TTOTC Page 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTOTC Page 99

The picture has the initials JF on the bottom right hand side. Any idea why?

10-6
    E<

Comment

In my solve if I stand at the blaze it's identical to the landscape on 99. I've heard a lot of people saying it's Joker Fenn, definitely seems like a Fenn drawing to me.

Comment

JF stands for John Flint, the character from the novel Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. In the book, the treasure map bears the same initials JF.

Comment

Originally posted by Dryw2015 View Post
          In my solve if I stand at the blaze it's identical to the landscape on 99. I've heard a lot of people saying it's Joker Fenn, definitely seems like a Fenn drawing to me.
          Indeed, the drawing has an identically matched landscape....imo

Comment

Something like this?

Comment

Pretty good but i think this one might top it. Look at the shape i circled and compare the drawing.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dryw2015 View Post
                Pretty good but i think this one might top it. Look at the shape i circled and compare the drawing.
                Looks identical to me.
                Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mbnvmhx.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	116112Click image for larger version  Name:	HWBPcuo.jpg Views:	1 Size:	224.8 KB ID:	116111
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 1keyword; 09-11-2019, 03:14 AM.

Comment

What Russell saw in Yellowstone affected him deeply. He had reverent memories of one place in particular, a "Secluded Valley," located on the Lamar River near the mouth of Soda Butte Creek.
                    There is something in the wild romantic scenery of this valley which I cannot. . . describe; but the impressions made upon my mind while gazing from a high eminence on the surrounding landscape one evening as the sun was gently gliding behind the western mountain and casting its gigantic shadows across the vale were such as time can never efface from my memory . . . for my own part I almost wished I could spend the remainder of my days in a place like this where happiness and contentment seemed to reign in wild romantic splendor.

Comment

There could be a million canyons like that 8.25 miles north of Santa Fe. If you read a book using pictures, you best go back to to Where Warm Waters Halt.

Comment

3,4-5 / 6,8-10 / 12,16-20. The long leg is key.

Comment

I thought JF was someone he was in service with?

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer2019 View Post
                            If you read a book using pictures, you best go back to to Where Warm Waters Halt.
                            FENN : Illustrations can say so much more than words can say in some instances.
                            https://www.tarryscant.com/search.php

Comment

Yes, was a fellow service man. Fenn tried to find him. Note that Fenn did redraw the fan shape from the original. At least this is How I’ve settled or researched it.The treasure is in a similar landscape as others have stated.

Comment

Working...
                              X