Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to hide a secret message in text - REVEALED

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to hide a secret message in text - REVEALED

    A couple weeks back I posted some text containing a secret message (the abbreviation of one of the search states). Two people figured it out, but I thought I'd post the solution for everyone else.

    Original post:
    https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...essage-in-text

    Again, I don't think this is exactly how Forrest hid a message in his poem... this was just a mental exercise to see how it could be done without using codes or ciphers.

    The trick is to divide the alphabet into two groups, in this case vowels and consonants, then "turn on" one group in the grid. Did Forrest use a similar technique? Is there actually a hidden message in the poem? At this point... who knows.

    Life is short and the world is wide


  • #2
    my OPINION, the last stanza outlines the crescent on the hill above the Lamar Buffalo Ranch that and putting the first O in the first line below Garry Browns cabin sets the scale, the blaze starts at the hint and the hint is the two letters O and F. odd that you can pull a series of runes out of the stanzas, the first one being UR representing bison auroch's or cattle look up the other two and look for the rest if your interested, there are more. I thought it was a reach but it makes sense, the peak to the right of the LBR is druids peak.. so why not. you can say no BUT you cant deny the fact that the poem does in fact do that as there it is. white lines for the blaze following the hint of and oddly enough it ends at a cross made from the O's after the stanza that says just take the chest and go in peace. to many coincidences. even the tarry scant.. there's a Bison peak in Colorado in the Tarryall mt's that's 12000+ ft high and a bison peak above the LBR at 8900+ ft, the one at the LBR being the scanter of the two the word tying them together being the word tarry changing the line in the poem to "but bison peak with marvel gaze, meaning to look north of the cross? or in line of sight of bison peak..

    so in my interpretation the O's and the F's have it.. for a path (blaze) laid out like this OF OF FO FO FO and possibly FFO as in in effort, maybe it doesn't end at the cross maybe it ends at the word effort.. think poem laid over map turning each word into a location.

    Oh.. and for fun if we draw the cross as the rune Tyr then read up on Tyr and who and what he was and did and his ordeal with Fenrir read about it.. then realize this. that the cross OR Tyr's Rune, that as a destination lands you right next to the wolf pen above the LBR on rose creek, where they reintroduced the wolves back into Yellowstone and kept them penned or bound, the most famous of those wolves being Big Blaze. you can say no but you cant say it doesn't work because there it is.
    read up on Tyr, and again why runes? excellent clue with Druids peak being right there noted for and named for a circle of stones that actually isnt on that peak at all but on the slopes of bison peak.
    there's more but it's botg, where the 13 deg line crosses the crescent shaped feature on the hill at the word "will", there is a wide trail following the rim of that feature and where the 13 deg mark crosses it there is a line of stone neatly placed crossing the trail, for reference the stones are about the size of a laptop lid and placed end to end across a pretty wide game trail. I wont be back out there for a couple of years if at all, I just had two surgery's in June and don't have time so that was an area I wished I had spent more time searching but didn't get to.

    and more.. where the white line crosses the 13 deg mark my opinion is thats HLWH not because the two lines intersect but if your standing below Browns cabin next to a very shallow rose creek, and look nigh or left and beyond the creek, on the hillside you will see the old shoreline from a time when the lamar river valley was a lake, the old shore is visible all over the valley and right on that line is a series of bolder's, one very large and prominent one, waters high being the old highwater mark and shore of Lamar's old glacial lake... there's way more. my thinking is that poem references a fishing trip entering Cooke city and Silver Gate a mining community from the early days of the park, then heading to Warm creek picnic grounds where warm creek dumps into Soda Butte Creek, taking the creek down through Ice Box canyon and into the Lamar river valley to the Lamar river and putting into shore at a now GONE picnic ground below the Lamar Buffalo ranch.. no place for the meek in my solve means no place for your Meek brand fly fishing reel as in leave the poles behind your not fishing any more, any way the rest picks up where I left off a couple of paragraphs back and it's all opinion.. I think that fishing or floating the river from warm creek picnic area and then putting into shore below the LBR is the to far to walk referance and could just as easily be done by driving from Cooke city to the LBR via Hwy 212.. one of the only roads open to cars year round in Yellowstone, from Cooke City to Gardiner.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Mbnvmhx.jpg Views:	1 Size:	196.1 KB ID:	112771 slopes of bison peak
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9102.jpg Views:	2 Size:	163.2 KB ID:	112773
    Last edited by 1keyword; 08-16-2019, 06:57 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Two right angles are hiding in Fenn's
      p.s. ... told ya a WY was hiding in yours...
      Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

