Understanding Dizzy Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have been wise and found the BLAZE.."in a word, yes"
    "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

• Material worth does not define a person, it defines their desire.
      The true worth of a person lays within their soul.

Comment

• Wasn't Dizzy Dean Right Handed?

OUAW doodle depicts a South Paw.

Wondering if this is just an illustrator error

or if it could be the 'Drawing Nigh.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed E. Waters View Post
          Wasn't Dizzy Dean Right Handed?

OUAW doodle depicts a South Paw.

Wondering if this is just an illustrator error

or if it could be the 'Drawing Nigh.'
          Dizzy was a righty, and the doodle appears to depict a righty. Note the orientation of the feet, and imagine you're standing at first base watching him pitch from the mound. The heals face you, and the toes point toward third. Still, with some imagination, I can see the stick figure as a lefty with the toes pointed *toward* me (or perhaps more like 2/3 of the way up the first base line). It's like the spinning ballerina silhouette optical illusion -- some see her spinning clockwise, some counterclockwise, and some can switch back and forth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Dizzy was a righty, and the doodle appears to depict a righty. Note the orientation of the feet, and imagine you're standing at first base watching him pitch from the mound. The heals face you, and the toes point toward third. Still, with some imagination, I can see the stick figure as a lefty with the toes pointed *toward* me (or perhaps more like 2/3 of the way up the first base line). It's like the spinning ballerina silhouette optical illusion -- some see her spinning clockwise, some counterclockwise, and some can switch back and forth.
            I see what you mean. In a previous life I played first base. From that vantage I always saw a lefty's face and the back of a righty's head. As I see the face on this one, I was going with lefty, but as stick men tend to lack dimension, I suppose I can see a valid argument to be made on either side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed E. Waters View Post

I see what you mean. In a previous life I played first base. From that vantage I always saw a lefty's face and the back of a righty's head. As I see the face on this one, I was going with lefty, but as stick men tend to lack dimension, I suppose I can see a valid argument to be made on either side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md2k4NdOPmA

Peace,

O.

Comment

• The doodle says me. Look in the mirror and draw a picture of yourself. You become a southpaw. Just saying.......

Comment

• Originally posted by John Smith View Post
                  The doodle says me. Look in the mirror and draw a picture of yourself. You become a southpaw. Just saying.......
                  Well, we know Fenn likes to play with mirror images ...

Comment

• For me, Forrest is hinting to look for a pine tree.

Comment

• For some reason the name Dizzy Dean makes me want to take a nap...
                      Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
                      Righty-O!

Comment

• I did not read through all the comments. But I can guarantee the time magazine did not have JD Salinger death on the cover.

Comment

• Sally C. where can I find the ff comment. There are 10 billion blazes out there? I've never seen that one before.
                          Also someone mentioned the blaze can not be manmade. ( source) Why is that? It is a object.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
                            Sally C. where can I find the ff comment. There are 10 billion blazes out there? I've never seen that one before.
                            Also someone mentioned the blaze can not be manmade. ( source) Why is that? It is a object.
                            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                            --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

• Yup. Missed that. Thanks. Not sure how to take that. 10 billion of what his blaze is.. Or what people ideas of what the blaze might be. If it's 10 billion of one thing. Trees does sound preferable. But I doubt it. A tree is very feasible to move. I'd lean more towards something Rockish.... I would not consider a star a clue in the poem. There not very planet earth geographical . I never figured out why he so adamant you can't find the treasure without knowing wwwh? I got you can't find the blaze in a car. But if someone told you the 3rd & 4th clue. and /Or why he hid the treasure where he did. I think you might have a shot starting in the middle. 10 billion of the exact same thing that you would look at. then look down . hmmmm That's almost as deep as a hole.
                              Last edited by Sunburnt1; 01-16-2020, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
                                Yup. Missed that. Thanks. Not sure how to take that. 10 billion of what his blaze is.. Or what people ideas of what the blaze might be. If it's 10 billion of one thing. Trees does sound preferable. But I doubt it. A tree is very feasible to move. I'd lean more towards something Rockish.... I would not consider a star a clue in the poem. There not very planet earth geographical . I never figured out why he so adamant you can't find the treasure without knowing wwwh? I got you can't find the blaze in a car. But if someone told you the 3rd & 4th clue. and /Or why he hid the treasure where he did. I think you might have a shot starting in the middle. 10 billion of the exact same thing that you would look at. then look down . hmmmm That's almost as deep as a hole.
                                Without having a solid answer and understanding it, you can't solve the rest of the poem - you might think you can, but you can't. That's my take on it anyway.
                                One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

Comment

Working...
                                X