My Blaze...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

"Small" is relative. I think the blaze Fenn had in mind when he published the poem is longer than a Tesla (car, that is, not rocket or hyperloop).
    I think the blaze would fit in the palm of your hand! If it was big, every passer by would see it and I don’t think that’s the case although there’s a much greater chance that I’m wrong rather than being right though, that’s for sure.

Comment

Your clever use of words is impressive (not necessarily favorably).
      you are almost certainly uninformed....butt crack rock is MM phrase...it is a rock that he searched around years ago....I was simply quoting him...

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Ross View Post
        Arrowhead Arch......
        Hi Wayne: heard you on last Wednesday's Humpday Hoedown. Can't say I'm a fan of the spot (not just because it isn't in Montana). Forrest drove a sedan to where he parked to hide the treasure. Your description of your route sounds far from being "sedanable," don't you think? You had 4WD and it sounded like it still wasn't trivial for you.

Comment

Please tell us more about this.
          I have thread I started on this you can look for in the forum, or do a Bing search for NM-354 Arch. This now also takes you to our thread here.

Zapster - this same thread will answer some of your questions as well.

Toby at A Gypsy's Kiss has had fun on his show with the idea that the arch is the window at a certain time of day and year that the sun will shine through and light up the Blaze to guide you to the treasure location.
          Last edited by Wayne Ross; 08-13-2019, 10:20 PM. Reason: Added info on AGK

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

I think the blaze would fit in the palm of your hand! If it was big, every passer by would see it and I don’t think that’s the case although there’s a much greater chance that I’m wrong rather than being right though, that’s for sure.
            Spot-on. Favorite searcher. Your blaze talk is tight.
            Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

I suppose the blaze could be a very bright LED that is (directly or indirectly) solar-powered, and possibly blinking. But I don't suppose FF installed this at or near the hidey place with expectation of
              the setup lasting/functioning very effectively for hundreds of years. By the way, I don't envision every passer by seeing anyone's hand in particular.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the blaze would be about 3-4' long by 12-18" wide if it were still around. I'm just not convinced it is

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post

Spot-on. Favorite searcher. Your blaze talk is tight.
                  I could honestly care less what people think of me or my thoughts lol, I like to mess with people a lot, most of the time I lead people on.... but hey, I’m not the following type of searcher, I like it when my scenery changes !

If the blaze was big searchers wouldn’t walk right by it, they’d notice it. Forrest even told everyone, “what’s a blaze? A blaze is ANYTHING that STANDS out”! If it were big, it’d still have to stand out and if it did people wouldn’t walk on by it.

Comment

"While it's not impossible to remove the blaze it isn't feasible to try, and I am certain it's still there."
                    Chase Theme Song: The Good Ship Lollipop
                    Rule #X: Trust everyone without question even if they're on your blind side - consider yourself uninformed {T - 1:09 and counting}

Comment

I could honestly care less what people think of me or my thoughts lol, I like to mess with people a lot, most of the time I lead people on.... but hey, I’m not the following type of searcher, I like it when my scenery changes !

If the blaze was big searchers wouldn’t walk right by it, they’d notice it. Forrest even told everyone, “what’s a blaze? A blaze is ANYTHING that STANDS out”! If it were big, it’d still have to stand out and if it did people wouldn’t walk on by it.
                      Oh, so you accidentally (correctly) described the blaze!?
                      Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Absolutely love all of Fenn's minnie puzzles.
                        Here's a good one recently resurrected ~

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190815-105049_Chrome.jpg Views:	2 Size:	71.0 KB ID:	112672
                        Well opinions are like a..
                        but now consider this bit of observation
                        "Anything that stands out "
                        A-ny-thing
                        ... big apple
                        bi-ga-pple can be read a few ways...
                        I'll leave it at that, the heart shape itself is kinda
                        appealingly applish.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190811_135817.jpg Views:	2 Size:	120.6 KB ID:	112673

Reminds me of when I accidentally drove a big rig through a bay door... unfortunately the door was closed... butt not for long. I finally found the clutch and thank goodness, no one was working on the truck inside... it was the slowest and noisiest wreck one could imagine.
                        The company insurance paid for it, the hole my ass bit out of the seat... even paid for me to take a leak... love this country..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190813-221419_Instagram.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	112677
                        (Tophats are in this year, to expand capacity; )

​anyway y'all be careful out there.
                        love ya,

t
                        Last edited by Castellaw1685; 08-15-2019, 12:30 PM.
                        Page 9...

Comment

I may be wrong but I feel like Forrest said something along the lines of you aren't gonna find the blaze from home, you're gonna have to go BOTG to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post
                            I may be wrong but I feel like Forrest said something along the lines of you aren't gonna find the blaze from home, you're gonna have to go BOTG to find it.
                            Lowkey: he never said it or wrote it. He said you can't START out by looking for the blaze. The clues must lead you to it; paraphrasing: if you haven't nailed down WWWH, you have no chance in hell of figuring out the blaze. At no time does he ever strike the possibility of solving the blaze from home -- or in fact any of the clues.

Comment

Working...
                            X