Has anyone considered.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone considered.....

Considering the amazing stories and coincidences of people, places, and things lining up with this mind-boggling search, could it be possible that Mr. Fenn spent years working on the "false leads?"
    Let's take for example, the new story on Dal's site, FINDING FORREST - how great is that? But what was the end product - no thing.
    And there are so many others that have been published as well as the many, many that have not been mentioned.
    I have a few myself. Did I find something at those locations? Yes. Was it Fenn's treasure? No.
    Could this mean something - a lesson in and of itself. Think about it. "Suum cuique"

I’ve been thinking about this, too. Not as false leads, but more like “we’ll get to the treasure, but I wanted to show you this first!” I’m not convinced I’m in the correct area anymore, but I did find a message in a very specific place that helps further my solve. Maybe F put it there. But now I’m stuck.

Comment

Perhaps I should not have said "false leads" but instead "roads other than the route he took" But hay - maybe those roads will get us there, somewhere.

Comment

Yes, once you are on the right path, you then notice that there are over 100 real possibilities in the Rockies. I won't elaborate. Some know what I mean.
        Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
          Yes, once you are on the right path, you then notice that there are over 100 real possibilities in the Rockies. I won't elaborate. Some know what I mean.
          They all get you to the top tho - don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

They all get you to the top tho - don't they?
            -mostly- at the tops, but practically all don't get within a mile.
            Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

I'm tipping my hat to Forrest. He has invented this game of a treasure hunt for a number of reasons I suspect. One of those reasons is to follow our progress and to live vicariously through our travels as we explore those areas so dear to him, but now out of reach. He is quite clever, sometimes placing clues or hints right under our noses. The difficulty for us is to decide what is a hint and what is just a coincidence. So is it a hint that wal-mart anagrames to ....awl tram ? An awl sounds like owl. A sewing awl put out the eye of a three-year-old child. The cornea is a privileged site and receives no blood supply. So when injured and our body now "sees" it, our immune system thinks its a foreign substance and produces antibodies against our own corneal tissue. This fact caused that three year old to lose the vision in his good eye, going completely blind. As an adult, that boy used that same sewing awl to make indentations on paper developing a system of reading for the blind. The last name of that Frenchman was braille.

So with Forrest's stories about blind people (writing to him, Helen Keller, etc.) does the Wal-mart anagram have anything to do with the quest?

1f

Comment

Considering the amazing stories and coincidences of people, places, and things lining up with this mind-boggling search, could it be possible that Mr. Fenn spent years working on the "false leads?"
                Let's take for example, the new story on Dal's site, FINDING FORREST - how great is that? But what was the end product - no thing.
                And there are so many others that have been published as well as the many, many that have not been mentioned.
                I have a few myself. Did I find something at those locations? Yes. Was it Fenn's treasure? No.
                Could this mean something - a lesson in and of itself. Think about it. "Suum cuique"
                He put up tr, 23, and mixed in the solves that are worthy. I don't see any red herrings in anything he does. Where are latest posts now? Messages to other searchers stirring up the pot. Sometimes i'll find one accidentally they're telling. Dal gets all that info first, and he can scrutinize whether to post it. He posts the play alongs, as sherif says, the braille ideas. It's one thing to read lips and sign, but braille is a different animal. I live in kanorado, visit me at the oasis, weed is illegal here and business is booming!

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                  I'm tipping my hat to Forrest. He has invented this game of a treasure hunt for a number of reasons I suspect. One of those reasons is to follow our progress and to live vicariously through our travels as we explore those areas so dear to him, but now out of reach. He is quite clever, sometimes placing clues or hints right under our noses. The difficulty for us is to decide what is a hint and what is just a coincidence. So is it a hint that wal-mart anagrames to ....awl tram ? An awl sounds like owl. A sewing awl put out the eye of a three-year-old child. The cornea is a privileged site and receives no blood supply. So when injured and our body now "sees" it, our immune system thinks its a foreign substance and produces antibodies against our own corneal tissue. This fact caused that three year old to lose the vision in his good eye, going completely blind. As an adult, that boy used that same sewing awl to make indentations on paper developing a system of reading for the blind. The last name of that Frenchman was braille.

So with Forrest's stories about blind people (writing to him, Helen Keller, etc.) does the Wal-mart anagram have anything to do with the quest?

1f
                  Maybe Wal-mart doesn't need to be anagrammed.
                  Just a thot - could it be "Wall Art" ?

Comment

I saw this solve and/or way of thinking by Casey and kind of just skimmed through it because it dealt with mines and didn't pay much attention to it. Well, I re-read it and thought it was very well thought out. I really liked the part about the pelvic bone!! So weird that it was there.

In one of my past BOTG adventures a year ago, I also came across a gate that protected a private road that I had no idea was there. I had never been in the area before and It threw my whole day off from there. I had no idea how far the private road went and I had to try to take a different route to get to the destination that was mine before.

