Understanding Dizzy Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Is this speculation, or can you cite a source ?
    DP's foreword to OUAW doesn't mention how many stanzas were in the poem when Forrest read it to him.
    https://mysteriouswritings.com/dougl...-upon-a-while/

Speculation, I thought I had read that it was originally 4 stanzas, and Forrest had added to it, I guess i am mistaken, my bad.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Copper

Dare I ask the anagram that has helped you come to this conclusion?
      Hello Sister, it’s not an anagram. It’s right there in black and white in the first line of stanza four. If you’ve been wise and found the blaze. The ‘wisemen’ were following a star to Bethlehem. So if you are ‘wise’ you are searching for a star.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Now there are already two „rules“ made up by searchers I find irritating because they simply do not exist as rules to the game! Please try to convince me or prove that the following statements are true and can stand as rules to the game:

1. The blaze (and probably all other sites referring to clues) has to be durable to exist for 100 or 1000 years.
        2. The blaze can‘t be manmade.

I will not be convinced by „just logical thinking“... I want rockhard proof, please!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Durability of the blaze. How long did Forrest believe the chase would last. He’s said 100 or even a thousand years. And yet after only 9 years, he’s surprised that it hasn’t been found. He showed the original first four stanzas to Doug Preston, and Doug’s concern was that it would only take a few weeks to figure out. So Forrest went back to the drawing board and added two stanzas. I guess the question is how durable does a blaze have to be if you think it will only take a few years to figure out?
          Anna-- I think the statement, "it hasn't been found" is incorrect. I believe Mr. Fenn KNOWS it has been found. Yes, I'm positive, he knows.

1f

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

HEY Sherif - I know where you can find em.
            Do tell...
            1f

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

Anna-- I think the statement, "it hasn't been found" is incorrect. I believe Mr. Fenn KNOWS it has been found. Yes, I'm positive, he knows.

1f
              I believe it’s still out there. Fenn is a man of his word and has promised to notify THOR and the major media outlets when it has been found.
              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

I believe it’s still out there. Fenn is a man of his word and has promised to notify THOR and the major media outlets when it has been found.
                That quote you are referring to was made in reference to finding the chest. I thought that you were referring to the blaze.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

That quote you are referring to was made in reference to finding the chest. I thought that you were referring to the blaze.
                  Oh in that case I agree the blaze has been found
                  --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Thanks Anna... You just made things click.... I have avoided a spot at my solve because I felt that ff could not have put it there... My flaw is that I have always thought of it as a marvel gaze and it is too difficult for an 80 year old man to climb to.... As a blaze.... the chest would be quickly down or below that spot... and there are 2 cold ones on top! And oddly it looks like a J
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Dizzy Dean.jpg Views:	0 Size:	195.8 KB ID:	111309
                    Last edited by Coinaster; 08-02-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

You‘re right MD! But sometimes it sounds like I have to live up to others‘ rules... the durability thing should definitely be taken with a grain of salt... don‘t you think?

Comment

It’s right there in black and white in the first line of stanza four. If you’ve been wise and found the blaze. The ‘wisemen’ were following a star to Bethlehem.
                        I agree, up to a point. The wise men had 'seen the light'.
                        However, I don't believe it means we are searching for a star.

Comment

In German we say something like „The wise man walks with a crooked back“....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	64-64241_nhl_minnesota_north_stars_logo_6628.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	111321

Comment

Jerome David Salinger and Jerome Herman "Dizzy" Dean.
                              A catcher and a pitcher.
                              There are several other pairings as well. #twins

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	63-63464_mlb_minnesota_twins_tc_logo_6628.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	111324

Comment

Working...
                                X