Spill the beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spill the beans

If the chest is found and the finder wants to stays anonymous, would Forrest be able to disclose hints or metaphors about the Chase without giving too much away? I mean, I would love to know the significance of the messages in scrapbooks and the subtle hints contained in the memoirs and how they relate to the hunt. Of course this all depends on whether Mr. Fenn is around. As a searcher, I would want to know everything he did leading up to starting the hunt. Was he 79 or 80? Did he fly to the location? Rental car, was it buried, etc. I realize this is a dream that may never come true. Do you think this could even be possible? Could this be done without revealing the location?

If the chest is found and anonymity is contained could this be turned into an armchair hunt only, for a second place prize? Does it end when the chest is recovered? Would all interest be lost?

It is my opinion, that the story of how it was (to be) found and how the clues were deciphered is worth more than the chest. With so many people engaged in this hunt, it just wouldn't be polite to find the cache and keep the solution to one's self. For one, the deputy and I have the adventures of a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveandhisdogBillie View Post
      If the chest is found and the finder wants to stays anonymous, would Forrest be able to disclose hints or metaphors about the Chase without giving too much away? I mean, I would love to know the significance of the messages in scrapbooks and the subtle hints contained in the memoirs and how they relate to the hunt. Of course this all depends on whether Mr. Fenn is around. As a searcher, I would want to know everything he did leading up to starting the hunt. Was he 79 or 80? Did he fly to the location? Rental car, was it buried, etc. I realize this is a dream that may never come true. Do you think this could even be possible? Could this be done without revealing the location?

If the chest is found and anonymity is contained could this be turned into an armchair hunt only, for a second place prize? Does it end when the chest is recovered? Would all interest be lost?
      I don't think it will be possible to keep a lid on it. Unless the finder devalues the worth and sells the goods in the less than equitable markets or just stashes it away for safe keeping somewhere else. They would have to stash it the same type of way that Forrest did to avoid a tax implication. Do you think Forrest did that type of thing with other stuff he found ? Because he could of had a secret hideaway so he would not have to claim the stuff as income to his business.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveandhisdogBillie View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFdJza0AbeA

Peace,

O.

Comment

Once the treasure is located the finder will find themselves in a “Mission Impossible” situation, believe me you will accept. There is a reason he says the location cannot be disclosed..... It’s top secret, something only an Aide de camp would know. It’s all part of the title to the gold. Ya’ll keep forgetting he thought of everything.

Comment

It will be revealed in time and will be a New York Times bestseller. Written by Fenn and Douglas Preston and all that blog information to help fill the chapters. Social History in the making, I can’t wait till it comes out...... someday, somewhere over the “Rainbow.”

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer2019 View Post
              Once the treasure is located the finder will find themselves in a “Mission Impossible” situation, believe me you will accept. There is a reason he says the location cannot be disclosed..... It’s top secret, something only an Aide de camp would know. It’s all part of the title to the gold. Ya’ll keep forgetting he thought of everything.
              Y'all apparently forgot that Fenn said he "tried to think of everything". He DIDN'T think of everything. He's human, instead of the flying spaghetti monster, who probably DOES think of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer2019 View Post
                It will be revealed in time and will be a New York Times bestseller. Written by Fenn and Douglas Preston and all that blog information to help fill the chapters. Social History in the making, I can’t wait till it comes out...... someday, somewhere over the “Rainbow.”
                I don't feel your pain or anxiety. But I "tried to" imagine what it's like. Please don't worry. Any anxiety/discomfort you have is likely to "cease" soon(ish).

Comment

It was last season that the anxiety and pain took place.
                  Over a dozen trips and a damn rainbow messing with my head. Over thinking, over complicating, spending way to much money to fish....
                  This year I’m cool hand Luke. But sometimes I feel “no eyes” with the mirror lenses is looking.
                  Im glad someone could be a Lead Searcher and will set us all free from this blog. When it ends it will require a garden twice as large to take up the free time.

