No announcement yet.

Quit the chase - do it with class......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit the chase - do it with class......

I had gotten a good friend (who will remain nameless) these books while he was a searcher. I received this today, returned and a discussion that he is over the chase. Officially. He asked me to keep him posted if I ever see any new information that might break this chase loose, but he is ready to move on. I want to thank him for going out with some class. He is frustrated but not going to be a punk about not finding it. He wished me luck and got some updates on my thoughts on this crazy adventure. Kind of a sad I guess. He is officially out of the chase. I tip my hat to you today my friend.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	E5506EC3-527D-43A5-AAB3-3B238C3E43B3.jpeg
Views:	766
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	112273
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Originally posted by kpro View Post
    I had gotten a good friend (who will remain nameless) these books while he was a searcher. I received this today, returned and a discussion that he is over the chase. Officially. He asked me to keep him posted if I ever see any new information that might break this chase loose, but he is ready to move on. I want to thank him for going out with some class. He is frustrated but not going to be a punk about not finding it. He wished me luck and got some updates on my thoughts on this crazy adventure. Kind of a sad I guess. He is officially out of the chase. I tip my hat to you today my friend.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	E5506EC3-527D-43A5-AAB3-3B238C3E43B3.jpeg Views:	156 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	112273
    kpro This would not happen to be The searcher OH would it. We will all be there at some point, whether we have the chest or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post

kpro This would not happen to be The searcher OH would it. We will all be there at some point, whether we have the chest or not.
      No, not OH!. I have tried checking in with him, no response.
      “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

I think we will see an increased number of searchers leave the chase during the rest of this season...

Most of those self-proclaimed Lead Searchers and poem-solvers and overconfident wannabe-retrievers will be gone as well!

If there‘s a Lead Searcher he/she worked on the last Clues for months now... obviously without success....

So it does not seem to get progressively easier right? I can imagine this to be very frustrating as well!

So here‘s to all those stubborn searchers, who will work on this thing til the end!!!

Comment

Focus on the journey, not the destination.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post
            Focus on the journey, not the destination.
            And the Journey has been Wonderful !!!

P=I×V

Comment

If it is found in our lifetimes, I suspect we will all remember this time of limbo fondly. Those who are overly focused on the end may come to regret not enjoying the thrill, a time when anything was possible.
              "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

KPRO----Is your friend a college student? I ask because, with the appearance of the books you have pictured, it doesn't look as if the books have ever been opened. To excel at anything I believe you have to at least study the material. I predict, the books of the one who finds the chest will be marked up, well worn and falling apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                  KPRO----Is your friend a college student? I ask because, with the appearance of the books you have pictured, it doesn't look as if the books have ever been opened. To excel at anything I believe you have to at least study the material. I predict, the books of the one who finds the chest will be marked up, well worn and falling apart.
                  No, not in college anymore. He actually went through and highlighted misspellings and aberrations, so I am finding a value in them. Some I don’t recall seeing before.

You should see Mike’s TTOTC, the pages are taped back together. And that was his second, the first one is no longer in existence.

We all have our journey!

Comment

Originally posted by Copper
                    Make sure you charge him for postage when he asks for your books back.
                    Don’t think so, this is the second year with no BOTG, but he kept following the chase, now....... this is the final step. Maybe though.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post
                      If it is found in our lifetimes, I suspect we will all remember this time of limbo fondly. Those who are overly focused on the end may come to regret not enjoying the thrill, a time when anything was possible.
                      Limbo. Good one.

By the way, I'm not particularly anti-"groove", myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post

And the Journey has been Wonderful !!!

P=I×V
                        More power to you Countryboy!

Comment

Nature marches on. I wonder if even Mr. Fenn could find his chest now. Perhaps the spot has been found, but overgrowth or rock tumbles have covered it up.

Comment

SO VHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE TRANSYLVANIA TWIST? Sorry caps lock..

https://youtu.be/MLl4d1KlxZ4

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit View Post
                              Nature marches on. I wonder if even Mr. Fenn could find his chest now. Perhaps the spot has been found, but overgrowth or rock tumbles have covered it up.
                              I believe Mr. Fenn chose a place that's relatively stable re: rock tumbles, plant growth, human encroachment, and the like.

Comment

Working...
                              X