      Comment


      • #4

        Have you tried putting poem into an arc/rainbow pattern to see if anything is hidden in this way? Maybe divide poem into 7 lines for 7 colors of rainbow. Forrest does like to "bend" a little.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DesertCloak View Post
          A couple weeks back I posted some text containing a secret message (the abbreviation of one of the search states). Two people figured it out, but I thought I'd post the solution for everyone else.

          Original post:
          https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...essage-in-text

          Again, I don't think this is exactly how Forrest hid a message in his poem... this was just a mental exercise to see how it could be done without using codes or ciphers.

          The trick is to divide the alphabet into two groups, in this case vowels and consonants, then "turn on" one group in the grid. Did Forrest use a similar technique? Is there actually a hidden message in the poem? At this point... who knows.
          DesertCloak: that's certainly a good example of a problem that requires lateral thinking to solve. Wrong state, btw. ;-) But it demonstrates there can be more to a poem's words than just deciphering their meaning. Forrest didn't "write" the poem; he likened himself to an architect. Yours is one example of poem steganography, and I'm certain Forrest used stego in the poem -- more than once.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Zapster View Post

            DesertCloak: that's certainly a good example of a problem that requires lateral thinking to solve. Wrong state, btw. ;-) But it demonstrates there can be more to a poem's words than just deciphering their meaning. Forrest didn't "write" the poem; he likened himself to an architect. Yours is one example of poem steganography, and I'm certain Forrest used stego in the poem -- more than once.
            Thanks. I'm also convinced there is some type of steganography in the poem... though not as simplistic as my example.
            Forrest said the words were "placed" strategically. And that he "drew" the poem, and that it was created by an "architect." All these statements lead me to believe there is some kind of structure to the poem that is important.
            I imagine him starting with the hidden word/phrase/number/image/etc. (whatever the hidden message is). Then, he would have to build the poem around it, placing and choosing words that would fill in the space around that hidden structure. Not only that, but the poem still needed to convey the nine clues to the casual reader. No wonder it took him 15 years.
            I think this is exactly why he said the people who solved the first two clues didn't know they solved them... indicating there is indeed a way to know the first two clues. Essentially, they guessed correctly but had no way to verify.
            Remember, he said "It seems logical to me that a deep thinking treasure searcher could use logic to determine an important clue to the location of the treasure."
            What does the hidden message say? Who knows... but I believe it indicates somehow exactly where WWWH is. If you can figure it out, you can definitely "move with confidence" through the nine clues. After all, Forrest said "Playing a hunch is not worth much in the search"
            Last edited by DesertCloak; 08-19-2019, 12:35 PM.
            Life is short and the world is wide

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DesertCloak View Post

              Thanks. I'm also convinced there is some type of steganography in the poem... though not as simplistic as my example.
              Forrest said the words were "placed" strategically. And that he "drew" the poem, and that it was created by an "architect." All these statements lead me to believe there is some kind of structure to the poem that is important.
              I imagine him starting with the hidden word/phrase/number/image/etc. (whatever the hidden message is). Then, he would have to build the poem around it, placing and choosing words that would fill in the space around that hidden structure. Not only that, but the poem still needed to convey the nine clues to the casual reader. No wonder it took him 15 years.
              I think this is exactly why he said the people who solved the first two clues didn't know they solved them... indicating there is indeed a way to know the first two clues. Essentially, they guessed correctly but had no way to verify.
              Remember, he said "It seems logical to me that a deep thinking treasure searcher could use logic to determine an important clue to the location of the treasure."
              What does the hidden message say? Who knows... but I believe it indicates somehow exactly where WWWH is. If you can figure it out, you can definitely "move with confidence" through the nine clues. After all, Forrest said "Playing a hunch is not worth much in the search"
              What about using a scientific approach? Something like Sherlock Holmes would do?
              "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

              Comment

              Working...
              X