Scrapbook 203

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vegfinnr View Post

Oh I figured that out on my first day here. Being threatened for being dismissive of trollbait and not breaking any of your otherwise reasonable rules just confirms it. Ban me if you want. Just be aware of what you're really encouraging when you do, per Anna's comment.

Just thought you might like the publicity, really. I'll direct it somewhere else.
    Peace
    So your first day trying to justify personal attacking did not work out to good for you.
    Weak arguments always spawn personal attacks.
    I'm the best there ever was with what you attempt to debate !

Comment

Oh I figured that out on my first day here. Being threatened for being dismissive of trollbait and not breaking any of your otherwise reasonable rules just confirms it. Ban me if you want. Just be aware of what you're really encouraging when you do, per Anna's comment.

Just thought you might like the publicity, really. I'll direct it somewhere else.
      Peace
      I don’t go back and read and and every part unless I am requested then I would certainly ban someone if I had to take the time to do so. In general just don’t get personal. Your posts were flagged by several, so I come in and make a simple warning. Thanks all. It helps everyone move on for the most part.

But then taking digs, asking to be banned, and saying you are bringing publicity just confirms the reason for the invitation flags and warning. I don’t need publicity in this hunt, or in life actually. I just want people to get along or simply leave each other alone in they don’t. Again, if you don’t like that or can’t do that, you don’t need to be here. I will consider this the last warning and again, let’s just all move one.

BTW, welcome, as I just noticed you are “new” here
      “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

I don’t go back and read and and every part unless I am requested then I would certainly ban someone if I had to take the time to do so.
        I was referring to a comment that was literally only two lines, namely this part: "That’s standard operating procedure for Treasurecodex. If you disagree with him you are stupid or simple minded."

I doubt you missed that general theme after some 1728 posts wherein you have banned people who have been victims of his attacks. Maybe the flagging and/or moderating policy could use some work...? Like, maybe you could actually assign a moderator role to someone who was up to the task, if you're not? Just my two cents as someone who has experience owning, administering and moderating web forums going back to the 90s. Take it or leave it.

Comment

I was referring to a comment that was literally only two lines, namely this part: "That’s standard operating procedure for Treasurecodex. If you disagree with him you are stupid or simple minded."

I doubt you missed that general theme after some 1728 posts wherein you have banned people who have been victims of his attacks. Maybe the flagging and/or moderating policy could use some work...? Like, maybe you could actually assign a moderator role to someone who was up to the task, if you're not? Just my two cents as someone who has experience owning, administering and moderating web forums going back to the 90s. Take it or leave it.
          Being new, you may not know how to hit “flag” on this forum software. When there is an issue, hit it. It alerts me. That is how moderation works. It is not about reading each and every single posting and response. I used to moderate a forum that had over 2000 posts a day, so I am seasoned in knowing how it works and I use here features of the software to assist. If my moderation is not up to your standards, well, there are other places you can go.

Thank goodness, it is rare here to need to watch that close. Typically if I come in and make a comment that I am watching and to clean up that is enough. But some new here don’t understand how this place works. I get it, I am here to help you. If I have to keep getting involved , I will go and look at particulars and take a heavier hand. 99% of the time people move along and all is well here.

You are calling out one person and want me to review 1700+ posts? That is just silly. You might not like a person here, that is ok, but hit flag if you see an issue. That is what people did with your posts. I also encourage you to turn the ignore feature on with someone you think has hundreds of thousands of posts that violate the rules, as it simply is not the case. If you think that, that person may get under your skin and it is best to ignore. I have them, we all have them. I don’t get that luxury, I review everyone.

Glad to hear you have lots of experience with forums and know how they work. Flag, ignore, and simply don’t get personal, it is pretty simple around these parts.

“Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Very funny, yes it will take me a while to clear all of the flags. Bye bye sugar pie.

Comment

Working...
            X