Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JaS<3
    replied
    Material worth does not define a person, it defines their desire.
    The true worth of a person lays within their soul.

Leave a comment:

• Wraith14u
    replied
    If you have been wise and found the BLAZE.."in a word, yes"

Leave a comment:

• JaS<3
    replied
    https://youtu.be/l8WMGBuNaus

Leave a comment:

• JaS<3
    replied
    Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Agreed.
    If the solution is never revealed, it will serve to enhance the mystery, and the legend will outlive all of us.
    That's much better than 15 minutes of fame, as far as I care.
    The word mystery , in nature , beckons one to question & all question the quest , for the answer. By the very definition of the word "legend", Forrest has already accomplished. We All have 15 mins. of fame , rather the World notices or not

Leave a comment:

• ROLL TIDE
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonSays

I am one who believes the mystery will be better for everyone than the actual solution spoon fed to them.
    Agreed.
    If the solution is never revealed, it will serve to enhance the mystery, and the legend will outlive all of us.
    That's much better than 15 minutes of fame, as far as I care.

Leave a comment:

• JaS<3
    replied
    https://youtu.be/M7u5SdjDSQQ

Leave a comment:

• JaS<3
    replied

I am one who believes the mystery will be better for everyone than the actual solution spoon fed to them.
    https://youtu.be/JnbfuAcCqpY

Leave a comment:

• JaS<3
    replied
    Sorry, I just ain't feelin' the "Forrest did this to save Planet Earth" groove.
    AND that is why he did this Adventure in the classroom of Life.
    https://youtu.be/NrI-UBIB8Jk
    Peace

Leave a comment:

• ROLL TIDE
    replied
    Sorry, I just ain't feelin' the "Forrest did this to save Planet Earth" groove.

Leave a comment:

• JaS<3
    replied

Aint that the truth.
    I'm amazed at the number of searchers who feel that the finder will owe any of us anything.
    Those folks better hope that I'm not the one to find it. Otherwise, they are going to be sorely disappointed.
    I would make sure that the find is announced. PERIOD. END OF STORY.
    If anyone feels I owe them anything more, they definitely have me confused with someone else.
    I've never met any searchers, never been to any of the get-togethers, never asked anyone to help me with the clues, never borrowed, stole, pirated or plagiarized any part of my solution, and haven't had any financial backers or sponsors. So, who is it that I would owe something to ?

Seriously, the doors open, classes begin, and you give it everything you've got in an attempt to pass the course.
    It turns out, that you're the only one who had what it took to graduate.
    Your effort pays off and you succeed in life.
    Swimming pools and movie stars.

Does this mean that you now owe all of your classmates who failed to graduate ?
    Are you now obligated to maintain an open-house to appease those who failed ?
    BUT, the responsibility is to man-kind, not just the search community. Is this not all for the betterment of Planet earth & man - kind ? If one "student" was effected by the chase and changed the environment around them ( mental & physical) , would it not have a ripple effect ? Each and every person on this planet owes it to themselves & each other to " smile at a homely girl"

Leave a comment:

• ROLL TIDE
    replied
    I remember sean stating that the eventual finder owes the community, because surely they have helped him/her with all their brilliant ideas over the years. I find that laughable.
    I am still married to the same solve I constructed with a very limited awareness of the chase.
    I saw Josh Gates talking about it on Expedition Unknown.
    I took the challenge and found a copy of the poem online.
    I immediately recognized something in the poem as being something I was familiar with. ( It was waaaaay too easy. It STOOD OUT. )
    I went to Google Earth and found it after a spell.
    The rest of the clues became seated after employing diligent research toward knowing this place.

My solve was born before I ever looked at any of these sites. Before I ordered the book even.

Almost four years later, I still awake with the same solve.
    Nothing has changed, other than I've made an adjustment concerning the blaze a few times.

Nothing that Forrest has said in the book or any of his ATFs has dissuaded me from my location.
    Nothing I have researched.
    Nothing anyone has said on any of these sites.

The solve remains the same.
    I don't owe anyone anything.

Leave a comment:

• ROLL TIDE
    replied
    Originally posted by Captainahabseeks1
    . . . searchers are going to be pissed off that there are no "participation trophies." . . . beyond that searchers are simply grappling with entitlement issues which is not the finders responsibility.
    Aint that the truth.
    I'm amazed at the number of searchers who feel that the finder will owe any of us anything.
    Those folks better hope that I'm not the one to find it. Otherwise, they are going to be sorely disappointed.
    I would make sure that the find is announced. PERIOD. END OF STORY.
    If anyone feels I owe them anything more, they definitely have me confused with someone else.
    I've never met any searchers, never been to any of the get-togethers, never asked anyone to help me with the clues, never borrowed, stole, pirated or plagiarized any part of my solution, and haven't had any financial backers or sponsors. So, who is it that I would owe something to ?

Seriously, the doors open, classes begin, and you give it everything you've got in an attempt to pass the course.
    It turns out, that you're the only one who had what it took to graduate.
    Your effort pays off and you succeed in life.
    Swimming pools and movie stars.

Does this mean that you now owe all of your classmates who failed to graduate ?
    Are you now obligated to maintain an open-house to appease those who failed ?

Leave a comment:

• Anna Graham
    replied
    Originally posted by Seannm View Post

The selling off of the chest to some wealthy individual who would keep it in their private collection only to show it to their other wealthy friends is very short sighted and not, in my opinion, in line with what this whole endeavor is about. But who are we to dictate to the eventual finder what the proper displacement of the treasure chest is. I however am of the opinion that the story, not the physical item, is of more value to those who have participated in this endeavor versus those with the means to just buy the thrill.

Seannm
    The 800 pound gorilla in the room is the IRS. The IRS will demand their pound of flesh. How do you propose the finder satisfy the government’s bite while also satisfying the egalitarian needs of the search community?
    Last edited by Anna Graham; 08-08-2019, 03:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TreasureCodex
    replied
    Originally posted by Seannm View Post

The selling off of the chest to some wealthy individual who would keep it in their private collection only to show it to their other wealthy friends is very short sighted and not, in my opinion, in line with what this whole endeavor is about. But who are we to dictate to the eventual finder what the proper displacement of the treasure chest is. I however am of the opinion that the story, not the physical item, is of more value to those who have participated in this endeavor versus those with the means to just buy the thrill.

Seannm
    So you are saying you would snub 5-8 mill for the chest ? And your grand vision is what ?

Leave a comment:

• TreasureCodex
    replied
    Originally posted by StandingWolf View Post

That is the one time auction value. However, if you market the chest, I believe you could merchandise it to exceed $10 million in sales. Besides, the value of the secret item inside may be worth more than the 8 million and it's value may be priceless.
    I would make 3d copies of the chest and many of the items that are unique so they can be replicated. Even wooden replicas of the chest would sell. Maybe in much better quantity than any bronze ones would. Ya, the secret item could remain the secret item.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X