Understanding Dizzy Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Copper
    This is a great write-up ending with a star.

https://www.findingfenn.com/single-p...locks-the-poem
    Good pick up. The wolf was written many good articles on the star concept. Don’t see much discussion on his work.

Comment

Did Dizzy drink beer ? & how many did he drink ?
      ( dust cover " 6 pack of beer" ) ? & who bought the beer ?

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

I agree.
        Then again, they may be twisted already and they're seeing something no one else has seen.
        If that were the case, they may not see any need for hurry.
        They might even be the type to have a solve so cocky that it has inflated the psi and they therefore,suffer from head pressure.
        Having the correct solve is going to blow your mind, no matter who they think you are.
        I'm thinking that this knowledge would cause that person to pause and reflect.
        It might take awhile.
        Who knows.
        Thanks RT. I'm not sure that I understand all of this but I am getting a headache thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by whiskynovember

Pinus aristata is the only truly viable candidate: puts you in Colorado or New Mexico.
          Bristlecone Pine. Oldest living thing on earth? The oldest one we know of is on Black Mountain in CO and is estimated to be 2480 years old. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

I'm curious - what is your definition of found? If it has been "found" then why hasn't it been recovered? Does "found" mean that someone has actually seen the chest? Or maybe "found" means that someone has been within 20 feet of the chest. Even if you are able to get coordinates from the poem, due to the inaccuracy of GPS you can only be confident to within about 20 feet. Forrest said that a physical presence is needed to complete the solve. Does "found" mean that someone has figured out the GPS coordinates and they just need to go BOTG to recover the chest? Or maybe the finder has been BOTG and there's some kind of trick (twist) at the end that they aren't seeing.
            I meant "found and retrieved".

Comment

I agree.
              Then again, they may be twisted already and they're seeing something no one else has seen.
              If that were the case, they may not see any need for hurry.
              They might even be the type to have a solve so cocky that it has inflated the psi and they therefore,suffer from head pressure.
              Having the correct solve is going to blow your mind, no matter who they think you are.
              I'm thinking that this knowledge would cause that person to pause and reflect.
              It might take awhile.
              Who knows.
              twisted, cocky, inflated the psi(head pressure)
              Sounds like you're projecting some bad mojo on the "Finder" or "Lead Searcher" or "Hunter" ("The FLASH" for short )
              What gives? Do you know something "we" don't? (About this topic I mean )
              Last edited by NoStaticAtALL_IN_hi-deaf; 08-05-2019, 04:39 PM.
              Chase Theme Song: The Good Ship Lollipop
              Rule #X: Trust everyone without question even if they're on your blind side - consider yourself uninformed {T - 1:09 and counting}

Comment

https://youtu.be/PfjZoM_wrV0
                https://youtu.be/sIySC__q33U

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
                  Or maybe the finder has been BOTG and there's some kind of trick (twist) at the end that they aren't seeing.
                  Good thinking, RG. Imagine the situation of the potential 'finder" who arrives at the last clue location and, if the TC is not sticking out, finds himself at a loss of what to do next. There are several limited choices of what he might do:
                  - check all the obvious hiding places;
                  - metal detect the hell out of everything (he wouldn't know how deep is the hole to dig, so, no signal - no digging is necessary);
                  - apply all known hints.

I was in a similar situation without any idea of what to do next myself. That <desperation> would force you to consider less realistic scenario, like follow the closest ridge up to the top, etc. In order to adjust for the strength level of 80-years old person, I decided to return back to the parking lot and return (bringing a metal detector). Only when I made two trips in one afternoon, I realized how stupid it would have been even to think that anyone would be able to carry 20 lbs load twice up to any ridge... In my solve, the way to the hiding spot is always straight and/or down, so Forrest would have had easier time hiking with his load down and returning up the slope empty handed.

Comment

Dizzy drained a six of Jax while commentating from the platform, while Forrest couldn't finish a single Dr Pepper. But ho-hum for everyone. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

I meant "found and retrieved".
                      Well I'd quite like it if you'd care to explain the basis for your belief, because I'm about to buy some airplane tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by NoStaticAtALL_IN_hi-deaf View Post

twisted, cocky, inflated the psi(head pressure)
                        Sounds like you're projecting some bad mojo on the "Finder" or "Lead Searcher" or "Hunter" ("The FLASH" for short )
                        What gives? Do you know something "we" don't? (About this topic I mean )
                        I don't always come across to everyone.
                        There was nothing in my comment that should have suggested "bad mojo". I was in fact, surprised by your reaction.
                        Maybe you and I are from different generations, or even different cultures, I don't know.

