Understanding Dizzy Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding Dizzy Dean

Ever since the Dizzy Dean scrapbook # 188 came out in June 2018, I have struggled with the hidden meaning of the text. When he included the scrapbook in the revised edition of OUAW, I knew it had significance but I couldn’t wrap my mind around it. Today I had an epiphany. Two of Forrest Fenn’s “heroes” are Dizzy Dean and Satchel Page. I looked up the synonyms for hero, one of them is star. Well where do we find our star, Dizzy Dean. He is on a platform about 10 feet off the ground. So I looked up the definition of platform. A platform is defined as a “raised” level surface on which people or things can stand. Which takes me back to the cover of OUAW, it depicts a man fishing for a star. I believe we as a community are searching for a “raised star” either on a rock or a tree, and that star is the blaze.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Very nice Anna, I always appreciate your input and views!

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post
        Nope.
        Touche
        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
        --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Just messin' with ya !

Comment

What about "father on the Banco"......? Have you ever looked up the definition (using wiktionary) of Banco? Maybe we're looking for a Judge and a star........

I'm just a pretend Sherif that wears a star......

1f

Comment

From what I remember. The pic of dizzy is on the cover of time magazine. I've always thought the Time magazine in his trash is a huge clue to the significance to why he put the treasure where he did. But couldn't tie in something relevant to pre 88. Besides military. Which would be structural so it doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
                From what I remember. The pic of dizzy is on the cover of time magazine. I've always thought the Time magazine in his trash is a huge clue to the significance to why he put the treasure where he did. But couldn't tie in something relevant to pre 88. Besides military. Which would be structural so it doesn't work.
                This is probably the issue of Time that Forrest threw away in the trash.
                It has story about JD Salinger death and I can see Forrest throwing the magazine away because of the cover.

http://content.time.com/time/magazin...100215,00.html J.D. Salinger Dies: Hermit Crab of American Letters (Appreciation)

" Author J.D. Salinger's only novel, The Catcher in the Rye, achieved a status that made him cringe. For decades the book was a universal rite of passage for adolescents, the manifesto of disenchanted youth " What Is Robert Gates Really Fighting For? (Cover)

" A trusted aide to six Presidents, Robert Gates is the most powerful Defense Secretary in a generation. But what is the Republican at the head of Obama's war room fighting for? "

OR WHAT ABOUT THIS ? Brief History of Gays in the Military

" As Congress opens its first hearings into "Don't ask, don't tell" in 17 years, TIME takes a look a the history of the love that dare not speak its name on the battlefield "

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
                  Ever since the Dizzy Dean scrapbook # 188 came out in June 2018, I have struggled with the hidden meaning of the text. When he included the scrapbook in the revised edition of OUAW, I knew it had significance but I couldn’t wrap my mind around it. Today I had an epiphany. Two of Forrest Fenn’s “heroes” are Dizzy Dean and Satchel Page. I looked up the synonyms for hero, one of them is star. Well where do we find our star, Dizzy Dean. He is on a platform about 10 feet off the ground. So I looked up the definition of platform. A platform is defined as a “raised” level surface on which people or things can stand. Which takes me back to the cover of OUAW, it depicts a man fishing for a star. I believe we as a community are searching for a “raised star” either on a rock or a tree, and that star is the blaze.
                  Thank you for this point of view. I think it's creative, and perhaps illustrates the kind of thinking necessary to solve the poem. However, I don't imagine a tree being durable enough to play the
                  role of supporting the blaze. I would tend to favor a rock or other geologic structure as having the required longevity. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
                    Maybe it has something to do with daylight saving time

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

http://content.time.com/time/magazin...100215,00.html [h=2][
                      " Author J.D. Salinger's only novel, The Catcher in the Rye, achieved a status that made him cringe. For decades the book was a universal rite of passage for adolescents, the manifesto of disenchanted youth " [h=2]
                      Hrm. This says JD published 4 novels in his lifetime:
                      https://www.apnews.com/bd23f4eef86947d8bb514eedcda37b43

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

This is probably the issue of Time that Forrest threw away in the trash.
                        It has story about JD Salinger death and I can see Forrest throwing the magazine away because of the cover.

http://content.time.com/time/magazin...100215,00.html J.D. Salinger Dies: Hermit Crab of American Letters (Appreciation)

" Author J.D. Salinger's only novel, The Catcher in the Rye, achieved a status that made him cringe. For decades the book was a universal rite of passage for adolescents, the manifesto of disenchanted youth " What Is Robert Gates Really Fighting For? (Cover)

" A trusted aide to six Presidents, Robert Gates is the most powerful Defense Secretary in a generation. But what is the Republican at the head of Obama's war room fighting for? "

OR WHAT ABOUT THIS ? Brief History of Gays in the Military

" As Congress opens its first hearings into "Don't ask, don't tell" in 17 years, TIME takes a look a the history of the love that dare not speak its name on the battlefield "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0pPPkkT7GI

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Thank you for this point of view. I think it's creative, and perhaps illustrates the kind of thinking necessary to solve the poem. However, I don't imagine a tree being durable enough to play the
                          role of supporting the blaze. I would tend to favor a rock or other geologic structure as having the required longevity. Good luck toyou.
                          Durability of the blaze. How long did Forrest believe the chase would last. He’s said 100 or even a thousand years. And yet after only 9 years, he’s surprised that it hasn’t been found. He showed the original first four stanzas to Doug Preston, and Doug’s concern was that it would only take a few weeks to figure out. So Forrest went back to the drawing board and added two stanzas. I guess the question is how durable does a blaze have to be if you think it will only take a few years to figure out?
                          --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                            What about "father on the Banco"......? Have you ever looked up the definition (using wiktionary) of Banco? Maybe we're looking for a Judge and a star........

I'm just a pretend Sherif that wears a star......

1f
                            HEY Sherif - I know where you can find em.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
                              He showed the original first four stanzas to Doug Preston, and Doug’s concern was that it would only take a few weeks to figure out. So Forrest went back to the drawing board and added two stanzas.
                              Is this speculation, or can you cite a source ?
                              DP's foreword to OUAW doesn't mention how many stanzas were in the poem when Forrest read it to him.
                              https://mysteriouswritings.com/dougl...-upon-a-while/

Comment

Working...
                              X