Wernher von Braun - HOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wernher von Braun - HOB

This is not a definite solution to HOB, but more an example of an unliteral way to approach a clue.

Wernher von Braun
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun

Was assimilated into NASA, where he served as director of the newly formed Marshall Space Flight Center and as the chief architect of the Saturn V super heavy-lift launch vehicle that propelled the Apollo spacecraft to the Moon
    'Only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key. f'

To be in tight focus is to home in on something.
    Home as in homing missile & Home as in destination.

Then you could say the destination of Von Brauns 'missile' was the moon.

That would make the bird in the picture a homing pigeon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pidgeon.jpg Views:	2 Size:	45.1 KB ID:	115844

So quite easily we have HOB as the moon, which presents us with 'Put in below the Moon'

What is Over the Moon? Happiness
    So what is Below the Moon? Sadness

So you could then, still very easily say, that 'Put in below the Moon' could be a place called Blue Pier or Despondent Dock.
    Blue Pier would be good, because it's nautical in various ways, and could mean the flag 'Blue Peter' (french unknown soldier)

The whole clue 'Put in below the home of Brown' becomes simply two words - Blue Pier, which would be easy to marry to a map.

But wait there's more!

If you take 'Put in' to mean 'place' you can get (just for example) Blue Moon Place

and the most fun one to show how literal or not the poem might be is,

If you take 'Put in' to mean fill, or filled, or full - and 'below' to mean 'bellow' you can get

Bellow the Full Moooooon which in turn could be a place with the name Wolfs Cry (cry wolf) or Werewolf (Wolf Weir) or even god forbid Yellowstone

Now before you have a negative kneejerk reaction to me and this simple multilayered method, just remember this treasure has not been found and ff did say it would take a Maverick to solve it.
    Last edited by BiggishShoes; 09-09-2019, 02:54 AM.
    The man said it himself...
    'Leave my TROLLS for all to seek'
    19.25 on
    https://youtu.be/8RzrIu3hMec?t=1165
    'So hear me all and listen good' *panic*

I also believe in the idea of a crossword puzzle clue type solve. Check out my post on moon references and Forrest’s uncanny connection. I’d like to hear your thoughts on it.

https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...stronaut-solve

Comment

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post
      This is not a definite solution to HOB, but more an example of an unliteral way to approach a clue.

Wernher von Braun

Click image for larger version Name:	pidgeon.jpg Views:	2 Size:	45.1 KB ID:	115844

So quite easily we have HOB as the moon, which presents us with 'Put in below the Moon'

So you could then, still very easily say, that 'Put in below the Moon' could be a place called Blue Pier or Despondent Dock.
      Blue Pier would be good, because it's nautical in various ways, and could mean the flag 'Blue Peter' (french unknown soldier)

The whole clue 'Put in below the home of Brown' becomes simply two words - Blue Pier, which would be easy to marry to a map.

But wait there's more!

If you take 'Put in' to mean 'place' you can get (just for example) Blue Moon Place

If you take 'Put in' to mean fill, or filled, or full - and 'below' to mean 'bellow' you can get

Bellow the Full Moooooon which in turn could be a place with the name Wolfs Cry (cry wolf) or Werewolf (Wolf Weir) or even god forbid Yellowstone

Now before you have a negative kneejerk reaction to me and this simple multilayered method, just remember this treasure has not been found and ff did say it would take a Maverick to solve it.
      I love all your imaginative ways of using 'put in', 'home' and below!! That is the kind of thinking that may be needed to get closer to solving this poem!! Your methods seem complicated at first, but once each word is focused on separately, it's quite simple.

I really love "Bellow the Full Moooooon", considering a synonym for Maverick is 'Lone Wolf'

Now what can we do with the other 160 or so words leftover....?

M. Chameleon

Comment

thanks MC, lone wolf like it.
        Going to bed with a smile on my map.
        19.25 on

Comment

Wernher von Braun

Click image for larger version Name:	pidgeon.jpg Views:	2 Size:	45.1 KB ID:	115844

But wait there's more!

BiggishShoes (BS for short), I tink you've exhibited more imagination than is required for a good solve. But I found your Maverick mention kinda clever, in a rather subdued way.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

BiggishShoes (BS for short), I tink you've exhibited more imagination than is required for a good solve. But I found your Maverick mention kinda clever, in a rather subdued way.
            I stopped reading at 'i tink' you became irrelevant at that point.
            19.25 on

Comment

Wernher von Braun

But wait there's more!

Where's the connection between Brown and the moon?

Comment

I stopped reading at 'i tink' you became irrelevant at that point.
                I apologize for offending you (maybe I over-estimated you). I said "tink" on purpose.

Comment

Working...
                X