Well, it already took an hour to get to where that stupid gate was and I lost service an hour and a half ago. Luckily my paper map was with me to try to find a different route. Unluckily, my vehicle wasn't ideal for the 'off-roading' conditions. It worked ok but was slow and frustrating, but finally I decided to park somewhere and hike a different route to get to the area I wanted to check.

End the end, my hike didn't pan out. I didn't feel like jumping down a 100ft cliff. The hike was longer than I wanted and I was defeated, so I turned around and went back to where I parked. Even though it was over 90 degrees and uphill on the way back, it still was a great experience going off trail like that!!

I thank Forrest for the great adventure!! One day I may go back to try again. Also, thanks for the thread WWW.

MC

Comment

Moody - I had to laugh at your first paragraph and the sentence "I really liked the part about the pelvic bone!"
                      I immediately thot he's written something on the wrong thread. But then, I thot again about how "things" are connected - or so they seem to be.
                      Whether or not I got the gist of what you were saying, thank you for the compliment.

Comment

Maybe Wal-mart doesn't need to be anagrammed.
                        Just a thot - could it be "Wall Art" ?
                        Nice try WWW. While I like what you did there, you added an “L” and subtracted an “M.” ff would never condone such liberties to be taken with the King of Retail’s namesake. RAW-MALT, on the other hand, is the obvious choice. Malt, of course, is barley that has been steeped during the process of distilling and making brew. But RAW malt is another way of saying UN-STEEPED barley. So Fenn takes us to the precipice of intoxication, then reverses the malting process, and walks us back from the ledge.

But wait, there’s more …

By referencing Wal-Mart, Fenn is clearly leading us to a BARLEY FIELD as our home of Brown, but not just ANY Barley field, but an “UN-STEEP” one. So many searches hear “Canyon” and make the mistake of going some place STEEP in order to descend into the home of Brown. While it’s never okay to discriminate against brown people, especially in retail, with HOME of Brown it’s an absolute necessity. The searcher who decodes all this will have to walk the razor’s edge. Remember never to go someplace a 97 year old man couldn’t go! And ff said himself no place steep! Hence, RAW MALT!

Of course ff would “run out of gas” – this is his way of telling us where to GET OUT of our CAR and PUT IN a’walking. Just think about it – did Jesus DRIVE into the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights? Was he in a Lincoln SUV sporting luxurious features to put a wry smile on Matthew McConaughey’s face? Or did he WALK? Jesus, you could metaphorically say, like Fenn, “ran out of gas.”
                        WAL-MART, once decoded, informs the discriminating searcher of the tragic mistake of walking down into a STEEP terrain in search of the HoB. Instead, the searcher must descend into the STEEP metaphysical terrain of his own psyche, while ‘discriminating’ on Brown, while NOT discriminating AGAINST Brown. To win this epic task, one must walk in paradox. Which is not to say a “pair a’ docs” – while Christ was a healer, he was no Hippocrite, which is to say he took no Hippocratic oath. He was both MD (Man Down in the trenches) but not an MD (Medical Doctor, or Monsoon Dweller for that matter, because he, Jesus, as his own father, in the beginning, promised never to drown us under a monsoon again. That covenant is one you can hang your hat on!).

So with this solve, you’re looking for an UNSTEEP BARLEY FIELD. That should get you within 4 fathoms of Indulgence. Here’s where it gets tricky …

SECOND OPTION for HoB –
                        MALT, aka RAW MALT, can also mean … you guessed it …
                        OVALTINE!
                        How many times has ff mentioned OVALTINE?!!
                        Hear me? HEAR ME ALL???
                        Ovaltine is made from CHOCOLATE MALT.
                        Ever hear ff mention Chocolate?
                        Dizzy Dean. Babe RUTH. Baby Ruth Wrappers … THREE. Indulgence. The list goes awn and awn.
                        Now hear’s what’s interesting …
                        INDULGENCE = CHOCOLATE (Remember those 90’s commercials for a Symphony Bar??)
                        Home of Brown = WAL-MART
                        WAL-MART = RAW MALT.
                        RAW MALT = OVALTINE
                        OVALTINE = CHOCOLATE
                        So then by powers of deductive induction:
                        HoB = CHOCOLATE POTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Where are the Chocolate Pots?
                        YELLOWSTONE!!!
                        What’s wright beneath this spot?
                        A DOUBLE OXBOW in the GIBBON RIVER!
                        What’s a DOUBLE OXBOW? ……………………… TWO OMEGAS!
                        Now here’s where it gets crazy – CHOCOLATE POTS is an ARTIST PAINT POT
                        How does this connect back to ERIC SLOANE?
                        THINK ABOUT IT ...
                        I can draw multiple tangents from this very spot.
                        AND, I have reverse engineered a WWWH from this spot as well.
                        There’s a creek just down that goes to WATER HIGH.
                        AND there’s a BLAZE.
                        I believe I could go pick this thing up, IF I walk in faith.
                        #40Days40Nights
                        Too High. Too Low. Just right!
                        • A Leach, OUT! For now. (I’ll unveil more of this later-gaters #GRINS)

Comment

Moody - I had to laugh at your first paragraph and the sentence "I really liked the part about the pelvic bone!"
                          I immediately thot he's written something on the wrong thread. But then, I thot again about how "things" are connected - or so they seem to be.
                          Whether or not I got the gist of what you were saying, thank you for the compliment.
                          Oh wow!! I can now see how that could be taken lol. Please don't ban me Kpro. I swear it wasn't about "va...va...vacillating". I should have said cow pelvic bone. Did I just say that?? Sorry Kpro.... didn't mean that either. Huge fan of Cowlazars, and you of course!!!