Comment

I'm not a shadow
                    I'm not the ground beneath your feet
                    'Cause I'm not a shadow
                    When you look down, you wont see me
                    I'll stand up and I'll stand tall, I don't follow anyone
                    I'm not a shadow, 'cause I'm not a shadow
                    Here's to you don't settle, and never separate
                    And never be quiet 'cause the words you say
                    You never go back on and never turn around
                    Never judge another 'cause as stupid it sounds
                    'Cause when you see others knowin' they're all brothers
                    Knowin' they're all sisters, seein' the big picture
                    If they're not with you, then they're against
                    And were here now when they are way back when
                    So why try to please everyone?
                    When it seems that all the people really want
                    Is to show love, and out and get love back
                    Is to show some faith and get respect
                    Just look at the world then, you look at the problems
                    And look at the hatred, and we still cant solve it
                    So look inside and you'll find step one
                    Forget a diamond I'm shinin' like the sun
                    'Cause I'm not a shadow
                    'Cause I'm not a shadow
                    I'm not a shadow, 'cause I'm not a shadow
                    Here's to you on your own, the innocent criminal
                    You never fit the mold, you never go sit down
                    You never go get approval no matter how you prove
                    That love is the motive in everything you do
                    And revolution is you and you're against the machine
                    You know who you are and you know what I mean
                    And when this record stops you would never slow down
                    When the video is over you want your turn now so
                    You make the truth and move straight ahead
                    While the followers behind you get left for dead
                    For the imminent brainwash follow the dumb rules
                    Created by individuals who unlike you
                    Don't care for the world or, care for the people
                    They love it their way, and they love unequal
                    And they love when they feel above someone
                    I don't follow the leader when they're all wrong
                    'Cause I'm not a shadow
                    'Cause I'm not a shadow
                    I'm not a shadow, 'cause I'm not a shadow, oh, no no
                    Soja, words to live by

Comment

I sure hope fake ls doesn't find it, that would be very bad. If it is, I'll reveal imeediately. WWH HOB BLAZE those 3 for sure. And yall will know, without a "shadow" of doubt, if it's a fake ls, or not. It's disgusting how people confuse creative with crazy. Your eccentric if your rich, your insane if your poor. We have to venture out 10x's as far and wide as v'ger. I have to ck my first imaginative hidey spot, single solve, 12 botg, this weekend, that fake ls has no chance of ever knowing. I wonder if fake ls is reading this, disgusting filth. I can only hope it's not real, but if someone uses [email protected] don't you think they would use that info? That's why several leads appeared at once. They never figured anything out. Lets say your opinion is another crazy ls, that's exactly like saying, is the chest real? I give you the solve, you go get the chest, and i say, see i told you, and you don't even say thank you. On the other hand, maybe f acquired the single f, and in that case, it's all good, sorry to have burdened you f.

Throws kisses!
                      Last edited by khan; 09-04-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I would think that thought Fenn would have every combination of his name buttoned up, just for this reason.

Comment

Maybe some other Forest Fenn didn’t like your solve and read the email, laughed, and in the trash it went. Hey ya never know. Could you imagine a guy named Forest Fenn finding the Fenn treasure. Talk about coincidence.

Comment

I agree Khan and 1TB. When he said he tried to think of everything he had 15 plus years to work out the details. I'd be shocked if he didn't foresee the potential for the person with the correct solve making a typo and changing the course of The Chase.

Comment

Originally posted by khan View Post
                              I sure hope fake ls doesn't find it, that would be very bad. If it is found I'll reveal imeediately. WWH HOB BLAZE those 3 for sure. And yall will know, without a "shadow" of doubt. It's disgusting how people confuse creative with crazy. Your eccentric if your rich, your insane if your poor. We have to venture out 10x's as far and wide as v'ger. I have to ck my first imaginative hidey spot, single solve, 12 botg this weekend, that fake ls has no chance of ever knowing. I wonder if fake ls is reading this, disgusting filth. I can only hope it's not real, but if someone uses [email protected] don't you think they would use that info? Thats why several leads appeared at once. They never figured anything out. Lets say your opinion is another crazy ls, that's exactly like saying, is the chest real? I give you the solve, you go get the chest, and i say, see i told you, and you don't even say thank you. On the other hand, maybe f acquired the single f, and in that case, it's all good, sorry to have burdened you f.

Throws kisses!
                              I don't think it would be wise to sent Forrest any email with exact location because of prying eyes. We know there have been searchers at his home helping him with his email. Or how about family members after he passes ? Do you want the solve with exact location in your folder of saved emails. He has saved over 250,000 so at least anyone other then Forrest would have to have a clue where to look.
                              Last edited by TreasureCodex; 09-04-2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X