Curious What If.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious What If.

Hypothetically, tomorrow you wake up and cannot find any of your Fenn books or research or any additional books read or media bought specifically for your Chase. Your Chase related BOTG souvenirs are missing, though you have postcards and other paraphernalia from your recent BOTG trips. Any Chase related T-shirts or board games or searcher coins or any other physical stuff is unable to be found. Your car shows the mileage to your destination, but there is no location data on your (or any) phone that can help prove your off-trail hike. Your browser history is empty of Chase related search, but the rest is there. Your backup is the same. Your backup’s backup is the same. To the 11th iteration of backups: It’s as if you had never searched for a single Chase term, yet it appears tangentially related searches spawned by the Chase are still intact.
    You know for a fact that you have talked about Fenn’s treasure hunt with several different people to different degree, yet when you now bring it up, no one knows what you are talking about. Specific conversations either via text or voice have been scrubbed, and yet the remainder conversations in between remain. An internet search reveals no websites or forums or news articles. The paper magazines no longer contain mention. The people who did the interviews or YouTube channels or wrote books have no idea what you’re asking about and have never heard of Fenn or the Chase. The ISBNs are now defunct and ‘unallocated’. The URLs are either something else entirely or are available domain names and have been for years. When you finally stalk Fenn down and ask the author (for he has written several books- just nothing about the Chase) widhigo (what in the hockey is going on)- he looks at you with a curious minded empathy, but clearly has no idea what “treasure” you’re referring to, nor does he seem to be lying when telling you flat out he has no idea what you’re talking about.
    What is your most likely reaction? Only one option per handle please. Responses not public- this is for science and curiosity.
    You are relieved.
    20.00%
    You are distressed.
    20.00%
    You are both.
    10.00%
    You are neither.
    0%
    You are ambivalent.
    10.00%
    a. You acknowledge the change and go on.
    10.00%
    b. You flip your lid.
    10.00%
    Both a and b.
    0%
    Neither a nor b.
    0%
    Other, please comment why.
    20.00%

LOL - I start looking around for Rod Sterling......

Comment

I make a stat urgent appointment with a Psychiatrist

Comment

I would think that I had added to much lime to the coconut the night before and the cup of coffee I am drinking needs to be tenfold!
        I wish I were in an Irish shanty, where water is scarce and whiskey is plenty.
        A three legged stool and a table to match,
        And the hidden door below was where the stash.

Comment

I think the major mistake most searchers make is that they don't stick with the exact quote Mr. Fenn said. For instance, I believe this thread should have been entitled considering the "What Ifs" The s is important. Then you can make the anagram "wash fit". It doesn't work without the s. Changing 66,000 to 8.25 miles completely destroys the hint. IMO only
          1f

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
            Hypothetically, tomorrow you wake up and cannot find any of your Fenn books or research or any additional books read or media bought specifically for your Chase. Your Chase related BOTG souvenirs are missing, though you have postcards and other paraphernalia from your recent BOTG trips. Any Chase related T-shirts or board games or searcher coins or any other physical stuff is unable to be found. Your car shows the mileage to your destination, but there is no location data on your (or any) phone that can help prove your off-trail hike. Your browser history is empty of Chase related search, but the rest is there. Your backup is the same. Your backup’s backup is the same. To the 11th iteration of backups: It’s as if you had never searched for a single Chase term, yet it appears tangentially related searches spawned by the Chase are still intact.
            You know for a fact that you have talked about Fenn’s treasure hunt with several different people to different degree, yet when you now bring it up, no one knows what you are talking about. Specific conversations either via text or voice have been scrubbed, and yet the remainder conversations in between remain. An internet search reveals no websites or forums or news articles. The paper magazines no longer contain mention. The people who did the interviews or YouTube channels or wrote books have no idea what you’re asking about and have never heard of Fenn or the Chase. The ISBNs are now defunct and ‘unallocated’. The URLs are either something else entirely or are available domain names and have been for years. When you finally stalk Fenn down and ask the author (for he has written several books- just nothing about the Chase) widhigo (what in the hockey is going on)- he looks at you with a curious minded empathy, but clearly has no idea what “treasure” you’re referring to, nor does he seem to be lying when telling you flat out he has no idea what you’re talking about.
            What is your most likely reaction? Only one option per handle please. Responses not public- this is for science and curiosity.
            What if you had a freak bicycle accident during a global power outage and you woke up and found out that the Beatles never existed. Your a musician who happens to know the lyrics to all the Beatles songs and overnight you become a world wide sensation. Hey dude, doody doody doody doody. Interesting idea for a movie.
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
            --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

What if you had a freak bicycle accident during a global power outage and you woke up and found out that the Beatles never existed. Your a musician who happens to know the lyrics to all the Beatles songs and overnight you become a world wide sensation. Hey dude, doody doody doody doody. Interesting idea for a movie.
              And who would you have star in it? How 'bout Cary Grant.

Comment

Do searchers poop in the woods?

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo View Post
                  Do searchers poop in the woods?
                  I know they pee.....where else would warm waters halt?

Comment

I would be distressed, because it would be obvious that the universe is messing with my mind. Also, not knowing if the solve that I "had" was a good one or not would really haunt me.

I'm in a good place regarding the search right now. I don't have the resources to do any BOTGs any time soon, and I feel like God shut me down the last few times I tried. I think my solve is close, but I'm not going to be allowed to find it or the timing isn't right. Sometimes you just cannot fight the Powers.

On the plus side, finally getting a handle on some serious health issues that were really dragging me down, and which had me drained of energy the last couple BOTGs. Maybe I'm in a rebuilding season, and maybe something good will happen later on. Or maybe not, but I can hope, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit View Post
                      I would be distressed, because it would be obvious that the universe is messing with my mind. Also, not knowing if the solve that I "had" was a good one or not would really haunt me.

I'm in a good place regarding the search right now. I don't have the resources to do any BOTGs any time soon, and I feel like God shut me down the last few times I tried. I think my solve is close, but I'm not going to be allowed to find it or the timing isn't right. Sometimes you just cannot fight the Powers.

On the plus side, finally getting a handle on some serious health issues that were really dragging me down, and which had me drained of energy the last couple BOTGs. Maybe I'm in a rebuilding season, and maybe something good will happen later on. Or maybe not, but I can hope, I guess.
                      Sometimes merely hoping isn't enough. Have you considered spending almost all your time praying?

Comment

And he realized praying was the only thing
                        That he hadn't ever tried
                        Well he wasn't sure he knew quite how
                        But he looked up to the sky
                        Said you don't owe me nothing and as far as I know
                        Lord don't owe nothing to you
                        And I ain't asking for a miracle Lord
                        Just a little bit of luck will do
                        And you know I ain't never prayed before
                        But it always seemed to me
                        If praying is the same as begging Lord