Someone lend me a shovel please. I'll just keep digging this hole deeper. I will let Forrest know how deep it is when I'm done

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                            Maddening

Comment

Originally posted by A Leach View Post

Nice try WWW. While I like what you did there, you added an “L” and subtracted an “M.” ff would never condone such liberties to be taken with the King of Retail’s namesake. RAW-MALT, on the other hand, is the obvious choice. Malt, of course, is barley that has been steeped during the process of distilling and making brew. But RAW malt is another way of saying UN-STEEPED barley. So Fenn takes us to the precipice of intoxication, then reverses the malting process, and walks us back from the ledge.

But wait, there’s more …

By referencing Wal-Mart, Fenn is clearly leading us to a BARLEY FIELD as our home of Brown, but not just ANY Barley field, but an “UN-STEEP” one. So many searches hear “Canyon” and make the mistake of going some place STEEP in order to descend into the home of Brown. While it’s never okay to discriminate against brown people, especially in retail, with HOME of Brown it’s an absolute necessity. The searcher who decodes all this will have to walk the razor’s edge. Remember never to go someplace a 97 year old man couldn’t go! And ff said himself no place steep! Hence, RAW MALT!

Of course ff would “run out of gas” – this is his way of telling us where to GET OUT of our CAR and PUT IN a’walking. Just think about it – did Jesus DRIVE into the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights? Was he in a Lincoln SUV sporting luxurious features to put a wry smile on Matthew McConaughey’s face? Or did he WALK? Jesus, you could metaphorically say, like Fenn, “ran out of gas.”
                              WAL-MART, once decoded, informs the discriminating searcher of the tragic mistake of walking down into a STEEP terrain in search of the HoB. Instead, the searcher must descend into the STEEP metaphysical terrain of his own psyche, while ‘discriminating’ on Brown, while NOT discriminating AGAINST Brown. To win this epic task, one must walk in paradox. Which is not to say a “pair a’ docs” – while Christ was a healer, he was no Hippocrite, which is to say he took no Hippocratic oath. He was both MD (Man Down in the trenches) but not an MD (Medical Doctor, or Monsoon Dweller for that matter, because he, Jesus, as his own father, in the beginning, promised never to drown us under a monsoon again. That covenant is one you can hang your hat on!).

So with this solve, you’re looking for an UNSTEEP BARLEY FIELD. That should get you within 4 fathoms of Indulgence. Here’s where it gets tricky …

SECOND OPTION for HoB –
                              MALT, aka RAW MALT, can also mean … you guessed it …
                              OVALTINE!
                              How many times has ff mentioned OVALTINE?!!
                              Hear me? HEAR ME ALL???
                              Ovaltine is made from CHOCOLATE MALT.
                              Ever hear ff mention Chocolate?
                              Dizzy Dean. Babe RUTH. Baby Ruth Wrappers … THREE. Indulgence. The list goes awn and awn.
                              Now hear’s what’s interesting …
                              INDULGENCE = CHOCOLATE (Remember those 90’s commercials for a Symphony Bar??)
                              Home of Brown = WAL-MART
                              WAL-MART = RAW MALT.
                              RAW MALT = OVALTINE
                              OVALTINE = CHOCOLATE
                              So then by powers of deductive induction:
                              HoB = CHOCOLATE POTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Where are the Chocolate Pots?
                              YELLOWSTONE!!!
                              What’s wright beneath this spot?
                              A DOUBLE OXBOW in the GIBBON RIVER!
                              What’s a DOUBLE OXBOW? ……………………… TWO OMEGAS!
                              Now here’s where it gets crazy – CHOCOLATE POTS is an ARTIST PAINT POT
                              How does this connect back to ERIC SLOANE?
                              THINK ABOUT IT ...
                              I can draw multiple tangents from this very spot.
                              AND, I have reverse engineered a WWWH from this spot as well.
                              There’s a creek just down that goes to WATER HIGH.
                              AND there’s a BLAZE.
                              I believe I could go pick this thing up, IF I walk in faith.
                              #40Days40Nights
                              Too High. Too Low. Just right!
                              • A Leach, OUT! For now. (I’ll unveil more of this later-gaters #GRINS)
                              WHEW - this just blew me away.
                              Did you think that up or did it just come to you?
                              Gonna read this again S..L..O..W..L..Y and try to digest it.
                              You definitely got it right tho - if you walk in Faith - you gonna find yourself some treasure.
                              Last edited by wwwamericana; 09-10-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X