Emails from Forrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails from Forrest

Hey guys, this is my first post to the forum but I've been browsing for years.

I'm curious how many have sent their solves to Forrest or other emails and received replies. I have sent Forrest multiple emails with what i believeto be the final location as the subject line and I received multiple replies or at least a read receipt. Just curious if this has happened to you guys before and your thoughts on if it means anything.

I email Forrest quite frequently but do not know if he reads everything I send. For all I know, it could all go directly to his trash can. It's more of a cathartic experience for myself than anything else. So, I do not know if I'm the lead searcher or not. I like to think so, but I suffer from confirmation bias on a daily basis.

Comment

I never get an email reply even when I send him a joke or two but I'm pretty sure he reads thru some or at least scans thru them

Comment

I have been doing this for a while and I remember him saying in an interview that he searches his emails for key words. I don't remember the source for this. I'm wondering for him to have replied to so many of mine that maybe the location as the subject line caught his eye for one reason or another.

I'm not sure about the lead searcher part, because confirmation is the hardest part of the chase IMO. I sent him an email about a fish I caught at my secret spot (location subject line) and then he posted those questions about the guy with the fishing hat and his secret fishing spot. He also replied saying wow that fish must have weighed 30 lbs. Another weird one was when I sent him an update that I'd be going out with a metal detector and he did another question on mysterious writings about a metal detector helping.

I should mention my first email to him was Nov 2017, first botg was Jan 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Dryw2015 View Post
          I have been doing this for a while and I remember him saying in an interview that he searches his emails for key words. I don't remember the source for this. I'm wondering for him to have replied to so many of mine that maybe the location as the subject line caught his eye for one reason or another.

I'm not sure about the lead searcher part, because confirmation is the hardest part of the chase IMO. I sent him an email about a fish I caught at my secret spot (location subject line) and then he posted those questions about the guy with the fishing hat and his secret fishing spot. He also replied saying wow that fish must have weighed 30 lbs. Another weird one was when I sent him an update that I'd be going out with a metal detector and he did another question on mysterious writings about a metal detector helping.

I should mention my first email to him was Nov 2017, first botg was Jan 2018.
          Sounds like you should have this thing about wrapped up if f is commenting or replying to your search before you go..

Comment

Originally posted by Dryw2015 View Post
            Hey guys, this is my first post to the forum but I've been browsing for years.

I'm curious how many have sent their solves to Forrest or other emails and received replies. I have sent Forrest multiple emails with what i believeto be the final location as the subject line and I received multiple replies or at least a read receipt. Just curious if this has happened to you guys before and your thoughts on if it means anything.
            I have sent FF two solves, or at least partial solves, and also asked questions but never heard a peep. Maybe he doesn't like Canadians.?

Comment

I've been in the Chase for over 4 years. I don't email-bomb Forrest. (Rude and a bit presumptuous to do so, imo). I've emailed him a handful of times in all those years, on one occasion having nothing to do with the Chase. Forrest has never replied. I take that as a very positive sign because I told him where and why I was searching where I was. I know of very few searchers who have *never* received a reply from Forrest.

What I like best is that If I ever find the treasure, no one can possibly claim I had inside information.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                I've been in the Chase for over 4 years. I don't email-bomb Forrest. (Rude and a bit presumptuous to do so, imo). I've emailed him a handful of times in all those years, on one occasion having nothing to do with the Chase. Forrest has never replied. I take that as a very positive sign because I told him where and why I was searching where I was. I know of very few searchers who have *never* received a reply from Forrest.

What I like best is that If I ever find the treasure, no one can possibly claim I had inside information.
                I'm one of those who has never received a reply. I used to keep FF abreast of my search plans and experiences, but have done so far less in the last year or so (I've been at it six years now, would you believe?) Trouble is, Zap, my location is nowhere near yours, and so I don't think we can read much into the "no reply" scenario.

