Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deliberate misspelling?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deliberate misspelling?

    Why was the word 'highlighted' spelled 'highlihted' in the top right hand corner of FF's map?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Rorschach.Tested View Post
    Why was the word 'highlighted' spelled 'highlihted' in the top right hand corner of FF's map?
    An early (free) version of that map had the misspelling. The map in TFTW does not.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks. I just picked up TTOTC from my mailbox today. A cursive inspection revealed no maps inside. (I bought the hardcover edition) Does TWTW hardcover contain a wall map or a small map on a page? I'm a little PO'd TTOTC is void of map.
      Last edited by Rorschach.Tested; 09-07-2019, 05:07 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        https://www.benchmarkmaps.com/blog/b...-treasure.html

        "What we've learned is that you
        should always tell the truth, but you should not always tell ALL of the
        truth."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rorschach.Tested View Post
          Thanks. I just picked up TTOTC from my mailbox today. A cursive inspection revealed no maps inside. (I bought the hardcover edition) Does TWTW hardcover contain a wall map or a small map on a page? I'm a little PO'd TTOTC is void of map.
          Well, actually, there *is* a map in TTOTC: a blurry 19th century map of New Mexico with the gold frog and a few nuggets sitting atop it. You say you bought the hardcover edition of TTOTC: that is the only kind there is. Likewise for the much thicker and more expensive TFTW (though well worth the money in my opinion). The very end of TFTW has the fold-out Benchmark map that Presque Vu links above.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rorschach.Tested View Post
            Thanks. I just picked up TTOTC from my mailbox today. A cursive inspection revealed no maps inside. (I bought the hardcover edition) Does TWTW hardcover contain a wall map or a small map on a page? I'm a little PO'd TTOTC is void of map.
            I don't think any maps in any of FF's books will help much in solving the poem. Focusing on the poem should. I found mapquest helpful and GE (google earth) very helpful.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

              I don't think any maps in any of FF's books will help much in solving the poem. Focusing on the poem should. I found mapquest helpful and GE (google earth) very helpful.
              You love Mapquest. Is it too personal to your solve to ask why? I’ve looked at MQ near my solve area and did not find some answer I was searching for. Nothing 15%. Maybe I didn’t look far or long enough?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rorschach.Tested View Post
                Why was the word 'highlighted' spelled 'highlihted' in the top right hand corner of FF's map?
                Please be more specific about which map, okay? Thank yew.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

                  You love Mapquest. Is it too personal to your solve to ask why? I’ve looked at MQ near my solve area and did not find some answer I was searching for. Nothing 15%. Maybe I didn’t look far or long enough?
                  No (, it's not too personal). GE is better w/regard to viewing. A mapquest label helped where GE lacked one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

                    No (, it's not too personal). GE is better w/regard to viewing. A mapquest label helped where GE lacked one.
                    Well, I’m at least 12 (miles) away, so I guess my map doesn’t go down far enough. F labels.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey thanks Presque Vu!
                      So the original map does not misspell 'highlihted' AND Ralston is missing. Awesome, thanks a tonne.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Zapster View Post

                        Well, actually, there *is* a map in TTOTC: a blurry 19th century map of New Mexico with the gold frog and a few nuggets sitting atop it. You say you bought the hardcover edition of TTOTC: that is the only kind there is. Likewise for the much thicker and more expensive TFTW (though well worth the money in my opinion). The very end of TFTW has the fold-out Benchmark map that Presque Vu links above.
                        Thank you Zapster!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Is there a legend? Or a watermark?
                          E<

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X