How does Forrest gage....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Forrest gage....

that nobody has been closer than 200 feet? An dhow is he sooo confident in that? He said 200 feet is a really accurate quote.

Shoot your shot. Goooooo

He said in an interview that he saw a picture.

Comment

Sounds like "target practice" to me.......

Comment

I don't think it matters much how accurate FF's estimates are about how close people were, because he is such a master at being vague. When the TC was in his house, for example, people
        were within 20 feet of the TC several times. Do you remember reading about people seeing the TC there? I suggest you go back to the poem . . . and a dictionary, if not afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
          I don't think it matters much how accurate FF's estimates are about how close people were, because he is such a master at being vague. When the TC was in his house, for example, people
          were within 20 feet of the TC several times. Do you remember reading about people seeing the TC there? I suggest you go back to the poem . . . and a dictionary, if not afraid.
          Lol im not afraid. But I suggest you go back to where he said that nobody was closer than 200 feet and that was very accurate, so the point your trying to convey probably has something to do with confirmation bias. If anybody was near his vault they be closer than 200 feet so that’s most definitely not what he was referring to. And there is nothing “vague” about his 200 foot remarks. Nothing vague at all. As a matter of fact, this is what the 200 foot searcher SHOULD be focused on because they CANT get any closer until they find something and im
          not
          saying what that is, but it’s VERY VeRY important.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Forrest has never specified whether that 200 feet is a horizontal ground distance, point-to-point (line of sight) distance, route distance, or even altitude-only difference (in which case the actual distance could be thousands of miles). The last case is probably too liberal, but you get the idea: the terms have not been precisely defined.

Comment

It's hard to believe no one has been closer than 200 ft.
              https://youtu.be/X9uk9IcoQ0w

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
                that nobody has been closer than 200 feet? An dhow is he sooo confident in that? He said 200 feet is a really accurate quote.

Shoot your shot. Goooooo
                My opinion is its at the Lamar buffalo ranch close to the wolf pen's on or around rose creek .. basically any where in that close vicinity (to the wolf pen's or the ranch) see's a reasonable amount of activity year round. from Cooke city to Gardiner is open all winter to motor vehicles and people hike that area all the time.
                so if someone shared specifics about where they were on the ranch then that would be pretty easy to determine. Hey Forrest we looked for your treasure and didn't find it but had good time hiking up to bison peak, stopped by the wolf pen's (insert you location here)..

not rocket science..
                Last edited by 1keyword; 08-06-2019, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Let's pretend you're driving your car at 50 mph on a deserted highway, 6 lanes wide. Now also pretend that there is an obstacle in the highway that momentarily blocks 5 out of six lanes and you have to thread the needle staying only in the open lane while going 50 mph. The obstruction only is very temporary and then you are back to six open lanes. Now pretend the chest is hidden off the road, exactly 200' from the one open lane, but 500' after the obstruction. Yes it is possible that immediately while traveling 50 mph past the obstruction someone may feel are great desire to change lanes, yet traveling at roughly 50 feet/seconds, most people after ten seconds just as they pass the chest, they haven't changed lanes. and are exactly 200' away as they zoom by.

Comment

I think it is what Forrest said it was. A lot of people share where they have searched with him, and because of that he knows some people have been within 200’. The rest of the comment about 500’ could relate to a road, a path or trail, or even a tourist attraction.

In a popular solution theory for the Rio de Los Pinos, the 500’ could refer to the Cumbres and Toltec RR passengers. Many fisherman fish the river, Toby and Shelley at AGK have walked a lot of it, and Doug Scott has traversed the whole Toltec Gorge and even been to Arrowhead Arch. This is otherwise a fairly remote area, but it would not have been hard to determine that some people have been within 200’ and a lot of people could have been within 500’.

it is important also to remember that he was talking about searchers in the 200’ comment, but I think the 500’ comment refers to the general public. But your question was how does he know no one has been closer than 200’. Did he say that?
                    Last edited by Wayne Ross; 08-07-2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Ross View Post
                      But your question was how does he know no one has been closer than 200’. Did he say that?
                      " I don't know that anyone has been closer than 200 feet of the treasure."
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FIOy9TggUc

Watch the vid. He says how he knows.
                      ==============================

@4:00 - 7:30
                      @14:30
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ec43tNkajAM
                      Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 08-07-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The 8 ft. Searcher View Post
                        It's hard to believe no one has been closer than 200 ft.
                        At least were within 200 feet and let Fenn know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                          Sounds like "target practice" to me.......
                          i was in my search area and someone started shooting target practice, only one ricochete, no worries, i would search a live gun range... jk.

Comment

Originally posted by Anon Anon View Post
                            He said in an interview that he saw a picture.
                            I sent a photograph..
                            https://youtu.be/Za9YMxLKH-A https://youtu.be/jDK7sRLn-3E

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

" I don't know that anyone has been closer than 200 feet of the treasure."
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FIOy9TggUc

Watch the vid. He says how he knows.
                              ==============================

@4:00 - 7:30
                              @14:30
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ec43tNkajAM
                              I don’t think anyone can get closer than 200 feet and NOT find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X