Forrest irritated with lead searcher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
    Sometimes I tink that the LS is irritated with FF for his never-ending gusher of hints, more so than FF would ever get irritated at the LS. Forrest seems mellow, but is not yellow about showing any
    irritation he might ever feel. And he's got the stones to say what's on his mind, even if sometimes he's quite subtle.
    I think the LS is more likely irritated at his or herself. Having taken sooo long to figure out what was deemed an inevitable outcome, after Mr. Fenn dropped his "gut feeling" bomb back in Feb 2018.

What happened to the LS...? Did they "zig" when they should've "zagged" -- and in doing so, lost their confidence from failing to retrieve Indulgence?

What I find interesting is almost a year and a half goes by, then on Oct 4th, 2019, Mr. Fenn releases Scrapbook #209.

Seems to me that "Chaos" is AKA Lead Searcher, and is virtually standing on the treasure.

Should be some big surprises in store for all of us in 2020.
    Last edited by Willie Wonka; 02-14-2020, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• I think that the LS will zag this time, but is it Forrest Fenn's treasure chest and not a rock that Chaos was looking at, in the shadows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Wonka View Post

I think the LS is more likely irritated at his or herself. Having taken sooo long to figure out what was deemed an inevitable outcome, after Mr. Fenn dropped his "gut feeling" bomb back in Feb 2018.

What happened to the LS...? Did they "zig" when they should've "zagged" -- and in doing so, lost their confidence from failing to retrieve Indulgence?

What I find interesting is almost a year and a half goes by, then on Oct 4th, 2019, Mr. Fenn releases Scrapbook #209.

Seems to me that "Chaos" is AKA Lead Searcher, and is virtually standing on the treasure.

Should be some big surprises in store for all of us in 2020.
        The 'gut feeling'...no. But maybe the subsequent 'wavering.'

While months may have passed, consider LS may have only spent a handful of hours actually 'searching' BOTG, given logistics.

Comment

• Originally posted by MobyHubris View Post

The 'gut feeling'...no. But maybe the subsequent 'wavering.'

While months may have passed, consider LS may have only spent a handful of hours actually 'searching' BOTG, given logistics.
          prolly crawled up into HoB to hibernate; soon enough he'll emerge blue and hungry.

Comment

• Do you think Chaos and Embroidery are (were?) the same or different people/beings?

I agree on blue as the emergent color. Is it because they’re “out of” all the other colors? Or because blue is always the LS’s color?

#nofilter #yesfilter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

JChere I am curious. I think I recognize your avatar. Does it have anything to do with your solve? Can you tell us where bouts in your solve that picture is from? Does your handle JC here mean that you're a follower of the man ...or football fan of John El Way? Just curious....The favor of a reply is requested.

Best regards;
              1F
              My avatar is non-chase related. I ride a motorcycle(most of my life) and am schooled in the art of capturing light (known as photography.. lol) when I ride, I cruise the jungle backroads and hi-ways mostly, (where ever they may lead is fine with me). I look for the mom n pop places to stop and visit. There is where I picked up a nick-name that I liked and it stuck with a few buddies. JungleCruzr. I carry a small pocket camera with me most of the time and the avatar is nothing more than a photograph I took as I was riding thru Yellowstone (nothing to do with the chase) and decided to venture into an area where I could fill my canteen with some fresh spring water. hope that explains it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                Do you think Chaos and Embroidery are (were?) the same or different people/beings?

I agree on blue as the emergent color. Is it because they’re “out of” all the other colors? Or because blue is always the LS’s color?

#nofilter #yesfilter?
                Time is the dependent factor.

Presently, Chaos is one player, Embroidery another.

But over time, through time, Chaos learns to Embroider, as Embroidery learns to let go.

It may take many moons, many lives even, but eventually, these two shall meet in the twain ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	eec1.PNG
Views:	421
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	141323

Name:	eec2.PNG
Views:	401
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	141324

Name:	eec3.PNG
Views:	403
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	141325

Comment

• There seems to be a lot of emotion read into the current situation. I’m guessing it would surprise everyone to find out just how calm they both are, Chaos and Embroidery, giving and taking and coming and going and sharing a bifurcated role long past rehearsals.

