There'll be no paddle up your creek.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There'll be no paddle up your creek.

I have decided, this creek FF alludes to, is not 'Shit's Creek'. I believe FF is hinting about a portage by the Lewis & Clark expedition, or perhaps, he writes of the Steamboat Springs/Mountain. The first white settlers, after hearing the geyser expunge, would comment the sound was of a steam powered paddle boat coming down the canyon, and so they named the immediate area as such.

How much history do you need to know to solve the poem? I often think, 75% of solves probably wouldn’t exist without google, Google makes it so easy to just get an idea, look it up, jump down a rabbit hole, find a connection to the poem or one of the 1000’s or keywords Fenn has created, and BAM, we have a solve.

The poem, a good map, TTOTC... redneck in Texas. Those are what we should be working with.
    Not to say you’re incorrect, no one is right or wrong!

Comment

Then why is it "your" creek?

Comment

The Crawford’s were the first settlers in the Steamboat area. A train depot still sits next to spring that used to chug and chug. It may still be an art studio.

Comment

Originally posted by vegfinnr View Post
          Yore creek? Just a stray thought

Comment

Originally posted by mikew1927 View Post

Yore creek? Just a stray thought
            Can't rule that out, I guess. But I'm pretty sure he meant to distinguish that one creek as part of the process. Like "go past the stoplight and take your first left."

Comment

it's not yours it's MINE
              The man said it himself...
              'Leave my TROLLS for all to seek'
              19.25 on
              https://youtu.be/8RzrIu3hMec?t=1165
              'So hear me all and listen good' *panic*

Comment

Mike - Now ewes got me a thinkin bout "heavy loads and water high"
                which got me a laughin till I was a cryin.

Comment

Funnin aside, I think the words "there'll be no paddle up your creek" perhaps may mean that it's all up to you.
                  Or in other words, STAND YOUR GROUND.

Comment

This line to me says, don't go that way (up the creek), and the next lines say, go this way (where the heavy loads and water high is). At least that's part of it.

Comment

Can't rule that out, I guess. But I'm pretty sure he meant to distinguish that one creek as part of the process. Like "go past the stoplight and take your first left."
                      Part of the process of solving the poem is ruling things out. Sounds like you are stopped at that stop light and don't know what to do. So start with WWWH again.

Comment

Stopped? Just give it a McTwisp ~
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190904-001728_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	285.0 KB ID:	115324
                        Yawn... I'm blind in one eye ye know...
                        (Sleep with it open. )
                        Last edited by Castellaw1685; 09-03-2019, 11:37 PM.
                        E<

Comment

This seems pretty sensible to me. If not in terms of actual/legal "ownership", at least it functionally may feel like the search party "owns" the creek at the time of searching, as the creek is relatively isolated and typically isn't very often populated with ANY people. I've been on 6 search hikes along a specific creek that I think is the correct one, and have never seen more than 3 people at a time within 500 feet of the creek.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                            Mike - Now ewes got me a thinkin bout "heavy loads and water high"
                            which got me a laughin till I was a cryin.
                            Good one. I'm glad you're not searching where I am.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post

it's not yours it's MINE
                              In this hunt, I don't think there's any need to be someone's arch enemy. Hee hee!

Comment

Working...
                              X