Twisted, to me, means the person looks at things in a whole 'nother way. That's a badge of honor, where I'm from.
                        Cocky ? That's what it takes to swing them pigtails back and forth. It creates the swagger and it says to you "Yes, I have exactly what you're looking for, follow me."
                        Fate is such a fickle wench.
                        Cockiness is a sure sign of an alpha. A lead dog.

If there's one out there, it's a very real possibility that they have taken the controls.
                        That would certainly be cocky.

Do I know something you don't know about this topic ?
                        I can't answer that, simply because I have no way of knowing what you may or may not know about it.
                        Further, I have no way of knowing if what I may know, is even correct. If it's not, then I don't know anything.
                        If it is, then yes, it's possible I may know more. At the same time though, it's also possible that you know the exact same things that I may know.
                        That would negate it once more. And make both of us either correct, or both of us wrong.
                        So, your question can't be answered based on the available knowledge.

Not one of us have proven that we know more about this than the next searcher.
                        That doesn't mean that a correct solve doesn't exist. It would mean that the correct solve hasn't been executed.
                        Someone could be sitting on it right now, with a smug look on their face.

So no, my comment wasn't about bad mojo.
                        Like everything else I type, it was an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
                          Ever since the Dizzy Dean scrapbook # 188 came out in June 2018, I have struggled with the hidden meaning of the text. When he included the scrapbook in the revised edition of OUAW, I knew it had significance but I couldn’t wrap my mind around it. Today I had an epiphany. Two of Forrest Fenn’s “heroes” are Dizzy Dean and Satchel Page. I looked up the synonyms for hero, one of them is star. Well where do we find our star, Dizzy Dean. He is on a platform about 10 feet off the ground. So I looked up the definition of platform. A platform is defined as a “raised” level surface on which people or things can stand. Which takes me back to the cover of OUAW, it depicts a man fishing for a star. I believe we as a community are searching for a “raised star” either on a rock or a tree, and that star is the blaze.
                          Great post!
                          If you have been wise and found the blaze, well, the sun is a star and is used to tell the time.. So can we be looking for a sun dial, and the wise way to see a sun dial is from elevation/platform.
                          You can also get dizzy from heights- .

Comment

I don't always come across to everyone.
                            There was nothing in my comment that should have suggested "bad mojo". I was in fact, surprised by your reaction.
                            Maybe you and I are from different generations, or even different cultures, I don't know.

Twisted, to me, means the person looks at things in a whole 'nother way. That's a badge of honor, where I'm from.
                            Cocky ? That's what it takes to swing them pigtails back and forth. It creates the swagger and it says to you "Yes, I have exactly what you're looking for, follow me."
                            Fate is such a fickle wench.
                            We are most certainly from different cultures; you're from the south; I'm from the north; looks like another "civil" war. I was just having a little fun with you RT. I wouldn't generally call someone twisted or cocky in a positive way; but your perspective is interesting.

Cockiness is a sure sign of an alpha. A lead dog.
                            To me cockiness = overconfidence = foolish alpha

If there's one out there, it's a very real possibility that they have taken the controls.
                            That would certainly be cocky.
                            I can't really picture what that person would look like. I doubt anyone is trying to take the controls away from a veteran fighter pilot; that would seem to me to be a fool's errand at best.

Do I know something you don't know about this topic ?
                            I can't answer that, simply because I have no way of knowing what you may or may not know about it.
                            Further, I have no way of knowing if what I may know, is even correct. If it's not, then I don't know anything.
                            If it is, then yes, it's possible I may know more. At the same time though, it's also possible that you know the exact same things that I may know.
                            That would negate it once more. And make both of us either correct, or both of us wrong.
                            So, your question can't be answered based on the available knowledge.

Not one of us have proven that we know more about this than the next searcher.
                            That doesn't mean that a correct solve doesn't exist. It would mean that the correct solve hasn't been executed.
                            Someone could be sitting on it right now, with a smug look on their face.

So no, my comment wasn't about bad mojo.
                            Like everything else I type, it was an observation.
                            Last edited by NoStaticAtALL_IN_hi-deaf; 08-06-2019, 11:39 AM.
                            Rule #X: Trust everyone without question even if they're on your blind side - consider yourself uninformed {T - 1:09 and counting}

Comment

The preconception that a lead searcher is not on the blogs is wrong. The person will be the widest user of every process. They'd be confident too, or at least daring with information. So I say: watch for them.
                              Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                                The preconception that a lead searcher is not on the blogs is wrong. The person will be the widest user of every process. They'd be confident too, or at least daring with information. So I say: watch for them.
                                I'll try keep an eye out for 'em; do you have a description of the perp?

Comment

Working...
                                X