street. Neighbors say he mainly lives off berries that grow in that n.hood. Some sweet old widows leave him out bowls of milk and cornbread or various other leftovers. A few in the neighborhood even have Faith in him and swear he's gonna be the one to find that treasure. I personally don't think that's accurate, because as I understand it, S. Dakota is outta play. BUT, to his defense, LEAD S.D. is right at the BORDERLINE of WYOMING. He swears that from Wyoming LEAD SD is "far" ... "but not too far to walk" and that he finds it "to Wy I must go" -- apparently he used to live in Wyoming just across the line, but once he heard about Fenn's treasure, he hitched rides on over with nothin but the clothes on his back, compasses and bear spray, and dedicated himself to searchin' this one spot. I don't mind this fella, as long as he stays out of my sweeties' yard, specially when we're enjoying a romantic evening just us two. The poor guy has sores and welts all over his skin. Some think he's allergic to them berries, but he refuses to stop eatin them, says they give him good luck. If he's the picture of luck, I'll take my chances elsewhere.

I couldn't get a good picture of him, cause he runs and hunkers when ya point and shoot. Illusive little fella! BUT, a neighbor lured him in one night with a tale about the Blaze and got him to sit still long enough to get the below shot which was sent to me in a letter by my sweetie. I might comb the neighborhood for clues next time I visit family, but for now, I'm confining my search to Browns Canyon and Yellowstone where the Barley lies.

What does make this LEAD city spot a bit interesting is it's proximaty to Wyoming (not far, but too far too walk), nearby spots like WHITEwood, DEADwood, and last but not least CROOK City, where many a POKER game has ended in LEAD Poisoning (not from water, but from two consultants named Smith and Wesson if you catch my drift, not driftwood, but driftLEAD). There's a SPARKS Street and STONE St both of which could be HEAVY LOADS or OMEGAS being RESISTANCE makes SPARKS fly, just like my line dancing -- and YES, there's a CANYON Street. Bleeker Street of course Rhymes with MEEKER, but not a strong lead IMO that one reads rather bleek, HIGH Street I already searched and found only two possible waters high, IRIS ST I thought could be the BLAZE if viewed from above because it has a lot of flowers. Look at the last map below to see all this -- it's really too unbelievable that around BERRY ST in LEAD sd all this exists. Maybe out of play, maybe too much for mere coincidence.

*There's a CEMETERY St too. I know ff told us not to search IN a CEMETERY, but did he ever say not to search ON a Cemetery STREET??? #THINKABOUTIT

My sweetie and her neighbors, mostly retirees, believe that in recent posts Forrest is scolding this poor man to stay away from berries he is allergic to. After seeing him up close, it sure sounds like solid advice. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna find this treasure, but if for some crazy reason I don't, heck, I hope he gets it.
              Chris Elliott is the lead searcher?

Active solves: 1 Abandoned solves: 0 Search state: NM Search trips: 7 Days spent BotG: 29

Comment

From Mysterious Writings~
                Surprise words from Forrest:
                “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” ~Mark Twain

Reminds me of~
                Conceited ignorance is the great obstacle to philosophy, because no one seeks to know what he thinks he already knows (Meno 84). This is why it is better to be ignorant but aware that you are ignorant than to think you know things that you don't know (Apology 22d-e). Furthermore, that state of awareness is the sum of human wisdom as Socrates came to understand...

...best to be humble.
                https://youtu.be/_EJXOuUQgKg

Last edited by Castellaw1685; 09-12-2019, 11:09 AM.
                E<

Comment

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing ~Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post
                    From Mysterious Writings~
                    Surprise words from Forrest:
                    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” ~Mark Twain

Reminds me of~
                    Conceited ignorance is the great obstacle to philosophy, because no one seeks to know what he thinks he already knows (Meno 84). This is why it is better to be ignorant but aware that you are ignorant than to think you know things that you don't know (Apology 22d-e). Furthermore, that state of awareness is the sum of human wisdom as Socrates came to understand...

...best to be humble.
                    https://youtu.be/_EJXOuUQgKg
                    Castellaw, you echo the sentiments of one of my favorite thinkers -- "If truth be a woman, what then ..."

Comment

Originally posted by M E H View Post

Chris Elliott is the lead searcher?
                      That must mean his "sweety" is Cameron Diaz........What's the address of your sweety in lead SD?

Comment

Castellaw, you echo the sentiments of one of my favorite thinkers -- "If truth be a woman, what then ..."
                        ...far too long concealed under a veil.
                        we be not here, lest a woman avail.

(just my little addition..)
                        E<

Comment

Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post

...far too long concealed under a veil.
                          we be not here, lest a woman avail.

(just my little addition..)
                          Apropos. One of my other favorite thinkers: Simone Weil. She wrote like she was 90 but died at 34. Some stars shine too bright for this world.

Comment

LEAD South Dakota!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy (5).gif
Views:	298
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	116550 ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Rorschach.Tested View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy (5).gif
Views:	298
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	116550 ​​​​