I still think it’d be funny if fate conspired to hand the TC to someone else at the last moment. Even then the emotion might be different than we’d expect.
                  "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by antigroove View Post
                    There seems to be a lot of emotion read into the current situation. I’m guessing it would surprise everyone to find out just how calm they both are, Chaos and Embroidery, giving and taking and coming and going and sharing a bifurcated role long past rehearsals.

I still think it’d be funny if fate conspired to hand the TC to someone else at the last moment. Even then the emotion might be different than we’d expect.
                    I think it was Yogi Berra who said: “when you come to a bifurcation in the road, take it.”
                    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

I still think it’d be funny if fate conspired to hand the TC to someone else at the last moment.
                      With the sheer # of searchers, it's likely there's that one genius lurking in the shadows that nobody, not even Mr. Fenn, knows about.
                      #CastByNoDummy
                      #OnlyTheShadowKnows

Everyone's doing all the talking, but He will have the last laugh.
                      For this reason, they call him ... PS: (the Penumbral Searcher)

I bet he only fights at sunset, and stands always with his back to the west.
                      It's gonna take a true Ranger and seasoned visionary to gun this villain down.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of emotion read into the current situation. I’m guessing it would surprise everyone to find out just how calm they both are, Chaos and Embroidery, giving and taking and coming and going and sharing a bifurcated role long past rehearsals.

that would be quite a suitable ending.

Comment

• I've noticed recently the hate really coming out from many in the community of fennverse. Where is the LOVE?
                          Last edited by Countryboy; 02-15-2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

that would be quite a suitable ending.
                            Either way, they'll be stories to sell.

O.

Comment

• The suitable ending, in my opinion, might be called "the inevitable ending." Time is relative, and after ten years, what is a surprise? Where is fancy bred, in the heart, or in the head?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz View Post

Time is the dependent factor.

Presently, Chaos is one player, Embroidery another.

But over time, through time, Chaos learns to Embroider, as Embroidery learns to let go.

It may take many moons, many lives even, but eventually, these two shall meet in the twain ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	eec1.PNG Views:	201 Size:	31.1 KB ID:	141323
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	eec2.PNG Views:	192 Size:	17.2 KB ID:	141324
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	eec3.PNG Views:	196 Size:	16.4 KB ID:	141325
                                This one took some time. Anyone who has snuck up on a trout knows that still waters are usually deep, and you have to move more slowly. I do have a defense mechanism. My awareness has always been good. My self-awareness has had to age like wine. But I do recognize it-- "humor" is my response to the overwhelming. Maybe it feels like chaos, but it is quiet.

"When I am gone what will you do? Who will write and draw for you? Someone smarter, someone new?"

"There are no happy endings, endings are the saddest part. So just give me a happy middle, and a very happy start."

"Sandra's seen a lephrechaun, Eddie touched a troll, Clint has danced with witches once, Charlie found some goblins' gold. Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf, but all the magic I have known I've had to make myself."

"There is a voice inside of you, that whispers all day long 'I feel that this is right for me, I know that this is wrong.' No teacher, preacher, parent, friend, or wise man can decide, what's right for you-- just listen to, the voice that speaks inside."

"But underneath my outside face, there's a face that none can see; a little less smiley, a little less sure, but a whole lot more like me."

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child, listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child, anything can be."

"No matter where it goes, I hope you'll always know, I'll always do my best for you, no matter where I go. I know one day you might be gone, and I'll be in the cold. But I hope I'll make you proud, the days I'll have to carry on. Rainbows never end, they say, and I believe that too. I'll gather up my ticket, I pulled from the muddy grate, and get my beads and treasures, and move surely towards the gate. I hope to see you there, in this life the other, but I'm afraid to open up my eyes, because there will never be another."
                                Last edited by JHSharp; 02-15-2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X