Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forrest irritated with lead searcher?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DontKnowNothin View Post
    Here is a picture of the shadow man. I don't claim to be the lead searcher, but I do claim to know the general area. I am stuck at the last few clues. Have been for 2 years. I don't post much, but I thought I would share this. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not. The fun is in the pursuit! Would love to hear opinions.
    Wow, the second pic is super cool!
    „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
    G. C. Lichtenberg

    Comment


    • Why do I get the impression that shadowman is a fictional character along the lines of slenderman.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
        I think that FF is glad that the LS is almost finished putting the final polish on the correct solve. This way, FF doesn't have to wonder "forever" (or for a long time) about whether his poem has been solved. By the way, my guess is that the LS will respect FF and the location enough to keep it a secret. Meanwhile, good luck to ALL searchers. I think the trove will be found this year, by the same
        person who found "the shadow man". Remember him? It's not a huge deal, but indicates the ability of someone to figure things out.
        I agree with you "Old Pilot," that there must be a Lead Searcher and that he's close to finally blowing out the candles... if he hasn't already. But do you know why Forrest would say that there's no such thing as a lead searcher? More subterfuge maybe?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Willie Wonka View Post

          I agree with you "Old Pilot," that there must be a Lead Searcher and that he's close to finally blowing out the candles... if he hasn't already. But do you know why Forrest would say that there's no such thing as a lead searcher? More subterfuge maybe?
          I think because like he said, go get it if u can. So anybody can be the lead at any time, if u solve everything this morning and go get it, ur it! Otherwise it doesn't really matter.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Willie Wonka View Post

            I agree with you "Old Pilot," that there must be a Lead Searcher and that he's close to finally blowing out the candles... if he hasn't already. But do you know why Forrest would say that there's no such thing as a lead searcher? More subterfuge maybe?
            because "LS"...a silly moniker, never cared for it....is not searching

            Comment


            • This lead searcher talk has been going on for months and maybe years now. I can't imagine how the metaphorical LS must feel knowing they are so close but no TC for this long. WTH.. must be one patient SOB

              Comment


              • Bear with me and my way of thinking. I believe the LS will know when they get to Arby's...

                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200211-142412_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.6 KB ID:	140748

                Home of Brown or HB lead me to
                Hannah-Barberra (because of comics etc)

                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200209-213850_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	469.0 KB ID:	140750

                Then I noticed Arby within the name Hannah-Barberra
                And as a pirate might say... Arr be yes!

                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200209-215829_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	447.1 KB ID:	140749

                That's all I got...
                Don't forget to ring the bell!
                Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
                Righty-O!

                Comment


                • THATS IT
                  It is in Jellystone.... Hey Yogi?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Willie Wonka View Post
                    I agree with you "Old Pilot," that there must be a Lead Searcher and that he's close to finally blowing out the candles... if he hasn't already. But do you know why Forrest would say that there's no such thing as a lead searcher? More subterfuge maybe?
                    "why would Forrest say that there's no such thing as a lead searcher?"

                    Saying (admitting) there's a lead searcher would tend to cool enthusiasm for the search very quickly.
                    Sales of books would slow way down.
                    Folks would start to drift away to other interests.
                    He probably wants to draw this out as long as possible.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DontKnowNothin View Post
                      Here is a picture of the shadow man. I don't claim to be the lead searcher, but I do claim to know the general area. I am stuck at the last few clues. Have been for 2 years. I don't post much, but I thought I would share this. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not. The fun is in the pursuit! Would love to hear opinions.
                      Opinions!
                      Your solve is as good as any out there... Having been stuck at clue 7 and not able to get 8 or 9 tells me it might be wrong because ff has said that the clues get easier as you go.... My last solve had this in common with yours.... I couldn't complete the process so I threw it away and started over..... I am working on solve #3.... It happens.... It is what is fun about this challenge!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by larsonist View Post

                        "why would Forrest say that there's no such thing as a lead searcher?"

                        Saying (admitting) there's a lead searcher would tend to cool enthusiasm for the search very quickly.
                        Sales of books would slow way down.
                        Folks would start to drift away to other interests.
                        He probably wants to draw this out as long as possible.
                        When the poem has been solved, searching will not needed, therefore, there's no such thing as a lead searcher, there can only be a solver. Make sense? Those claiming to be the lead searcher or even those proposing there is a lead searcher are completely in the dark.
                        Last edited by dejoka; 02-11-2020, 07:02 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DontKnowNothin View Post
                          Here is a picture of the shadow man. I don't claim to be the lead searcher, but I do claim to know the general area. I am stuck at the last few clues. Have been for 2 years. I don't post much, but I thought I would share this. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not. The fun is in the pursuit! Would love to hear opinions.
                          DontKnowNothin,
                          The only mention of the shadow man I can find is your post from April 17, 2019. That could mean that you are the person who found the shadow man.
                          Last edited by Rumpelstiltskin; 02-11-2020, 11:15 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Coinaster View Post
                            THATS IT
                            It is in Jellystone.... Hey Yogi?

                            Yep! We found the lead searcher!

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200211-220009_Google.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	478.9 KB
ID:	140773

                            and he's a basket case.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200211-215752_Google.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	140774
                            Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
                            Righty-O!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by laddyaddy19 View Post
                              This lead searcher talk has been going on for months and maybe years now. I can't imagine how the metaphorical LS must feel knowing they are so close but no TC for this long. WTH.. must be one patient SOB
                              Very well said laddyaddy! Its way more difficult than I ever expected but anything said that could last 100 or even a 1000 years shouldn't be expected to be anything less than difficult to figure out, this has been a world class puzzle!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by laddyaddy19 View Post
                                This lead searcher ... must be one patient SOB
                                #PATIENT

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	patient.PNG
Views:	447
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	140965

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X