People should team up based on county/area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People should team up based on county/area

NOT to share solves or split the trove, but save money on fuel and expenses & better safety, arriving at a narrowed area, and then dispurse to their own acres. A finder could give the others a couple coins or whatever. Just saying this because it might be the only way I can get out to look again.
    Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Just saying, I'm not worried about people knowing where I want to look, after meeting them, as I would ride off on my bike in another direction, but it may be a way for us to be in on the finding of the box...
    Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

I do enterprise weekend Fri am to Mon am for $94 + 150 gas. Wy is 1300 miles, get there second day early recon till 3-4 drive back. And then go on computer till next boots, it's very nature oriented and natural. Be oinker aware!. And truckers don't convoy anymore, they just cut us off. If you fold the seats down, you can put your head in the trunk and sleep full length, super comfi!

Comment

Originally posted by khan View Post
        I do enterprise weekend Fri am to Mon am for $94 + 150 gas. Wy is 1300 miles, get there second day early recon till 3-4 drive back. And then go on computer till next boots, it's very nature oriented and natural. Be oinker aware!. And truckers don't convoy anymore, they just cut us off. If you fold the seats down, you can put your head in the trunk and sleep full length, super comfi!
        I'm in SW NM needing to head north. What's your 20?

Comment

Ah, and I take it you are looking at NW WY?

Comment

Considering it's been nearly a decade of futility in terms of searches by individuals, maybe it's time to consider the group effort.
            Personally, I'd rather have 20% of something instead of 100% of nothing.

Comment

I'm down for the group effort. My search area is Hebgen Lake/Red Canyon near West Yellowstone. I have a year of research just focused on this specific area and have made 3 BOTG trips there already.

Comment

The problem with any arrangement like this comes after a successful find. And then it's potentially a big, big problem, especially if you want to keep it quiet for a little or a long while.
                "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post
                  The problem with any arrangement like this comes after a successful find. And then it's potentially a big, big problem, especially if you want to keep it quiet for a little or a long while.
                  How about the problem of partnering up with internet strangers ?
                  Isn't that a wee bit of an issue ?

Comment

Forrest hid it by himself , One must find it by thereself

Comment

Originally posted by thehomeofBrown.com View Post
                      I'm down for the group effort. My search area is Hebgen Lake/Red Canyon near West Yellowstone. I have a year of research just focused on this specific area and have made 3 BOTG trips there already.
                      That Hebgen is rather intriguing. If all my other solves fail, I will kick myself and then get the scuba eqpmt for the coordinates I have in the lake. I would never check Yellowstone area again unless it were the lake.
                      I'm not worried about internet strangers, really, a dozen other internet strangers here would know people are out and meeting up. But I post this thread knowing for sure there won't be a meetup.
                      Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 08-09-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I go economy all the way, where my gas and wear on vehicle are my only true costs. A rare shower is too a cost but I sleep in my car and eat what I bring... those restroom moments I cherish but I have found the nice ones on my way. 3 tanks of gas is all I need and I only take a 4 hour Friday vacation from my job to get an early Saturday start... Anyone can do that! Why Join up?
                        Last edited by Coinaster; 08-09-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

You guys can come together and buy my map.

$ 1.000,000 is the price of my FF treasure map with a "X". Half the amount paid in advance ... the rest after the treasure is recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post
                            You guys can come together and buy my map.

$ 1.000,000 is the price of my FF treasure map with a "X". Half the amount paid in advance ... the rest after the treasure is recovered.
                            $1.00 = one dollar
                            They might have to pool their money, but I'm sure they can scrape that much together.
                            Or did you mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

Comment

Originally posted by thehomeofBrown.com View Post
                              My search area is in the same neck of the woods, although a little northwest of Red Canyon.
                              Like yourself, I've also been in the hunt for just over a year, but due to the distance from my home to the search area,
                              I have yet to go BOTG.
                              And to be honest, I don't believe I have pin-pointed the exact spot yet, so I'd prefer to wait rather than just wander aimlessly.

Comment

Working...
                              X