Mirrors (folding the map)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrors (folding the map)

I haven't read much about the possibility of map mechanics playing a part in the solve. (Origami, anyone?) The poem sits neatly to the side while the state borders almost beg to be folded over. I don't believe folding would qualify as 'messing with'. There are at least five possible folds. If you were an architect/poet would you include at least one fold in your solve? Would you write to precisely position punctuation over your map? Is there a fold?

I haven't tried folding. I've tried a few other things. I ruined one book when I thought that there could be a hidden message written in invisible ink. Infrared light, black light, lemon juice and an iron and a few more techniques in an attempt to tease out a clue. Oh....the rabbit holes I've been down. I know people who have torn the book apart thinking their was a clue in the binding. Folding seems pretty benign in terms of damage to an expensive book. Good idea - I like how you are thinking!! Sounds like a great off season project. Hint of riches, new and fold...??

Comment

Or use a mirror...?

Comment

I like crossing lines. This line from the word halt next to the number 12 ( 12 red-neck kids) crosses right "in the middle" of the map to the road where the school children said they thought the treasure was. There is basically nothing on that short road. Or near by that would even pertain to anything in the poem in my opinion. And i have never heard any verification of where these schoolchildren might be from? You think some parent would of bragged about there childs question being published. . Also i believe the NPS comes into play somehow. That line is also the halfway point between Sante Fe and the Canadian border. I've mentioned before if you trace the yellow region with loose focus of the Great Divide Basin (bathtub- warm & comfortable) you can see a sparow or crow with it wings spread. ( as the crow flies, its to far to walk) you also can't find the blaze driving down the road. Because it's in the middle of the poem.. If you gave that map to a child and said where's the blaze. I'm guessing they would point to the big yellow sunnny looking basin where the water flows warmly into a abyss. Well anyways. Besides all that nonsence. Maybe if you cross the right lines and then turn that cross to the 8:00 o'clock postion it might look like a X. Or not. I'm going with the purple blaze on Google earth that lines up with the Fe in Santa Fe. That looks like a running man stick figure on the blurry map. Makes you almost go full circle similar to a horseshoe.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190830-233406_Gallery.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	114922 i forgot to mention the purple owl( wise) looking down at the Fe. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190830-225453_Gallery.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	114921

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mbnvmhx.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	114925

Comment

When i tried to get to blocked out purple location. It seemed to be all private property. So i never got close. And i don't think trespassing on private property is necessary . Government land on the other seems fitting ( Keep Out). If anyone is familiar with the coordinates i posted. Can you please confirm there is nothing there. And if it's a hidden missle site. Keep it on the down low in a private message. Or if it's Area 52. Don't tell all the nutjobs. They'll just piss off the aliens. : )
              Last edited by Sunburnt1; 08-31-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I think we should go back to the poem, which (to me) doesn't obviously mention mirroring, folding, or zigzagging.

This is only part of my opinion, which quacks me up!
                Last edited by Old Pilot; 08-31-2019, 11:44 PM.

Comment

But the poem was constructed as to guide as a map. And 500,000 + therories hasn't brought someone within 500ft with what is the next clue and what they should be focusing on. So it might take a radical thought approach to go right to it. If your a architect.. first you visualize in your mind what you want to create. Next you draw schematics from the ground up. Your base layer. Just like artist does. Putting layers and levels to your masterpiece. Not sure where i was going with all that. But sounded good right now. In Wi. We say.... When the bottle runs dryeth it is time to put the texter away...
                  just kidding. Just made that up. Lol. But i do give away way to much when i drink. Can't believe know one even looks at my hot spots . You'd think i was saying that the Gold is Brown...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
                    But the poem was constructed as to guide as a map. And 500,000 + therories hasn't brought someone within 500ft with what is the next clue and what they should be focusing on. So it might take a radical thought approach to go right to it. If your a architect.. first you visualize in your mind what you want to create. Next you draw schematics from the ground up. Your base layer. Just like artist does. Putting layers and levels to your masterpiece. Not sure where i was going with all that. But sounded good right now. In Wi. We say.... When the bottle runs dryeth it is time to put the texter away...
                    just kidding. Just made that up. Lol. But i do give away way to much when i drink. Can't believe know one even looks at my hot spots . You'd think i was saying that the Gold is Brown...
                    Nah, you dun gold with your WI quote. I lived there for a few years and it seems a spot on stripes off quote!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
                      Outstanding. Yes, yes and please explain.

Comment

Working...
                      X