Understanding Dizzy Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneMoreBOTG View Post
    Jerome David Salinger and Jerome Herman "Dizzy" Dean.
    A catcher and a pitcher.
    There are several other pairings as well. #twins
    Show me short stop and second base and I‘m following!

Comment

Originally posted by NoStaticAtALL_IN_hi-deaf View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	63-63464_mlb_minnesota_twins_tc_logo_6628.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	111324
      Mini Soda.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper
        I want you to know I think you all are Superstars for working so hard at this. A Dr Pepper is in order tonight...mixed with a little brandy.
        Can‘t make it to Dallas nor Alaska... is WYS okay for you? Buffalo Bar at 7pm? Looking forward!

Comment

Originally posted by OneMoreBOTG View Post

Mini Soda.

I'll raise you one Grapette:

Click image for larger version  Name:	pi-vikings-danielle-hunter-091416.jpg Views:	1 Size:	130.0 KB ID:	111331

AND a Hunter; CHECKMATE!
          Last edited by NoStaticAtALL_IN_hi-deaf; 08-02-2019, 01:32 PM.
          Chase Theme Song: The Good Ship Lollipop
          Rule #X: Trust everyone without question even if they're on your blind side - consider yourself uninformed {T - 1:09 and counting}

Comment

His reference in Dizzy Dean is to direct people to a tree. What is the story about? It's about a pitcher. Follow me. Pitcher = pitch = pine pitch = pine tar = tar = tarry.

Comment

Come on everyone, who likes to drink beer on or during their platform?

Seannm

Comment

Originally posted by Seannm View Post
                Come on everyone, who likes to drink beer on or during their platform?

Seannm
                A “Dean” who likes to have a beer? See what I did there......... stepping away from this one now ..... doh!
                “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                  His reference in Dizzy Dean is to direct people to a tree. What is the story about? It's about a pitcher. Follow me. Pitcher = pitch = pine pitch = pine tar = tar = tarry.
                  Nice one...i agree

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Hello Sister, it’s not an anagram. It’s right there in black and white in the first line of stanza four. If you’ve been wise and found the blaze. The ‘wisemen’ were following a star to Bethlehem. So if you are ‘wise’ you are searching for a star.
                    So of the four meanings why is wise men used ?

G3097

μάγος

magos

mag'-os

Of foreign origin [H7248]; a Magian, that is, Oriental scientist; by implication a magician: - sorcerer, wise man.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

A “Dean” who likes to have a beer? See what I did there......... stepping away from this one now ..... doh!
                      A Dean that likes to have a beer is a Dear , Doe !

Comment

I prefer a good draft beer - anyone wanna share a pitcher?

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                          I prefer a good draft beer - anyone wanna share a pitcher?
                          As a German that I am... beer is the ultimate lure... where? When?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Hello Sister, it’s not an anagram. It’s right there in black and white in the first line of stanza four. If you’ve been wise and found the blaze. The ‘wisemen’ were following a star to Bethlehem. So if you are ‘wise’ you are searching for a star.
                            Matthew 2:2 " we have seen things strewn across the Anatolia "

No stars, just things "strewn across" a region in middle east.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                              What about "father on the Banco"......? Have you ever looked up the definition (using wiktionary) of Banco? Maybe we're looking for a Judge and a star........

I'm just a pretend Sherif that wears a star......

1f
                              Fishing for a star, here you go.. http://music.youtube.com/watch?v=iVO...&feature=share

Comment

Originally posted by Hint View Post
                                I loved it!
                                1f

Comment

Working...
                                X