Comment

Whenever I try to interpret ff's communications or lack thereof, I simply apply the "Santa Clause." Let me explain ...
                  You see Forrest, in his silence, says 'naught.' What you are referencing -- ff's lack of a reply actually saying something quite BIG, reminds me of the quote "make your silence SCREAM!" Maybe ff is doing just that ... if less is more, maybe none is ALL? So then, by virtue of the fact ff has NEVER replied to you, it could follow that you are making him SCREAM affirmation (in silence).

(aside: please don't apply this "no means yes" interpretation to any relationship other than ff ... )

Doesn't Santa keep a list -- Naughty and Nice?

Maybe when you are on ff's list of searchers he says 'nothing' (NAUGHT) to via E-Mail, you have made his NAUGHT-E list! Which, contrary to how it sounds, is actually quite NICE!
                  Or maybe he just has a spam blocker and you keep landing in it. Who knows -- Really at this point, anything is possible.

And please don't ever think, even for a minute, that just because you are well behaving, it will prevent others from making fowl claims.

Whoever finds that treasure is gonna have heaps of coals rain down on their head from all directions. Uncle Sam, other searchers, jealous haters, bitter old lovers, maybe even a primary school playground rival or two will come out of the woodworks to stake a claim. The lead searcher may be sitting in front of the chest at this very moment, trembling at the pregnant possibilities of opening Pandora's Box ...
                  Last edited by A Leach; 09-11-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I’ve heard from him fairly recently. His response was upbeat and I was encouraged. Still not sure I’m doing it right, but it was nice to be acknowledged.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

I'm one of those who has never received a reply. I used to keep FF abreast of my search plans and experiences, but have done so far less in the last year or so (I've been at it six years now, would you believe?) Trouble is, Zap, my location is nowhere near yours, and so I don't think we can read much into the "no reply" scenario.
                      Hi Voxpops: I don't really read anything into Forrest's silence. I simply enjoy that I'm apparently (?) not in the majority. Might be an interesting searcher survey: how many times has Forrest emailed you? Would probably have to subdivide it by number of times a searcher had emailed him: once, twice, 5 or less times, 6-10, 11-20, 21-50, 50+.

Comment

Hi Voxpops: I don't really read anything into Forrest's silence. I simply enjoy that I'm apparently (?) not in the majority. Might be an interesting searcher survey: how many times has Forrest emailed you? Would probably have to subdivide it by number of times a searcher had emailed him: once, twice, 5 or less times, 6-10, 11-20, 21-50, 50+.
                        Zap, your post prompted me to do a quick search on my pc and, embarrassingly, my total number of emails to Forrest is substantially more than 50.

What could be even more embarrassing is that I believe he saves all the emails he receives. There's a good chunk of our lives - and follies - right there on his hard drive!

Comment

what if you sent your solve to one r forrest, since may, then all these weird fgm and sbs came out, after f said he was stepping away? It gave me lead dog syndrome, which is a very painful mental dis at ease.

Comment

here's something you can try.. and perhaps the mythical LS has already done this... email f an update of your progress to get a public response.. but the only way you can prove he is responding is to be able to predict with in a day or two when the public response will hit the news stand and so you have to be able to let a few people know in secret that you are predicting the new SB or FGM or news article of some type is coming our way. But now that I have made this idea public (if f is trolling) it won't happen. But someone that is playing f's game could have already done this with out f realizing because after all you just can't think of everything even if you try.

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post
                              here's something you can try.. and perhaps the mythical LS has already done this... email f an update of your progress to get a public response.. but the only way you can prove he is responding is to be able to predict with in a day or two when the public response will hit the news stand and so you have to be able to let a few people know in secret that you are predicting the new SB or FGM or news article of some type is coming our way. But now that I have made this idea public (if f is trolling) it won't happen. But someone that is playing f's game could have already done this with out f realizing because after all you just can't think of everything even if you try.
                              What about the email hackers? I've never actually sent my full solve to Forrest, mainly because I'm paranoid someone might steal it!

Comment

Working...
                              X